Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

ogre battle 64 is a good game and also very leftist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lol it's gonna be such a good year for Samsung. First they make a killing off their S8 line, soon they'll be making a killing off their iPhone line

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Lastgirl posted:

where's his postive Go?

other than letting himself go :rip:

He actually is way healthier than when he was on madtv. He was drugging himself to death, I guess he eats now instead

Also why hasnt pissobiec gotten off the ground

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/900576057446858752

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

also here is a picture the maga chuds are waving around of an "antifa weapon stockpile" seized by portland police

lol at the studfinder, road flares, multitools, and safety scissors

thank god they didn't seize any of the rifles people were openly carrying around though

tag urself, i'm the paint scraper

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

https://twitter.com/ChargeTheMoundx/status/900462010718203907

Texas is in a unique spot to get convective cannons out of the gulf that just dump rain on a spot until evaporative cooling has done its job or the low pressure system dissipates

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lmao

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Lol it's gonna be such a good year for Samsung. First they make a killing off their S8 line, soon they'll be making a killing off their iPhone line

dont forget the killing they made when their note line burned down several orphanages

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

triple sulk posted:

bit late to this but i dunno, like if it's hot out on top of things and i get in the car and plug my phone in to the charger it gets insanely hot to the point that i'm shocked it doesn't shut down

i normally upgrade every 2 years but the 7 is honestly just kinda poo poo for the reasons of battery and heat and an outdated design and i want something else

essential does tick a lotta boxes like you said and i'm super tempted, just dunno. no oled is definitely the biggest con, to me. i'm expecting horribly lovely supply for the iphone 8 though and with there being a 7s it really probably is gonna start close to a grand

yeah the iphone 8 is going to be stupid expensive. the note 8 is priced around what samsung thinks the iphone 8 will be and it starts at $950

as someone who went from an moto x pure to the 6p (so lcd to amoled), i say the difference is minimal. yeah if you want an always-on screen it owns, but the mxp had an always-on screen anyway and you rarely notice the not perfect lcd blacks. if the punchy colors is what you want then i think lcds can imitate that but imo i hated it before i changed it to something accurate

look forward to waiting months for your iphone 8 to arrive unless you're That Person who waits at like 3am for the preorders to open

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

sloppo posted:

tag urself, i'm the paint scraper

I'm one of the dozen wine openers

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

more like nice crew

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Texas is in a unique spot to get convective cannons out of the gulf that just dump rain on a spot until evaporative cooling has done its job or the low pressure system dissipates

better buy a kayak folks

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I'm sure their 100% Republican state government has prepared for this and things will be fine

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Zas posted:

I keep hoping square enix is gonna reboot the series

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

triple sulk posted:

oddly enough i always liked sony's xperia aesthetic

but that essential design, ungh

it owns

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

sloppo posted:

man, Gimp is fidgety as hell with fonts

:eyepop:

oh poo poo is that Agrias about to cast Stasis Sword?

gimp is terrible with fonts, its a struggle sesh for sure

owns :D

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

this is making me think, does trump make it 4 years w/o getting his account suspended? seems like something that will happen in like year 2.5 but we'll all be hypernormalized and find it dull by then

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Epic High Five posted:

I'm sure their 100% Republican state government has prepared for this and things will be fine

trump

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

sloppo posted:

man, Gimp is fidgety as hell with fonts

hahahah fukken gr8 m8

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

punchymcpunch posted:

dont forget the killing they made when their note line burned down several orphanages

There are still people who refuse to give theirs up and put heat sinks on them or fans on the case when it is charging lol

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

triple sulk posted:

bit late to this but i dunno, like if it's hot out on top of things and i get in the car and plug my phone in to the charger it gets insanely hot to the point that i'm shocked it doesn't shut down

i normally upgrade every 2 years but the 7 is honestly just kinda poo poo for the reasons of battery and heat and an outdated design and i want something else

essential does tick a lotta boxes like you said and i'm super tempted, just dunno. no oled is definitely the biggest con, to me. i'm expecting horribly lovely supply for the iphone 8 though and with there being a 7s it really probably is gonna start close to a grand

dehumanize yourself and get an android

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
wake me when the new wolfenstein and far cry come out

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Epic High Five posted:

it's okay, FEMA is going to ahhahahahahaha

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Epic High Five posted:

There are still people who refuse to give theirs up and put heat sinks on them or fans on the case when it is charging lol

there is a subreddit for this and they were panicking over how to prevent the OTA update that would permabrick their phones

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Zas posted:

fft is left as hell too, the popular strategy rpgs lean that way a lot of the time seems like

the creeping realization that you're totally on the wrong side for a decent chunk of the game in fft is great

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Zas posted:

this is making me think, does trump make it 4 years w/o getting his account suspended? seems like something that will happen in like year 2.5 but we'll all be hypernormalized and find it dull by then

The first sign that Mueller is closing in is when his account bets suspended

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/900412444941717504

:yeah:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
give me an oled phablet imo, s7 too small imo

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

logikv9 posted:

yeah the iphone 8 is going to be stupid expensive. the note 8 is priced around what samsung thinks the iphone 8 will be and it starts at $950

as someone who went from an moto x pure to the 6p (so lcd to amoled), i say the difference is minimal. yeah if you want an always-on screen it owns, but the mxp had an always-on screen anyway and you rarely notice the not perfect lcd blacks. if the punchy colors is what you want then i think lcds can imitate that but imo i hated it before i changed it to something accurate

look forward to waiting months for your iphone 8 to arrive unless you're That Person who waits at like 3am for the preorders to open

lol holy poo poo it's 950? yeah rip iphone 8

i have an s8 for work purposes and the always on is really cool and good but really the oled is mostly needed for the vr stuff from what i can tell. blacker blacks would be nice for essential's cutout but i could probably live with that. pixel 2 in that xl form seems ok too, i just dunno what to do. and yeah i do wake up at 3am for the preorders then fall back asleep unless they gently caress up and it takes til 5 am like it did once with the 6 iirc

apparently john legere through a hissy baby teasing verzion thing on twitter again. i loving hate him so much and it makes me not wanna ever join tmo

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Admiral Ray posted:

better buy a kayak folks

lol what am i some kind of liberal weenie lol a kayak more like a cuckyak lmbo

*drowns*

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
junt

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Homeless Friend posted:

give me an oled phablet imo, s7 too small imo

note 8 preorders tomorrow

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ppl on r/android still unironically care about removable batteries in 2017

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

logikv9 posted:

i still use my moto x idk why anyoe upgrades their phones

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

im tryin to imagine an antifa with a claw hammer just tryin to mimic that infamous hammer scene straight out of Oldboy on a bunch of nazis

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

triple sulk posted:

ppl on r/android still unironically care about removable batteries in 2017

sd card or death imo

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

my dad grew up on the texas gulf coast and my grandfather was almost killed in that giant chemical tanker explosion in texas city, so like muad'dib, i have ancestral drug memories except it's of massive gently caress-off storms from the gulf of mexico and fertilizer ships going kablooey. terrible visions!

this is basically goign to be allison 2.0 wherever it lands and that owned

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
ur like using net snapchat and texts and calls. what advanced poo poo do u need ur phone to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

triple sulk posted:

lol holy poo poo it's 950? yeah rip iphone 8

i have an s8 for work purposes and the always on is really cool and good but really the oled is mostly needed for the vr stuff from what i can tell. blacker blacks would be nice for essential's cutout but i could probably live with that. pixel 2 in that xl form seems ok too, i just dunno what to do. and yeah i do wake up at 3am for the preorders then fall back asleep unless they gently caress up and it takes til 5 am like it did once with the 6 iirc

apparently john legere through a hissy baby teasing verzion thing on twitter again. i loving hate him so much and it makes me not wanna ever join tmo

yeah essential is not VR compatable because of the lack of oled

personally i'm waiting for essential full reviews to come out, but even then i'm still really really tempted to wait on the pixel xl 2. but the newest leaks say beginning of october, which is so far away and i'm not convinced that my phone won't start bootlooping in the meantime

• Locked thread