Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Where was this 20 years ago when I was going through all endings of Chrono Trigger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Fly with me posted:

Where was this 20 years ago when I was going through all endings of Chrono Trigger?

Come on man, beer helmets existed back then.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

is it just for cans?

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Come on man, beer helmets existed back then.

I grew up Mormon.
That wasn't flying in my house.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The whole Mormon caffeine thing is just :wtf:

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Norns posted:

From what I hear, they relaxed it.
I wouldn't know, I stopped going once I hit 18.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Anyone else gonna Pokken it up tonight?!

Thanks for reminder

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fly with me posted:

Cutting a snes controller sized hole in a can tends to gently caress it up for drinking

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Norns posted:

yeah i've never heard of it. must have been an old thing

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

spit on my clit posted:

lola pop...what the hell

are you not down with the clown

Macaluso posted:

Procedural generation is a black plague on video games

Proc gen is what gives Xcom so much replay value. Even if the dumb Rabbids game is actually good it won't have nearly as much depth as Xcom just because its always gonna play out the same way, more or less.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

spit on my clit posted:

yeah i've never heard of it. must have been an old thing

Definitely a thing here Idaho in my highschool days. No loving clue if it's still a thing. Everyone who was momo I still know gave it up ages ago.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Internet Kraken posted:

look, im all for a new Blind weapon for my Blorb strats, but im not digging the inflation.

Norns posted:

Definitely a thing here Idaho in my highschool days. No loving clue if it's still a thing. Everyone who was momo I still know gave it up ages ago.

afaik it's never really been an issue. i guess some of the churches do, some don't

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Detective No. 27 posted:

Please link me to this.

Tryone Gooseneck Nintendo Switch Mount Holder/ iPad Stand/ Cellphone Stand/ Tablet Mount Holder, Bolt Clamp with Spring Grip for Apple or Android Devices, 30 Inches Overall Length(Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AUQ33LG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_W-INzbES8FEWH

Haven't tried it out yet. v tired

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

That reminds me of my friends who used to smoke hookah and they'd stick the pipe in the center notch of the game cube controller while they played.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Internet Kraken posted:

Proc gen is what gives Xcom so much replay value. Even if the dumb Rabbids game is actually good it won't have nearly as much depth as Xcom just because its always gonna play out the same way, more or less.

I guess it just depends on what you want from games I guess. I don't value replayability as much, so I'd rather have less hand crafted levels instead of infinite randomly generated ones.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Hey all real quick, should I play Phantom Trigger on normal or hard? It defaults to hard and I have heard this game is extremely tough. I like a challenge but I don't want to get stuck, especially if checkpoints are few and far between. So far it seems like a cool game but I just wish Hyper Light Drifter was on Switch. Anyway, thanks!

edit: I started on medium. This game seems kinda neat so far. I was crossing my fingers that Axiom Verge would be out, but oh well. At least that one is getting a physical release (Oct 17).

Wilkins Micawber fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 24, 2017

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Sometimes it's fun to start games on the highest difficulty just to see if you manage okay. You can always restart on the easier setting.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
You can adjust the difficulty mid-game. And I'm assuming there are no achievements and stuff, so this works out. I dig the retro-wave type of music in this game. Ok I'm going to shut up and play now.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I got my 8bitdo controller. It's super nice. Very lightweight and easy to sync up with the Switch. I got the NES30 Pro. I was very conflicted because I have more attatchment to the SNES controller than NES. I ultimately went with the NES30 Pro because I figure sticks might be useful in the future. I was planning on buying it at Fry's on my way home after work, but Amazon had it for a few bucks cheaper and it came with a free case that Fry's didn't offer and I got free same day delivery. It came in pretty late today, but I can't complain about free same day delivery.

I tried to like Slime-San. I thought it might be better with this controller, but eh, it's not working for me. I'm sure it's a good game, but the quick R/L succession platforming isn't doing it for me. I feel like I should have gone for GoNNER. I will also admit that going from Sonic to Slime-San was extra hard because I was pressing B for jump and that's hard to untrain. The game doesn't seem bad, just not for me.

However, Sonic put me in a Sega mood so I bought Wonder Boy. This game's cute, well animated, and fun. This will keep me busy this weekend while I wait for Yakuza.

Why isn't there a :sega: emote?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
actually you should get shovel knight and

neo

turf

masters

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I'm seeing this more and more. Finally catching up to demand?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKep2BybyAQ

The Samusmobile owns.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

actually you should get shovel knight and

neo

turf

masters

I have Shovel Knight. But playing it again with this controller would be a swell idea.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

RZA Encryption posted:

I'm seeing this more and more. Finally catching up to demand?

Before I got mine last week I stopped by eight stores and all were out of stock, so YMMV, I think.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I sent in my left Joycon in for repair and it got back to me QUICK.
A small test seems to show that it's all better.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The holidays are gonna be loving insane for the Switch

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

There's a demo up for Pokken. Check the "Coming Soon" section.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So...I love Sonic Mania.

Sonic Mania also managed to remind me of my favorite game on the Switch. Dr. Eggman really, really shouldn't try to challenge me to Puyo Puyo after all the playtime I've put into Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

This has cross-platform play, doesn't it?

What would people see on other consoles? Just a default car?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Best Buy is supposedly giving out ***a free collectible coin*** if you preorder Mario Odyssey between now and 9/23. They're also currently running a $10 gift card (500 points) promotion for preordering, so if you have GCU, it's $48 + $10 Best Buy Fun Bux + Mario coin to sit on your bookshelf of video game crap and collect dust and cat hair.

Also lol at my minor heart attack when I forgot about re-preordering earlier to take advantage of this, and just checked my email to see "your order has been canceled" from Best Buy. (I snagged a SNES Classic from them last night :smug:)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Theta Zero posted:

It does with Xbone and PC. Sony is lame and won't allow it. I think it just shows whatever name you have with a different generic icon next to it to show that you're on a different platform.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pokken demo is 15 plays only. 3 characters 2 assists unlocked.

Fuuuuuck

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

It does with Xbone and PC. Sony is lame and won't allow it. I think it just shows whatever name you have with a different generic icon next to it to show that you're on a different platform.

Thats not what they're asking

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
Phantom Trigger is pretty cool so far. I'm on the first level and on hard mode is is pretty challenging. But there's a lot of checkpoints and you can backtrack to hit old ones and kill respawned guys along the way. The combat is solid and there are combos that unlock as you play. I think I'm still on the first level, but every screen shot I've seen suggests that all the areas are pretty similar aesthetically. It's not a bad game by any stretch and I don't regret dropping the $15 clammos even though I don't know how much content is there. I have a feeling it is going to get exceedingly hard pretty soon. Welp, that's my take, have a great night!

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Real hurthling! posted:

Pokken demo is 15 plays only. 3 characters 2 assists unlocked.

Fuuuuuck

Apparently if you delete the demo and re-download, the play count resets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfOP8rYjFas

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
God why are they still doing that to demos?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

8-bit Miniboss posted:

God why are they still doing that to demos?
That's the entire point of a demo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bill Barber posted:

That's the entire point of a demo.

I vividly remember only getting to kill 15 imps in my doom shareware as a kid

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

No online for rabbids?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Theta Zero posted:

They should see that actual model iirc. The different vehicles have slightly different hotboxes and turning radii.

• Locked thread