Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

McTimmy posted:

Morales uses 6 energy to heal a tick and after 3 seconds of not healing regains 6. Morales self-heals for 2% max HP when healing others.

Ok so y = x+3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

YolkaEd posted:

The Leoric rework looks insane. Baseline cleave+100% bonus damage every third basic attack (matching up his animations), March of the Black King buffed, his Entomb 20 talent silences heroes caught in it, and he has a talent called Kneel, Peasants! I cannot wait for this to go live (and inevitably be nerfed because of excessive whining).

I dunno, looks pretty bad to me. Granted we have pretty limited details right now but look at some of this poo poo:

-14 sec CD on swing is a huge nerf to his wave clear and very punishing if you happen to miss a hero
- Moving similar talents on to the same tier really fucks with his ability to specialize (which is one of the reasons why I think he's a cool champion)
- A lot of the talents are the same but have reduced numbers as well as no longer being able to synergize with some other talents that would make them stronger
- The silence on entomb is cool but getting it so late in the game really hurts its usefulness. I have doubts it will even change up Leoric's gameplan all that much adding 1 or 2 more targets to the list of people you want to entomb since you'll still probably be going after the same target or using it in the same situations.
- Ominous Wraith is so good it seems like a joke, especially with royal focus synergy. I could see those 2 talents dominating their respective talent tiers and having to spend a bunch of my time ghosting around teamfights as a weird pseudo-support tank (not really something I want to be doing as Leoric)
- Keeping track of auto attacks can be an unfun chore

It could also be I'm just mad that they screwed with or removed all my normal talents (and I didn't even go with the drain hope entomb build 95% of the time).

BattleHamster fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Aug 22, 2017

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Mind over Matter posted:

Their allotted Steve Blum time is much better spent on getting Zoltun Kulle into the game.

Zoltun Kulle is the best thing to come out of Diablo 3 and I would love to see him in HOTS.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
On the other hand...

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

March heals 12% per hit in the rework, it seems pretty crazy. Still not better than Entomb but not completely dead weight now.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

:catstare: Owns.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
boy, i would be much happier with Twitch clips if it didn't load in the loving chat.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Thank you twitch for providing a mute button

leeeee or ick is BACK BOYeeeeeeees

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

BattleHamster posted:

- Keeping track of auto attacks can be an unfun chore

Yeah that's Samuro's gimmick and it's annoying

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Why would you keep track of Samuro's auto if you're only hitting neutral creeps until you hit level 28

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

This is cool, i wonder what the rest of the match is like...

https://clips.twitch.tv/DifficultBreakableTarsierYouWHY

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Fried Watermelon posted:

Yeah that's Samuro's gimmick and it's annoying

I liked it on Vi back in League, probably bolstered by the fact that the tak, tak, CRACK of her auto attacks was really satisfying.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Pallytime is streaming again, currently looking at Leroic. For those of you worried about his waveclear after his other changes and haven't heard yet (like me), his auto attacks now cleave twice, crit one target, then repeats.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Q: What's worse than having an abathur on your team that takes monstrosity?

A: Losing to an abathur that takes monstrosity.

A2: An abathur that takes ultimate evolution and never uses it.

EDIT: And somehow monstrosity has a higher winrate than evo on hotslogs... I seriously don't understand how that's possible.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Aug 23, 2017

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

No Wave posted:

Q: What's worse than having an abathur on your team that takes monstrosity?

A: Losing to an abathur that takes monstrosity.

A2: An abathur that takes ultimate evolution and never uses it.

EDIT: And somehow monstrosity has a higher winrate than evo on hotslogs... I seriously don't understand how that's possible.

Because win rate has nothing to do with if a skill is good.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

If your team is already rolling the enemy in teamfights 4v5, ultimate evo isn't going to give you much additional value, while monstrosity will push a lane and take out structures and provide map pressure like a merc wave. Think of it as a win more talent, and the win rate makes sense.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
There's also probably a bunch of games where the monstrosity gets time to snowball just because of bad play (or possibly even because of the conventional wisdom that it's the bad ult that doesn't do anything), meanwhile Ultimate Evo requires the Aba player to have some idea of how to play at least one of the other heroes on the team, and have the good game sense to know when to pop it and on who.

FWIW, Evo's winrate is slightly better in HL.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 23, 2017

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
If you stack the right hat skills, the monstrosity can become nigh boss-level when it comes to hammering a lane. Depending on the map it's a totally valid strat, assuming your team can hold their own in team fights or delay well enough. Examples would be Dragon shire or Braxis.

Otherwise it's poo poo, yeah.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Fuzz posted:

If you stack the right hat skills, the monstrosity can become nigh boss-level when it comes to hammering a lane. Depending on the map it's a totally valid strat, assuming your team can hold their own in team fights or delay well enough. Examples would be Dragon shire or Braxis.

Otherwise it's poo poo, yeah.

If your team can win all their team fights 4.25v5 then it really doesn't matter what Aba is doing.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
If it's an Abathur doing what they're supposed to be doing, it absolutely does matter. The XP lead a good Abathur can provide is very significant.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
It shouldn't really take a lot of imaginative effort to see how both Abathur ultimates can be very useful in different circumstances.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Onean posted:

If it's an Abathur doing what they're supposed to be doing, it absolutely does matter. The XP lead a good Abathur can provide is very significant.

This.

It's not much different than Murky, it's just Murky gets a pass (and regularly gives up exp for dying) while everyone loses their minds if Aba decides to push a lane.

On the maps I mentioned you don't have to win team fights, just delay or counter cap to halt all objective progress. In that situation you will ultimately win by stalling and dragging them into wasting their time on the objective while your Aba takes two forts and runs wild on a lane unless they then waste time stopping him (which would take more than one person because the monstrosity is a sponge and isn't affected by percentage hero damage because it's technically not a hero), in which case you roll the rest of their team and take the objective(s).

Monstrosity is totally valid, if built right and the Aba knows what they're doing.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Not gonna lie I'm more excited for the documentary about how they make a hero than Kel'thuzad himself

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Fuzz posted:

This.

It's not much different than Murky, it's just Murky gets a pass (and regularly gives up exp for dying) while everyone loses their minds if Aba decides to push a lane.

On the maps I mentioned you don't have to win team fights, just delay or counter cap to halt all objective progress. In that situation you will ultimately win by stalling and dragging them into wasting their time on the objective while your Aba takes two forts and runs wild on a lane unless they then waste time stopping him (which would take more than one person because the monstrosity is a sponge and isn't affected by percentage hero damage because it's technically not a hero), in which case you roll the rest of their team and take the objective(s).

Monstrosity is totally valid, if built right and the Aba knows what they're doing.

You can't really just stall if you're down a man. They can just bully you completely out of the lane if they're up a person. I've never seen any team ever draft Aba on those maps or Aba ever take monstrosity in a real game. I think your argument is more that, if the other team is real bad then monstrosity is great. Which is probably true. But so is just about any hero/ult. If your team is able to hold 4v5 then you can just let anyone with a global go split push and get the same xp lead. Except that extra teammate can also come team fight if needed.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Aug 23, 2017

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/heroes-of-the-storm/20973152/heroes-of-the-storm-balance-patch-notes-august-23-2017

Goodbye Butcher and Uther

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hunt CD from 60 seconds to 100 seconds... good lord ded character

Xul skelemage cooldown increase - called it and posted about it here!!!

Garrosh buffed, which was surprising, his winrate was going up already.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Wow it's just nerfs for everyone. Except Garrosh. And Tyrande.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Seems weird that Malthiel is still left alone when he's 4th highest winrate, 4th highest pick rate. I guess he's not that frustrating.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Aug 23, 2017

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

No Wave posted:

Seems weird that Malthiel is still left alone when he's 4th highest winrate, 4th highest pick rate. I guess he's not that frustrating.

No one can stop Death.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
i'll forever miss hyper-butcher, he was truly too beautiful for this world

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

stay depressed posted:

i'll forever miss hyper-butcher, he was truly too beautiful for this world
I started playing about two weeks ago and the Butcher is by far the least fun thing in the game so I support any and all nerfs to him.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I played with a Malth last night who took Pale Horse at level 1 (and a bunch of other dumb talents down the road)

Turns out when you ignore his only two escape talents, Malthael dies a whole lot. Who woulda thought?!

Butcher desperately needed the nerf, as fun as he was to steamroll with. I've played with several god-awful butchers since the patch who still finished their quests easily.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Gobbeldygook posted:

I started playing about two weeks ago and the Butcher is by far the least fun thing in the game so I support any and all nerfs to him.

I think everyone feels like that about butcher when they start. It seems broken that he can just charge and kill you until you start playing with teams that will just kill him

He's hell broken now though. Last game with butcher I played we were was teamed with a Garrosh and he just got thrown meat constantly. He got stacked in like 4 minutes and it was just gross

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

PantsBandit posted:

I played with a Malth last night who took Pale Horse at level 1 (and a bunch of other dumb talents down the road)

Turns out when you ignore his only two escape talents, Malthael dies a whole lot. Who woulda thought?!

Butcher desperately needed the nerf, as fun as he was to steamroll with. I've played with several god-awful butchers since the patch who still finished their quests easily.

Heh, I never could understand why anyone would take pale horse.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

bamhand posted:

Wow it's just nerfs for everyone. Except Garrosh. And Tyrande.

A L A R A K

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
What an odd patch, a lot of random changes/nerfs to heroes that don't see much play already

Kerrigan changes make no real sense, and they nerfed Chen but didn't address the massive bug that is making him see a little bit of play now

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 23, 2017

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Rewards for an event are up. They all look real boring.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Why did they nerf chen, I don't understand

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I think everyone feels like that about butcher when they start. It seems broken that he can just charge and kill you until you start playing with teams that will just kill him

He's hell broken now though. Last game with butcher I played we were was teamed with a Garrosh and he just got thrown meat constantly. He got stacked in like 4 minutes and it was just gross
Right now I'm just leveling heroes up to 5 in quick match. If Butcher is on the other team, often I don't really get to play the second half of the game because he will 100-0 stunlock/silence me on sight because I queued up with the wrong hero. I understand he's not very good competitively and how a good team would deal with him, but he ruins my fun and I want that to stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Gobbeldygook posted:

Right now I'm just leveling heroes up to 5 in quick match. If Butcher is on the other team, often I don't really get to play the second half of the game because he will 100-0 stunlock/silence me on sight because I queued up with the wrong hero. I understand he's not very good competitively and how a good team would deal with him, but he ruins my fun and I want that to stop.

If you're getting owned by the Butcher now, you're still going to get owned by the Butcher after the patch. It'll just take him slightly longer to get up to speed.