Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback
Willing to kill for a firing range with some moving targets to practice on. By the time they implement it I won't need it anymore. :negative:

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

was playing solo fpp. there's a concrete shed in the zone so i'm figuring someone's gonna be in it. pull the pin on my stun, grenade sails in the window.

Anyone that can get a grenade to do things like this is a wizard. Every time I throw one it just fucks me over. I dunno how a grenade hits a flat object at a diagonal angle and bounces straight back at you, but that was certainly a hell of a way to die in the final ten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Willing to kill for a firing range with some moving targets to practice on. By the time they implement it I won't need it anymore. :negative:

Just keep dropping on the firing range :confused:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Anyone that can get a grenade to do things like this is a wizard. Every time I throw one it just fucks me over. I dunno how a grenade hits a flat object at a diagonal angle and bounces straight back at you, but that was certainly a hell of a way to die in the final ten.

They need to fix the arc indicator because it's completely wrong almost every time I throw a grenade.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i think it's subject to variance that isn't displayed if you're moving, i tend to just stop for a second and they feel more or less accurate

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I'm watching drdisrespect (yeah, nothing to do) and the honkers are back. I like this trend.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

was playing solo fpp. there's a concrete shed in the zone so i'm figuring someone's gonna be in it. pull the pin on my stun, grenade sails in the window. sprint up and slam open the door...there's just a dude sitting blinded in the corner. doesn't even spray when i start dumping into him.

wtf? do flashes render you way more deaf than i realize?

This is what a direct flash does: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pr5QGRlXQE&t=135s

WirelessPillow fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Aug 23, 2017

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Did PU have anything to say at the Xbox panel?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I also have problems with grenades being shits, even when the arc shows that it will hit the window they will still go somewhere else and bounce back to me

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I also have problems with grenades being shits, even when the arc shows that it will hit the window they will still go somewhere else and bounce back to me

Sometimes this happens but it's a graphical glitch and server-side will calculate the grenade as landing inside. I have watched a grenade bounce right back at me, go off in my face, and then I got a kill message. Quite glitchy.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
pretty sure just had my first waller, or something weird was going on. getting shot by a guy no matter how many intersecting walls i put between us. more likely it was just a guy who didn't have his buildings load in, but still, hella annoying.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

This does not show anything of the sort. I even went back and watched more of the video and endured all of your friends talking while you played.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Fun fact: If you're in the front-passenger seat of a car and hold a flashbang until it goes off in your hands, everyone in the car is blinded except you :eng101:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

These shadowplay highlights are saving 2-5 second length videos after the kill...not even the actual kill... what's up with that?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Dunno, mine is working

Do you have available space?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

48 gb

sensy v2.0
May 12, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL9cgkxg0zE
Pugb can be an emotional roller coaster.

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

ethanol posted:

These shadowplay highlights are saving 2-5 second length videos after the kill...not even the actual kill... what's up with that?

1) in geforce experience goto:
gear->settings->highlights
then set the file size so its not really small
Then click done

2)click the in game overlay menu. it is alt+Z in game or the triangle on the top right of geforce experience.
goto: instant replay->customize
This is where you can set the bitrate and timeframe

I got mine to work pretty seamlessly. Here is a round where I shot 5 guys. :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEVo_zKHDJE

I put it up as a playlist but that didnt seem to work.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
please don't post gameplay of third person while pretending you did something

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

please don't post

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Third person is better than first person, nerd

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

The videos in this thread have gotten a lot worse since the crazy vehicle physics got "fixed."

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

videos is alot better than screenshots of wins because they're easier to scroll past

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

please don't post gameplay of third person while pretending you did something

Cool Guy With Opinions strikes again!!

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

sterster posted:

This does not show anything of the sort. I even went back and watched more of the video and endured all of your friends talking while you played.

I time stamped a second before I got hit by a flash grenade?

Edit: apparently the Save url decided to be 5 minutes in instead of two minutes. My fault. I edited the correct link into the original post.

WirelessPillow fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 23, 2017

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Any way to keep shadow play from picking up VoIP?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I'm not on NVIDIA myself but if it has sound input settings you could set up virtual devices using software like Voicemeeter to have your comms software be output through a different device than the virtual device picks up.

MrBadidea
Apr 1, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Are they? I don't play a lot of multiplayer shooters but I don't see how an elevator could be more complicated than a jeep.

A train that circles the map or one area would be cool too.

Jeeps attach the players to the vehicle, elevators wouldn't. There'd be ways to work around the weird bobbing and glitching the player models would do, but it's a lot of weird bullshitting around the way all the movement and networking is done to make it not look (and feel) awful.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Philman posted:

1) in geforce experience goto:
gear->settings->highlights
then set the file size so its not really small
Then click done

2)click the in game overlay menu. it is alt+Z in game or the triangle on the top right of geforce experience.
goto: instant replay->customize
This is where you can set the bitrate and timeframe

I got mine to work pretty seamlessly. Here is a round where I shot 5 guys. :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEVo_zKHDJE

I put it up as a playlist but that didnt seem to work.

Didn't work. Still just records clips less than one mb big. Instant Replay works fine.

edit: reinstalled geforce experience, think that fixed it.

ethanol fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Aug 24, 2017

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

hawowanlawow posted:

Any way to keep shadow play from picking up VoIP?

There's a button to turn off recording your mic entirely, does that help? Or does it record discord/mumble from your squadmates? I don't actually know if it does

e- Ha, I just checked one of my duo recordings from last night, and I guess it's recording my buddy but not me. I kinda want an answer to this as well

Hooplah fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Aug 23, 2017

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Hooplah posted:

There's a button to turn off recording your mic entirely, does that help? Or does it record discord/mumble from your squadmates? I don't actually know if it does

I tried it and it did nothing to either

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Unfortunately all the streaming software seems to only be able to capture everything being sent to a given audio device, so the only way to work around that is to use a virtual audio cable driver of some sort (or an actual separate device) and put the game on that while your chat runs on the other thing.

You'd think that since Windows added the mixer functionality there'd be some easy way to capture audio from an individual app, but apparently that's not the case.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
my geforce experience doesn't even work anymore which is sad because I'd like to take advantage of this highlights thing

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
It works fine for me. Catches both my kills and deaths. Sadly there are far more deaths than kills, but regardless, it's still a cool feature.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Getting two double barrel shotguns and a revolver is the best gimmick. Its high noon motherfuckers!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

MrBadidea posted:

Jeeps attach the players to the vehicle, elevators wouldn't. There'd be ways to work around the weird bobbing and glitching the player models would do, but it's a lot of weird bullshitting around the way all the movement and networking is done to make it not look (and feel) awful.
Ahh that's a good point. First draft would have designated standing positions but agreed, that's unfortunate. That's certainly not just an elevator problem though, it's a problem with anything on the map that is not fixed that you can stand on. I guess that's another thing which feelings, uhh, gamey - everything is so static and fixed. An alive world has things other than humans and vehicles that move. Let us knock down walls, see things moving in factories, etc. Vaulting and whatnot will help the player not feel like a potato but they're still living in a potato world. I don't think it'd be that hard to do right and you wouldn't have to worry about bullets crossing between the outside/inside elevator boundary while it's moving. Obviously I've never written a network video game though so like, I guess I don't know. Doesn't like, dark souls have elevators in multiplayer?

Window washer scaffolds would be cool too.

EDIT: Like surely there were quake maps with elevators, no?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 23, 2017

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
This is why I like watching the doc.

https://clips.twitch.tv/EntertainingStylishStarVoteYea

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Doc is an actual entertainer, he actually puts in quite a bit of effort when compared to the vast majority of streamers.

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

SpiritOfLenin posted:

Doc is an actual entertainer, he actually puts in quite a bit of effort when compared to the vast majority of streamers.

Yes, he is much better than Linstar.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

A lot of shots fired against folks who want to post highlights of their experiences with this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I just want to make sure everyone is having fun the exact right way.

• Locked thread