Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

harperdc posted:

TK is in a similar position to Helio, if - IF - Chip hasn't offered him an IndyCar seat but has a sports car seat open and available. Now Chip doesn't have quite as much history as Penske, and TK doesn't have as much history with Chip as Helio and the Captain, but...chasing another year or two, max, versus transitioning to sports cars and guaranteeing the next 5-10 years of your career?

I would be trying to get Chip to run me an extra car for Indy while taking the Ford seat. But that's easy for me to say.

Define "history", because Chip beating the piss out of the DP field for a few years in Rolex/IMSA with Scott Pruett and a revolving door of co-drivers was pretty noteworthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tupacalypse
Jan 1, 2013

by Pragmatica
Grand Am was garbage.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

tupacalypse posted:

Grand Am was garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByupehB_wTk

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Fire Esteban Guiterrez.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

CBJSprague24 posted:

Define "history", because Chip beating the piss out of the DP field for a few years in Rolex/IMSA with Scott Pruett and a revolving door of co-drivers was pretty noteworthy.

"Hi to my championship trophies back home"

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Penske's been running multiple championships longer than Chip's team has been around.

This was the point Marshall Pruett made last week - would Helio sacrifice the relationship with Roger (and the chance to be a Penske guy driving sports cars, Aussie V8s, NASCAR, and possibly making connections with OEMs through any of those) to chase IndyCar glory for one year?

TK hasn't driven for Ganassi as long, and Ganassi doesn't quite have the multi-team history. But if Kanaan has the option, I think he should take it.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Chip should make a 3rd Cup team for TK

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Finally watched the race - good race.

I thought Harvey was going to be in an AA car at Sonoma?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

VikingSkull posted:

Chip should make a 3rd Cup team for TK

I had to check that, turns out I'd literally forgotten the #1 existed.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Dudley posted:

I had to check that, turns out I'd literally forgotten the #1 existed.

Jamie Mac is very forgettable, even for me and I saw him win an ARCA race at Pocono

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Wait I take it back, I was so drunk that day that I forgot Casey Atwood won

I do remember seeing Steve Park flip and Bill Elliot win the next day though

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/jimayello/status/900479629483532288

Gutierrez is done for the year. Hopes to come back next year, and considering his backing, we'll see him back.

(thanks Bentai)

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I hope not. Guiterrez is garbage. He needs to gently caress off to Brazilian stock cars.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Wirth1000 posted:

I hope not. Guiterrez is garbage. He needs to gently caress off to Brazilian stock cars.

ah the Brazilian stock car series, where drivers go to die

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

VikingSkull posted:

Hey, Rubens is doing quite well!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I miss Rubens in Indycar. I actually thought he didn't do badly at all all things considered.

AxeBreaker
Jan 1, 2005
Who fucking cares?

VikingSkull posted:

It's been about as lethal as Indycar in the past 10 years or so.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I discovered tonight that Ryan Hunter-Reay is probably half Canadian. Moves him ahead of Villeneuve for Canadian GOAT, IMO.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

AxeBreaker posted:

It's been about as lethal as Indycar in the past 10 years or so.

This post are me realise that Dan wheldon died nearly 6 years ago.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I miss Rubens in Indycar. I actually thought he didn't do badly at all all things considered.

And from the same year it's kinda a shame that no-one gave Jean Alesi a shot in a real car, he did everything that was possible with the Fan Force Lotus.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I was in a 46-way tie for winning last week's round in the Fantasy game overall. :getin:

Didn't we have somebody else do that this year as well?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Dudley posted:

And from the same year it's kinda a shame that no-one gave Jean Alesi a shot in a real car, he did everything that was possible with the Fan Force Lotus.

Including "run a lap past the black flag".

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

CBJSprague24 posted:

I was in a 46-way tie for winning last week's round in the Fantasy game overall. :getin:

Didn't we have somebody else do that this year as well?

My no chevy, no Penske, Graham every week isn't working out.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/schmidt-petersons-second-indycar-ride-in-high-demand-for-2018-944364/
"Sam Schmidt says he’s amazed at the number of drivers he’s spoken to about the #7 Schmidt Peterson Motorsports-Honda ride for next year, as he and partner Ric Peterson seeks a partner for James Hinchcliffe."

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/143460-gutierrez-working-toward-indycar-return
After standing in for the injured Sebastien Bourdais at Dale Coyne Racing from the Detroit double-header through last weekend's 500-miler in Pocono, the ex-Formula 1 pilot has turned his attention to finding the budget and team needed to resume activities in America next year.

http://sports.usatoday.com/2017/08/24/justin-wilson-anniversary-death-indycar-pocono-744849/
Stefan Wilson remembers brother on second anniversary of death.
:smith:

*edit*
Qualification is TONIGHT, at 7:30PM ET/4:30PM PT. This will not be live on NBCSN, but it looks like it will be streamed on their YouTube channel and on Race Control.

Bentai fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Aug 25, 2017

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Watching a bit of the replay of the live feed of final practice. I find this aspect of the helmet cam perspective quite pleasing.

Just the driver chilling in pit lane, looking at a tablet with his lap data. It's so boring, but it's so interesting.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Double-post because this is drat cool:

Look at Kimball's LED position indicator. Apparently Indycar is starting to show the car's MPH in real-time on it. At one point I also saw RHR's display ticking up from 76 to 81 (176-181 mph) going down the back stretch and into turn 3. Apparently it shows position for most of the time and switches to MPH for a bit every 5-6 laps or so.

Amazing.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

The latest Mayor On Air podcast has Mark Miles teasing a possible new August 2018 race in an "adjacent country that has racing and indycar history." Says the deal is a matter of weeks away.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Bentai posted:

The latest Mayor On Air podcast has Mark Miles teasing a possible new August 2018 race in an "adjacent country that has racing and indycar history." Says the deal is a matter of weeks away.

Bring back Montreal.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bentai posted:

Mexico Cityyyyyy

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

getting my tickets today for Gateway, going with a hockey buddy who's a big dirt-track guy (he's still pissed from last year when he went to watch a big late-model race at I-55 in Pevely and parked in what turned out to be a bad spot for spray, ending up with a broken rear windshield). much fun will be had.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Sato might return to Rahal. Which means it's likely a done deal.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Oh boy, time for things to get silly!

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

That's got to mean Andretti is done with Honda. No way Sato would leave otherwise.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Traffic for this race is INSANE. I knew it would be a decent crowd but I wasn't expecting this kind of turnout.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

WindyMan posted:

That's got to mean Andretti is done with Honda. No way Sato would leave otherwise.

Now the fun will be to see where Rossi lands.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So the rumors so far:

-Sato to Rahal
-TK to SPM
-Chilton and Kimball to Carlin

iospace fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 27, 2017

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Boy that's a near clean house for Ganassi, huh?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Good looking turnout in the stands.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
lmao TK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Trying to lead a middle-aged life. Well, it's either that or drop dead.

Well this is a hell of a race so far

• Locked thread