Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
wghhy are we reliving history

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Two loving years of this bullshit.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
certainly has been an interesting 420 hours

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

time dilation is real, and strong, and honestly not my friend

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

One hundred sex pages

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Parity warning posted:

imagine having to be trumps teammate in any 2v2 Mario party game. gently caress that

his wealthy uncalloused hands would be a disaster at stick rotation

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
It is extremely sad that the 2016 election will only live on in memory & nostalgia. There's just no way it could ever be topped.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
people are either going to sleep through the opioid crisis and a few unmitigated disasters and then decide Trump is presidential for cleaning up one of them with the bare minimum and we get another 4 more years because the wall JUST started construction in 2019

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Homeless Friend posted:

It is extremely sad that elections like 2016 will only live on in memory & nostalgia. There's just no way it could ever be topped.

they said, seriously tempting fate

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

We're honestly doing better after seven months of Trump than I'd have guessed. Like if you extrapolate the damage so far over four years we might even survive.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

It is extremely sad that the 2016 election will only live on in memory & nostalgia. There's just no way it could ever be topped.

they say this every time. trump's gonna get primaried and its gonna own

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al! posted:

That's true, but Trump is almost singular. Like their might be similar runs of people /w 100% recognition but will they be as insane a ride as Trump? It'll be hard.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Dolash posted:

We're honestly doing better after seven months of Trump than I'd have guessed. Like if you extrapolate the damage so far over four years we might even survive.

Al! posted:

seriously.

they've learned nothing :chaostrump:

i'll see how this ride goes after Houston is submerged and potential nationwide riots kick off with a nice Rahowa powwow

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

:drat: i forgot how deep this rolled

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
If I don't :vince: in pure delirium as 10 scandals & a pussygate equivalent drop in the span of a week, it's just not the same!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dolash posted:

You'd think that if you assumed the damage was only what we saw on the news

Remember that Trump's cabinet is actively dismantling government and very little of it is being reported on. DeVos and Pruitt alone is going to inflict very serious and lasting damage, and Tillerson is crippling America's ability to wage diplomacy for the foreseeable future.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

there are some really good photoshops in my gbs trump thread

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Tell me you can't already see a situation where Trump gets to skate by on four years without a major external crisis he can't paper over, never gets nailed for any wrongdoing, then retires and claims victory rather than run again while his successor takes the blame for every handgrenade going off at once.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Jose posted:

i like this one

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

FAUXTON posted:

One hundred sex pages

Salt Fish posted:

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

SKULL.GIF posted:

Remember that Trump's cabinet is actively dismantling government and very little of it is being reported on. DeVos and Pruitt alone is going to inflict very serious and lasting damage, and Tillerson is crippling America's ability to wage diplomacy for the foreseeable future.

yeah this

every federal agency is understaffed

the amount of TERRIBLE, CORRUPT MOVES that are just odds and ends is climbing pretty much every day

dude is just revoking random regulations left and right

if you managed to get in the same room with him and asked to have a regulation revoked, that poo poo would be gone before you finished the sentence

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SKULL.GIF posted:

don't forget repeated attempts at lifting russian sanctions and contracting out forever wars in Afghanistan to keep that heroin trade jumpin for the military industrial complex~

Dolash posted:

Tell me you can't already see a situation where Trump gets to skate by on four years without a major external crisis he can't paper over, never gets nailed for any wrongdoing, then retires and claims victory rather than run again while his successor takes the blame for every handgrenade going off at once.

Likely, but you never know what tomorrow brings. They sure as hell didn't foresee Charlottesville, and bungled it hard. First of many. So I drink and welcome whatever happens next, in this series of serendipitous cosmic unfolding~

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i think he'll win his primary, but it'll be him vs some neocon or paleocon weirdo and that's when he's at his best anyway

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Salt Fish posted:

I think back to what kind of person I was like in Spring 2015 and I honestly can't recognize myself, like at all

The last time I had that feeling was when I was a teenager

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

SKULL.GIF posted:

My prediction was unilateral nuclear strikes on people who were mean to him on Twitter no later than three months in, arresting judges who try to block his orders, and a full (if accidental) Reichstag fire before the end of the year. Collapse of international trade, default, hyperinflation, refugees streaming north to Canada, breakaway states, global chaos.

By comparison you could almost believe the Trump presidency will end with continuity of government to another dull, baseline-competent administration who spend their whole term on cleanup duty Bush->Obama style.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Lastgirl posted:

i suddenly recall the 4th amendment when i want to gun it in a crowdful of people on the street with my car

i shout and invoke it as a warning

i pleed da forf

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Squizzle posted:

the character emma peel got her name because she was added to the show to increase its appeal to male viewers, its m appeal

i think she was named after emma frost

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
its the 100 pages of nice

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

corpus christi is literally going to have multiple days of that if the current model runs of Harvey play out.

somewhere in there is going to get 6.9 inches of rain

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dolash posted:

My prediction was unilateral nuclear strikes on people who were mean to him on Twitter no later than three months in, arresting judges who try to block his orders, and a full (if accidental) Reichstag fire before the end of the year. Collapse of international trade, default, hyperinflation, refugees streaming north to Canada, breakaway states, global chaos.

If Trump had actual complete authority I think that would have had happened

But his staff seem to be keeping the crazy under wraps as much as they can (probably why he's more and more miserable as time goes on)

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
i honestly don't think he'll run in 2020

he'll tease it out as much as he can, because that's the part he enjoys

but nothing would be more Trump-like than walking away after 1 term

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

jesus christ I almost forgot about Ajit Pai and now I'm angry and not tired anymore

I need to be awake in six hours to get ready to leave for the wedding this weekend

Ajit Pai and the telecoms are going to destroy the Internet for a few quick bucks

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Going through the trump years will be like going through an external puberty. All the embarrassment and shame and none of the cool hair growth.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

sloppo posted:

:drat: i forgot how deep this rolled

it ain't worth giving up

preserve yr organs with precious liquor and keep keepin on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75QC59i-dIY

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i call that mouth thing "michaelmckeaning"

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Jose posted:

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

SKULL.GIF posted:

jesus christ I almost forgot about Ajit Pai and now I'm angry and not tired anymore

I need to be awake in six hours to get ready to leave for the wedding this weekend

Ajit Pai and the telecoms are going to destroy the Internet for a few quick bucks

i say again

if anyone wants to go throw rocks at the comcast building(s), hit me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

punchymcpunch posted:

i call that mouth thing "michaelmckeaning"

http://i.imgur.com/YaKeFp5.gifv

• Locked thread