Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

How do you do fellow kids.

quote:

The Legend of Zelda series is Nintendo’s best-selling video game franchise enjoyed by more than two generations of gamers. The action-adventure game was released in 1986, only one year after Nintendo’s founding in 1985.

And you know what else was released in 1986? Yeah, you do. The last major reform to the American tax code was signed into law in 1986.

It’s been 31 years, and our current code is far beyond repair.

:laffo: this is their best attempt at youth outreach.

Oh yea, and Nintendo wasn't founded in 1985, that's when the NES came out in America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

loving lol I'm surprised these morons haven't choked to death on air.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Somehow I doubleposted.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

https://twitter.com/evilgaywitch/status/900491534205767680

EDIT: For the record, Nintendo was actually founded in 1889.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Joe Manchin is the worst.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ague Proof posted:

Joe Manchin is the worst.

It was actually McMagic

They called him WV because he kept bitching about Manchin

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

WampaLord posted:

:laffo: this is their best attempt at youth outreach.

Oh yea, and Nintendo wasn't founded in 1985, that's when the NES came out in America.

Zelda is nowhere near their best selling series either. Mario creams it as does Pokemon and most Mario spinoffs. I don't think the entire Zelda series combined has sold as much as Wii Sports

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

The Phoenix PD is investigating themselves, so I am glad that nobody is taking the bait to think that is sufficient and there is a firm commitment to getting an independent investigation rolling.

There is a lot of disappointment from the progressive groups here who organized the protest. We (finally) have a relatively supportive police chief and sheriff, and we were in regular communication with them in the planning phases leading up to the protest. A lot of assurances and measures taken to avoid escalation seem to have been abandoned at some mysterious "flashpoint" last night. I'm confident we will get some answers only because a Tempe city councilman, several State Senators, and lots of press were actually hit with the gas attack that occurred prior to any police warning. This won't get buried anytime soon.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Zelda is nowhere near their best selling series either. Mario creams it as does Pokemon and most Mario spinoffs. I don't think the entire Zelda series combined has sold as much as Wii Sports

The GOP don't want people to know about Wii Sports.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

BlueberryCanary posted:

Caros not exaggerating, either. Donald Trump registered for the 2020 election only weeks after inheriting the office.

Try loving Inaguration day.

http://docquery.fec.gov/pdf/569/201701209041436569/201701209041436569.pdf

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Aug 24, 2017

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Ague Proof posted:

The GOP don't want people to know about Wii Sports.

Judging by the activity calendar at my grandma's retirement home the majority of their base already knows about it.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

History Comes Inside! posted:

Hi trump thread is it normal for a sitting US president to keep having campaign trail rallies like trump is doing or is it another symptom of him being unhinged from reality and wanting to live in a bubble where everyone thinks he's a cool dude?

I've never paid attention before so I don't know.
You are correct it is a completely insane thing to do.

However from a propaganda standpoint he can limit who comes in, and he can solicit money, which he can't do in his official capacity.

A normal and confident politician would use those donations to fund campaigns for his allies but this particular politician has no allies.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Also, loving lol. Carson may have (slightly) hosed himself going to Trump's rally, yesterday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.a7a8b40f37b4

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Nintendo was founded in 1889. You know who else was born that year?

Hitler.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 24, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Judge just struck down Texas' voter ID law again.

quote:

AUSTIN, Texas — A federal judge Wednesday again threw out Texas' voter ID requirements that she previously compared to a "poll tax" on minorities, dealing another court setback to state Republican leaders over voting rights.

U.S. District Judge Nelva Gonzales Ramos rejected a weakened version of the law signed by Republican Gov. Greg Abbott earlier this year. The new version didn't expand the list of acceptable photo identifications — meaning gun licenses remained sufficient proof to vote, but not college student IDs.

But the changes would allow people who lack a required ID to cast a ballot if they signed an affidavit and brought paperwork that showed their name and address, such as a bank statement or utility bill. The new version was supported by the U.S. Justice Department, which under President Barack Obama had joined Democrats and minority rights groups in suing over the law that was first passed in 2011.

But that position has changed with President Donald Trump in charge, who has established a commission to investigate allegations of voter fraud in the 2016 elections. In February, the Justice Department abandoned the argument Texas passed voter ID rules with discrimination in mind and said changes signed by Abbott should satisfy the courts.

Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton called the ruling "outrageous" and said an appeals court should void the ruling.

"The U.S. Department of Justice is satisfied that the amended voter ID law has no discriminatory purpose or effect. Safeguarding the integrity of elections in Texas is essential to preserving our democracy," Paxton said in a statement.

But Gonazles Ramos, who first struck down the law in 2014, said Texas didn't go far enough with its changes and said that criminal penalties Texas attached to lying on the affidavit could have a chilling effect on voters who, fearful of making an innocent mistake on the form, simply won't cast a ballot.

Nor was she swayed by Texas clarifying under the revised law, known as Senate Bill 5, that both U.S. passport books and cards would be accepted. "This feature remains discriminatory because SB 5 perpetuates the selection of types of ID most likely to be possessed by Anglo voters and, disproportionately, not possessed by Hispanics and African-Americans," she wrote.

Texas has spent years fighting to preserve both the voter ID law — which was among the strictest in the U.S. — and voting maps that were both passed by GOP-controlled Legislature in 2011. Earlier this month, a separate federal court found racial gerrymandering in Texas' congressional maps and ordered voting districts to be partially redrawn before the 2018 elections.

"From discriminatory gerrymandering to discriminatory voter ID laws, it has become entirely clear that Texas Republicans are rigging our election system," said Gilberto Hinojosa, chairman of the Texas Democratic Party.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I'm really interested to hear how Food Stamps are like Splatoon.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
On TV, Hillary Clinton has claimed that Trump was creepy and that he came off like a absolute creep and pervert during the debate and that she had to do her best to just smile and ignore it to get through it without calling him a creep.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Apparently the administration is having all types of 14 words issues...

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/just-14-words-trumps-arizona-211156447.html

e: Link's being weird, so here's a capture of the start of the article http://imgur.com/a/7AY07

Bel Shazar fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Aug 24, 2017

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Republicans:

Confederate monuments: good.

National monuments: bad.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/900484801114890244
Wait until they find tar sands below the Confederate statues..

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shifty Pony posted:

I'm really interested to hear how Food Stamps are like Splatoon.

You have a kid now! You get WIC now! You have a kid, you get WIC, you have a kid, you get WIC...

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
I want the WH Email Prankster to be the one to get the smoking gun collusion evidence, by accident.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Lumpy posted:

That's what they said when I was in my teens during Reagan. When will these 30+ years of most liberal people in history outnumber the people who keep electing republican presidents?

The teens of the Reagan era were famously conservative.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
I assumed the Hatch act was named after Orrin and finding out it dates to 1939 has not dissuaded me

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Yeah there very much were a lot of Old White People still at the protest when the police opened up with their initial assault. I'd say the protest was still at 80% of its peak participation. I was 75 yards away from where the gas was first deployed, no notice at all was given to disperse or be gassed.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Party Plane Jones posted:

Judge just struck down Texas' voter ID law again.

If texas went blue it'd be pretty much impossible for republicans to win the presidency ever again, so :getin:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Pikavangelist posted:

https://twitter.com/evilgaywitch/status/900491534205767680

EDIT: For the record, Nintendo was actually founded in 1889.

Why are we posting tweets by what look like 12 year old girls in the Trump Thread? Did I miss a tangent or something?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Why the gently caress are we posting about Zelda when Sessions loving chief of staff and Trump's deputy chief of staff is now significantly implicated in the Russia poo poo?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

empty whippet box posted:

If texas went blue it'd be pretty much impossible for republicans to win the presidency ever again, so :getin:

I'm doing my part.

Kale
May 14, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

Why the gently caress are we posting about Zelda when Sessions loving chief of staff and Trump's deputy chief of staff is now significantly implicated in the Russia poo poo?

FAKE NEWS! NEVER HAPPENED! OBAMA DID IT NOT ME! THANK YOU!

This McConnell/Trump feud has to be one of the most ongoing ridiculous things lately. I love how they keep trying to downplay it but then Trump just keeps absolutely making GBS threads on him in these political theater rallies.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

The Glumslinger posted:

Because its really just another thing to throw onto the pile of mounting evidence. Meanwhile the Zelda poo poo is unique and hilarious in its pathetic efforts of pandering to the youth vote.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
What was this tweet?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

The Glumslinger posted:

It's just assumed at this point that everyone in the administration is stained by the Russia thing.

The stain is piss

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

quote:

What these threat assessments are most indicative of is that fusion centers are not very good at their job, do not produce intelligence which is actionable or particularly useful, and are instead used to gain intelligence about activist groups, and other members of the public who are not a crime risk, violating their civil liberties for basically no reason at all.

https://www.muckrock.com/news/archives/2017/aug/09/dapl-threat-assessment-ii/

Moreover, the strategy ETP employed really undermined themselves and threatens the nation's water supplies. Peaceful protesters were trying their damnedest to make a difference by appealing to sense and reason, by prayer and by occupation. The War Camp to the North came in to beat 'em up and scatter them. This left a thousand-mile pipeline completely undefended after pissing off and radicalizing a /lot/ of people, all while a security culture presence kept beating people up and collecting information.

Now here we are, a year on from that first dog attack, and DAPL has leaked several times - probably from sabotage. A couple protesters have turned themselves in and said 'WE DID SABOTAGE.' DAPL has known the whole time that their pipe is /not/ built to spec, and that they /can't/ assume /anybody/ that there isn't more undiscovered damage. In truth, it's near certain. But DAPL's keeping all that on the DL as a PR strategy, while Trump keeps looking to find scapegoats to charge with high treason and terror (which is just /absurd/).

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Elysiume posted:

What was this tweet?

It's the year 1986

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Just realized - if Steele told them his sources...doesn't that mean he told them who the source of the piss tape is???? ?? ?? ?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The Glumslinger posted:

The investigation is going forward. That's about it. Mueller's doing his job and this poo poo takes time. He's building the best case he can by moving at appropriate legal pace: slow as gently caress.

The little nibbles we get are just the crumbs of the pie crust left on the counter from making the pie. The pie itself needs to bake still.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Ague Proof posted:

It's the year 1986

A dumb rear end in a top hat goes into your house breaks your poo poo and steals your money?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Ague Proof posted:

It's the year 1986

Of course they would use a screen cap from Skyward Sword, the game with a robo girl that calls you master.

I like Fi actually.

edit: Also did anyone get a screen cap of the gop.gov page?

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 24, 2017

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2017/08/23/how-many-people-downtown-phoenix-donald-trump-rally-protests/594732001/

quote:

Phoenix police spokesman Sgt. Jonathan Howard said the number of demonstrators likely was more than 5,000.

"I think there were more outside, but we have no official number to offer," he said in an email Wednesday afternoon. 

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

"Why would goons want to talk about video games?" he asks, unaware of the forum he's posting on.

The real answer is as stated above, it's fun to make fun of the fun stuff while the world burns around us.

• Locked thread