Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
only post the most skillful kills tia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcTT2bhup9M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Grimmz is very sorry and hopes to serve as a cautionary tale

https://twitter.com/MrGrimmmmz/status/900501786473013249

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
either your link is broken or :thejoke:

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
This is his response.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sq4qdt

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i just watched the reuploaded video and these streamers are babies

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

EDIT: Like surely there were quake maps with elevators, no?

Yes you don't need to listen to sa gamers hem and haw over this game's bad movement. There can be better.

MrBadidea
Apr 1, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

EDIT: Like surely there were quake maps with elevators, no?

It's not impossible to do, but the way all the player/control/movement/replication is structured by standard means you'd probably have to touch a bunch of internal poo poo- at least in the way I would try and make it happen. Now throw on a bunch of edge cases that complicates things further and it becomes a shitload of work for the end result.

Also now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure almost all of the official Q3A maps just used jump pads and the like rather than elevators. Maybe I'm forgetting something though.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Veritek83 posted:

Grimmz is very sorry and hopes to serve as a cautionary tale

https://twitter.com/MrGrimmmmz/status/900501786473013249

what was this?

Nevermind, holy loving lol.

Thats funny because it makes me going into chat and saying I was there to watch him just because I heard he cries every time he dies even loving better.

I can't find the meltdown in his stream though which makes me really sad even though he says where it is in the video it doesn't seem to be there.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Aug 24, 2017

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
The guy claims that wasn't him.

In more interesting news, Doc's friend vsnz seems like a good streamer

revolther
May 27, 2008
Stun grenade chat: I'm pretty sure the effect reverses your movement input as well.

Was blinded in the school once with stairs to my right and a door to my left, my only input was to strafe left then rotate right, I ended up on the stairs facing left.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Doorknob Slobber posted:

what was this?

Nevermind, holy loving lol.

Thats funny because it makes me going into chat and saying I was there to watch him just because I heard he cries every time he dies even loving better.

I can't find the meltdown in his stream though which makes me really sad even though he says where it is in the video it doesn't seem to be there.

he doesnt melt down but the donation shows up and he stops and kind of ignores the game hes on for a while to obviously do something else

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
I wish you guys were less obsessed with talking about streamer drama, but here we are once again

Lemon
May 22, 2003

It seems really strange for this style of game that you can't rest your gun on a windowsill or railing, unless I'm missing how to do it? It seems really trick to get up close to a window and shoot out of it.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Lemon posted:

It seems really strange for this style of game that you can't rest your gun on a windowsill or railing, unless I'm missing how to do it? It seems really trick to get up close to a window and shoot out of it.

Nope there's no way for a potato to shoot out of a window while crouching.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Lemon posted:

Not currently, but I think it's one of the many items under "to do."

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

MrBadidea posted:

It's not impossible to do, but the way all the player/control/movement/replication is structured by standard means you'd probably have to touch a bunch of internal poo poo- at least in the way I would try and make it happen. Now throw on a bunch of edge cases that complicates things further and it becomes a shitload of work for the end result.

Also now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure almost all of the official Q3A maps just used jump pads and the like rather than elevators. Maybe I'm forgetting something though.

Quakeworld's map editing tools had elevators, a million QWTF maps had them. It's not hard, don't be stupid.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
In a game with vehicles, elevators are easy. They're just vehicles that move slowly in a straight line between specific points.

I want them and I expect some hilarious glitches.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
what happens if you climb on top of a jeep and someone drives off?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

quote:

20-30 seconds isn't enough to deter these types of players from a slow game of PUBG and 2-3 minutes would demolish community interaction. My community was built on how well we could interact, thousands and thousands of viewers from a long day of work, bad break up or worse would come into my chat seeking for some content and a good chat. It's what i've been doing for 3 years and it made me feel like i had my own family on twitch.

Holy :lol: he acts like he's mother teresa out there. I seriously don't get the interaction angle, especially in a game like PUBG. Does he stop mid game to chat with people?

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

ChesterJT posted:

Holy :lol: he acts like he's mother teresa out there. I seriously don't get the interaction angle, especially in a game like PUBG. Does he stop mid game to chat with people?

I mean, look at the length of it, and then look at what percentage is apologizing and what's justifying and rationalizing his behavior. "People I hate?" Really dude? They're honking a loving horn at you.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I'd watch a streamer that stream snipes and honks

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
the more salty he gets the bigger the griefer group will grow

kripparian recently discovered that there was an entire guild full of people (50+ accounts) dedicated to stream sniping him for literally 10 hours a day everyday

it's a really funny side effect of streaming and im glad of it

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Zo posted:

the more salty he gets the bigger the griefer group will grow

kripparian recently discovered that there was an entire guild full of people (50+ accounts) dedicated to stream sniping him for literally 10 hours a day everyday

it's a really funny side effect of streaming and im glad of it

Funny thing is the stream snipers don't really bother the few streamers who just laugh it on, kill the honkers and move on. Grimmz gives exactly the response they want despite his statement of "ignoring them", because even when ignoring them the discomfort is showing on his face.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I got my first chicken dinner on sunday and it was good. I hadn't played again until today where my first game was second place and I had a 4th in there too. My adrenaline goes crazy whenever I end up in top 5 :(

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

WirelessPillow posted:

Funny thing is the stream snipers don't really bother the few streamers who just laugh it on, kill the honkers and move on. Grimmz gives exactly the response they want despite his statement of "ignoring them", because even when ignoring them the discomfort is showing on his face.

he's probably feeling the pressure of actually good players starting to stream full time

like for a while grimmz was arguably the best aggressive player who steamed so people put up with his literal mouthbreathing but why would anyone watch him now that shroud, an ultra chill canadian ex CS pro who's way way way better streams?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks to Evermore today I played a match where the airplane passed by the lobby island and I don't think I've ever seen as many people eager to drop on it in my life. The player count dropped by 30 almost instantaneously as they landed there, it was great.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Cool lobby island duo/squad play:
Take a boat to the island and steal the boat(s) people parked there as they loot. The swim will be too long to survive.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Wooper posted:

Cool lobby island duo/squad play:
Take a boat to the island and steal the boat(s) people parked there as they loot. The swim will be too long to survive.

you can do this even by yourself no matter how many boats they have by just beaching all their boats and then leaving

it's extreme "lol" as they say

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
drat, I just had a pretty good solo round where I got five kills and ended up 5/100. Felt really loving stupid in the end though because the blue killed me after I drove into it to run over a guy that was shooting at me. I died like .2 seconds right before getting back in the circle and my UAZ and body just rolled on in. Heartbreaking.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/RamshackleEnergeticSwordLitFam

A lot of players seem to be ethereal in FPP.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

DrNutt posted:

What the gently caress kind of mmr do you have that no one goes to pochinki? I'm guessing either super duper high or super duper low. Unless it's far off the path I usually see at least 8-9 chutes hit pochinki pretty much every solo game.

no idea, solo I'm ranked over 74,000 with 2.41 kdr since the last reset, so I'm probably garbage?

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

fletcher posted:

I wish you guys were less obsessed with talking about streamer drama, but here we are once again

Yes the posts from some idiot goon getting a win with a total of 1 kill or the 10 page RNG bitchfest are the things we need to get back to.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Dang, I moved my videos folder to another drive and now the save to gallery button for highlights after games doesn't work.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Good soup! posted:

no idea, solo I'm ranked over 74,000 with 2.41 kdr since the last reset, so I'm probably garbage?

MMR must be real weird because I am pretty sure I've been ranked higher than that with a much worse k/d.

e: still think it's weird that you have so many games where people don't go pochinki. I mean it's a goon fave but it always seems fairly popular in general.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Aug 24, 2017

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

succ posted:

Yes the posts from some idiot goon getting a win with a total of 1 kill or the 10 page RNG bitchfest are the things we need to get back to.

I would suggest talking about neither but this is sa and we're way far up our own rear end here

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

DrNutt posted:

MMR must be real weird because I am pretty sure I've been ranked higher than that with a much worse k/d.

e: still think it's weird that you have so many games where people don't go pochinki. I mean it's a goon fave but it always seems fairly popular in general.

Yooo forget what I said, the wires in my brain were crossed, I was thinking of Primorsk not pochinki, my bad haha

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Good soup! posted:

Yooo forget what I said, the wires in my brain were crossed, I was thinking of Primorsk not pochinki, my bad haha

Lol... That makes a lot more sense. I think I usually see like 3-4 drop primorsk, but there's often one or two that grab a vehicle and drive there.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

succ posted:

I'm pretty sure the thread is just a rotation of dumb streamer poo poo, awful 5 minute long single kill videos that no one should have to watch and are a literal waste of bandwidtch, crying about RNG not favoring them, and arguments about why the uzi and crossbow are the best weapons in the game. I'm really glad I made it.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

VulgarandStupid posted:

I'm pretty sure the thread is just a rotation of dumb streamer poo poo, awful 5 minute long single kill videos that no one should have to watch and are a literal waste of bandwidtch, crying about RNG not favoring them, and arguments about why the uzi and crossbow are the best weapons in the game. I'm really glad I made it.

lmao yeah, if you didn't make it, we wouldn't have a completely identical thread about pubg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

lol that Star Citizen background.

• Locked thread