Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I have a problem with my knee or hip locking up if I sit in the same position for too long but sticking a leg out seems to make it worse (I suspect because of the drag pulling my leg out unnaturally) so I just stand on the pegs for a while, which I realise does make me look like I'm presenting like a baboon to following traffic.

When my legs get sore, if I'm not going too fast, I haul myself up and sit on the gas tank for a while with my legs dangling like M42's. The benefits of having a narrow, flat-tanked bike.

I also like to do this when I pass pedal bikes because I can imitate a pedaling motion then rip the throttle open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Carth Dookie posted:

Yeah that's what I suspected but that's just :stare:

Yup. Looks dramatic and frightening as gently caress to a car driver but does basically nothing to affect the bike unless you actually care what your center stand looks like.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

MomJeans420 posted:

Just went to Newport, Rhode Island for the first time and I'd say 95% of the riders don't wear helmets, maybe 50% of the passengers do though. Strangely, the only people consistently wearing helmets and full gear were the young hooligans on dual sports. I also saw at least 5 guys on scooters or harleys riding with one foot out dragging on the ground at ~10 to 15mph for long periods of time, and still don't know how they haven't worn through their shoes or more likely sandals.

Maybe everyone dies from no helmet before they learn slow speed control? I wonder if it's possible to find injuries/deaths there per 1k miles ridden compared to other states.
They must have changed the law down there if only about 50% of passengers were wearing helmets. Last I knew it was ok for the driver to go no helmet but that passengers must wear helmets. The last time I knew anybody that rode around the RI area was probably 10 years ago or so, so it is entirely possible that they changed it.

Jazzzzz posted:

As you drive south into Providence, RI from Massachusetts on any given weekend, you will see hordes of cruiser and "custom chopper" riders heading northbound on 95 pull over onto the shoulder to pull a skid lid out of their saddle bags and put it on before they cross the state line (MA has a helmet law).
Don't forget all the MA riders that immediately pull over when crossing into RI or NH to remove their helmet. It's just so uncomfortable man! Live free or die!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

bigbillystyle posted:

Don't forget all the MA riders that immediately pull over when crossing into RI or NH to remove their helmet. It's just so uncomfortable man! Live free or die!

It's cool, they'll pull over and put it back on when they're planning to crash

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

bigbillystyle posted:

Yeah when I lived in MA and first got my license everyone earned me about driving in RI because unlike MA they had no mandatory insurance for drivers :stare:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

bigbillystyle posted:

Live free and die!

Ftfy

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

unlike MA they had no mandatory insurance for drivers :stare:

That sounds absolutely insane. It's pretty much mandatory you have uninsured motorist coverage then, and I'm guessing it costs more than other states?

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

Probably more accurate, but Live Free or Die is actually the New Hampshire state motto. You can get away with anything up there.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

MomJeans420 posted:

That sounds absolutely insane. It's pretty much mandatory you have uninsured motorist coverage then, and I'm guessing it costs more than other states?

Not sure if it still is, but Virginia was the same way. You could pay the DMV a fee and drive without any insurance.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

rdb posted:

Not sure if it still is, but Virginia was the same way. You could pay the DMV a fee and drive without any insurance.

And unless they do something in the background, they take your word at checking a box that says "yes, I have insurance"

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I got hit with that in VA. I didn't carry insurance while my plate was active (because I wasn't riding the bike which is a really dumb reason but whatever) for a month, so they charged me $500 for the year.

You can also deactivate plates in VA and reactivate them anytime for $10, so there's really no excuse. It sucks when you forget about it, but something something personal responsibility.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
My buddy finally got his FZ09 back from warranty service for the exploded clutch disks and clutch basket. Their verdict was that the clutch disks were assembled in the wrong order, in two areas. When he finally got it an hour back to his house and off the truck tonight, he found that the tail light no longer works, and it's leaking from the oil drain pan, even though they said they replaced the gasket. He bought this new a year ago.

It's too bad it's a Yamaha and not a KTM because then Slaavy could come in here and talk a bunch of useless poo poo about the brand.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
Yeah well I took my SMT out for a test drive last night to make sure it wouldn't start spewing oil. Got pulled over within ten minutes when a wire near the taillight worked loose and blew the fuse for the headlight, tail light, and plate light.

#ktmthings. Easy fix though, compared to what I've been through already this month. No ticket either.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Coydog posted:

My buddy finally got his FZ09 back from warranty service for the exploded clutch disks and clutch basket. Their verdict was that the clutch disks were assembled in the wrong order, in two areas. When he finally got it an hour back to his house and off the truck tonight, he found that the tail light no longer works, and it's leaking from the oil drain pan, even though they said they replaced the gasket. He bought this new a year ago.

It's too bad it's a Yamaha and not a KTM because then Slaavy could come in here and talk a bunch of useless poo poo about the brand.

The upside with the big 4 from Japan is they're usually very, very reliable, and there is a big dealer network if poo poo does go wrong. the downside is there are a lot of crappy service departments in that dealer network, and it sounds like your friend has found one, which sucks.

I'm glad Yamaha did step up and covered the clutch under the warranty but it's loving ridiculous that the bike made it out of the shop with an oil leak and the tail light not even working. Is there no other Yamaha shop within an hour of his home? It's not like he has to go back where he bought it to get service.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Coydog posted:

Dealers are usually useless regardless of their brand and that outcome isn't surprising, however you're a raging KTM apologist and comparing them to Honda's only real rival in the quality stakes is laughable.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
My point wasn't that KTM is as good as Yamaha, or that Yamaha is as flawed as KTM. Obviously Yamaha is awesome on many levels. It's that one random ridiculous issue doesn't drat an entire brand. Slavvy sees an issue that could happen on any bike, regardless of brand, and jumps all over it because it's KTM.

I'm not really a KTM apologist. My KTM has been great but it's not flawless by any stretch of the imagination. It's just that all bikes and all brands have glaring issues in design and weakness of parts. In brands other than KTM, people just shrug it off. But if it's "certain brand" then obviously they are all terrible.

And obviously you should never take your bike to a dealership if you want it back in one piece.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I don't really like KTMs because the KTM guy in my hometown, who also runs the only motorcycle scrapyard, was a colossal rear end in a top hat who told me it was "too hot" to go out in the back with me while I looked for parts (he wouldn't let anyone in the yard alone) and to "come back some other time and I'll see what I can do."

:byewhore:

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Sagebrush posted:

I don't really like KTMs because the KTM guy in my hometown, who also runs the only motorcycle scrapyard, was a colossal rear end in a top hat who told me it was "too hot" to go out in the back with me while I looked for parts (he wouldn't let anyone in the yard alone) and to "come back some other time and I'll see what I can do."

:byewhore:

im shocked it wasnt their white power suspension

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Coydog posted:

My point wasn't that KTM is as good as Yamaha, or that Yamaha is as flawed as KTM. Obviously Yamaha is awesome on many levels. It's that one random ridiculous issue doesn't drat an entire brand. Slavvy sees an issue that could happen on any bike, regardless of brand, and jumps all over it because it's KTM.

I'm not really a KTM apologist. My KTM has been great but it's not flawless by any stretch of the imagination. It's just that all bikes and all brands have glaring issues in design and weakness of parts. In brands other than KTM, people just shrug it off. But if it's "certain brand" then obviously they are all terrible.

And obviously you should never take your bike to a dealership if you want it back in one piece.

Has it occurred to you that you only remember me jumping all over KTM because you've got one, and I actually do it for lots of brands? It's mostly down to how big a wide-on this forum collectively has for them, so they come up a lot (you literally called me out without prompting when I had no intention of posting anything about it). Like, replace the word KTM with the word Ducati and read your posts back to yourself.

I also have to work on dozens of bikes every week and I find certain patterns keep popping up; I don't think what I think because of random anecdotes on the internet, I think it because I can count the number of KTM's I've seen without some bullshit retarded issue (big or small) on the fingers of one hand whereas stuff like that happening on a Japanese bike is ridiculously rare by comparison and almost always down to owner stupidity or crash damage.

'It could happen on any brand' but it happens on KTM's a hell of a lot more. And Ducatis. And Harleys. And Hyosungs. And betas. And MV's. And guzzis. And piaggios.

If we define 'reliable' as a vehicle that you can buy and have the (rather reasonable) expectation that nothing will go wrong as long you do the regular servicing, Japanese bikes are the only ones that even approach that standard.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I concede that you have a point there, what with my only noticing when you mention the bike that I own. I'm also well aware of, and respect you highly for, you talent and experience as a motorcycle mechanic.

It's true that Japanese bikes have vastly less trouble to deal with vs exotic brands like aprilia and KTM. I just hate seeing people say things like "The KTM is garbage and you just have to fix so much to get it right." then turn around and say "The DR650 is great and way better than the KTM and all you have to do is fix this huge list of things and also the starter motor sits in a puddle of water by suzuki design and the suspension is awful and it's awful to work on" (AdventureOZ). It's just the double standard. Sure, people can get really upset that the fuel pump CAN fail on the 690. But it fails way more commonly on the Yamaha WR series bikes and people can view that as a problem with the part, and not with the entire model.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I think japanese bikes fail in predictable, relatively regular ways. The fuel pump problem you mention - it's a lot easier to swallow something like that when you know all of them get it, it's an isolated thing and it seems obvious that the design or production of that particular part is just plain faulty, and often the manufacturer cottons on to this and makes an updated part. Internet favourite Honda RR's are a similar thing. Same with every bolt and decal on a suzuki looking like it's lived under the sea six months from new.

European bikes tend to fail in unpredictable bullshit ways that don't form any coherent pattern, if 690's (or monsters, or brutales, or RSV's or whatever) had just one issue that would be sweet but they have a variety of hosed up issues and you never know what you're going to get. Multiply that by every model in the range and you have an unreliable brand.

I have a KTM. It is an extremely fun, loveable piece of poo poo but if I had to ride across a third world country or survive an apocalypse I'd have a honda or something.

Conversely if I wanted to do supermoto funtimes I wouldn't go through the agony of making a DR650 or air cooled XR fast and good-handling when I could just buy a KTM and swallow the pain when it inevitably conks out.

They have great suspension, brakes, engine etc straight out of the box but the trade off is a general miasma of hair-trigger terribleness that most people simply can't live under. Like many other brands. Which is ultimately a good thing, because it allows for character and flair and adventurous engineering to be expressed in production models, which is something cars lost a long time ago because of the relentless fixation on safety/economy/reliability. It's great that people can knowingly buy something that is an objectively faulty vehicle because it moves their soul and the trade-off is worth it, that's what bikes are about and a few decades ago even japanese bikes were like this.

On the flip-side, it's also good that bikes are generally judged by people's second-hand experiences a lot more than cars are so there's no opportunity for a two-wheeled volkswagen approach wherein the vehicles are basically wrecked after the warranty period is over (except maybe guzzi?). It encourages the less-reliable brands to attempt to improve their poo poo instead of just making ever-more-feature-packed editions of the same useless poo poo (except harley but they're Special). Ducati are currently climbing the long hill out of that swamp and triumph are nearly there. KTM are still relatively new to the roadbike game so they're still building up the decades of institutional knowledge, but they'll get there eventually.

Slavvy fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 20, 2017

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
https://www.willhaben.at/iad/gebrauchtwagen/motorrad/honda-xr-600r-super-moto-212644319/

This is rad. Bite me.

https://www.willhaben.at/iad/gebrauchtwagen/motorrad/husqvarna-wr-sm-610-213741379/

Also rad.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Slavvy posted:

(except maybe guzzi?)

In my very limited experience with guzzis, they can be prone to electrical issues but the motors are pretty reliable once you've taken care of a known problem or two (like switching to roller tappets, which the new bikes come with). They're easy to work on and don't do too much weird poo poo - there's a reason they're collected by old bearded dudes who wear suspenders. I'd likely be more inclined to buy a used, well-sorted guzzi than a brand new one just because dealing with a warranty issue is likely to involve a long drive to the dealer unless you happen to have one local to you, which is highly unlikely.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Coydog posted:

I concede that you have a point there, what with my only noticing when you mention the bike that I own. I'm also well aware of, and respect you highly for, you talent and experience as a motorcycle mechanic.

It's true that Japanese bikes have vastly less trouble to deal with vs exotic brands like aprilia and KTM. I just hate seeing people say things like "The KTM is garbage and you just have to fix so much to get it right." then turn around and say "The DR650 is great and way better than the KTM and all you have to do is fix this huge list of things and also the starter motor sits in a puddle of water by suzuki design and the suspension is awful and it's awful to work on" (AdventureOZ). It's just the double standard. Sure, people can get really upset that the fuel pump CAN fail on the 690. But it fails way more commonly on the Yamaha WR series bikes and people can view that as a problem with the part, and not with the entire model.

Slaavy shits on Suzuki a lot too, like all the time, and I just kind of chuckle, because Suzuki insists on being the European Japanese brand, and has a ton of weird issues that my Yamahas simply have not had, because they're flawlessly reliable in every single way. Despite this, I love my SV650 more than any bike ever, and that's all OK, and my decision. KTM will live on, whether or not you are here to defend them for the same reasons I'll eventually have to superglue my stator magnets back In their housing.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
Fwiw, if anything disastrous happened to my SMT, the first thing I would shop for to replace it would be another SMT. Even after all the poo poo I've been through with it over the past ~month.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That SM610 is loving wonderful.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Slavvy posted:

I think japanese bikes fail in predictable, relatively regular ways. The fuel pump problem you mention - it's a lot easier to swallow something like that when you know all of them get it, it's an isolated thing and it seems obvious that the design or production of that particular part is just plain faulty, and often the manufacturer cottons on to this and makes an updated part. Internet favourite Honda RR's are a similar thing. Same with every bolt and decal on a suzuki looking like it's lived under the sea six months from new.

European bikes tend to fail in unpredictable bullshit ways that don't form any coherent pattern, if 690's (or monsters, or brutales, or RSV's or whatever) had just one issue that would be sweet but they have a variety of hosed up issues and you never know what you're going to get. Multiply that by every model in the range and you have an unreliable brand.

I have a KTM. It is an extremely fun, loveable piece of poo poo but if I had to ride across a third world country or survive an apocalypse I'd have a honda or something.

Conversely if I wanted to do supermoto funtimes I wouldn't go through the agony of making a DR650 or air cooled XR fast and good-handling when I could just buy a KTM and swallow the pain when it inevitably conks out.

They have great suspension, brakes, engine etc straight out of the box but the trade off is a general miasma of hair-trigger terribleness that most people simply can't live under. Like many other brands. Which is ultimately a good thing, because it allows for character and flair and adventurous engineering to be expressed in production models, which is something cars lost a long time ago because of the relentless fixation on safety/economy/reliability. It's great that people can knowingly buy something that is an objectively faulty vehicle because it moves their soul and the trade-off is worth it, that's what bikes are about and a few decades ago even japanese bikes were like this.

On the flip-side, it's also good that bikes are generally judged by people's second-hand experiences a lot more than cars are so there's no opportunity for a two-wheeled volkswagen approach wherein the vehicles are basically wrecked after the warranty period is over (except maybe guzzi?). It encourages the less-reliable brands to attempt to improve their poo poo instead of just making ever-more-feature-packed editions of the same useless poo poo (except harley but they're Special). Ducati are currently climbing the long hill out of that swamp and triumph are nearly there. KTM are still relatively new to the roadbike game so they're still building up the decades of institutional knowledge, but they'll get there eventually.

This is very well written and I agree with it in it's entirety.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I got some schmutz on my lens

https://gfycat.com/RaggedConsiderateCormorant

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
To follow up my KTM love with the opposite, plus hate for ADVrider:

Every time I bring up "hey how do I reinforce a tail rack so it can take a givi or something and more than 10lbs of weight", the only response I get is "nobody wants that". You'd think ADVrider would be full of spergy engineers who want to find a way around a problem, but instead they prefer to sperg about side racks and stuff.

Outside of mindbending performance, and wheelies everywhere, my KTM 690 is only good as a very expensive toy that I never ride. In one month, my DR650 has proven itself to be more capable than the 690 at almost every task I originally bought the 690 for. It's better on the highway and more comfortable for long trips, it can take a top case for commuting, it can be comfortably loaded down with camping gear, and it's plenty capable for light off road.

And all of the farkles cost a fraction of the price.

I don't want to get rid of the 690, I just want it to be useful.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Coydog posted:

Every time I bring up "hey how do I reinforce a tail rack so it can take a givi or something and more than 10lbs of weight", the only response I get is "nobody wants that". You'd think ADVrider would be full of spergy engineers who want to find a way around a problem, but instead they prefer to sperg about side racks and stuff.

It's a KTM. If it was a DR, KLR, or XR, there would be dudes tripping over themselves to post their solutions. The BMW and KTM crowd on there don't seem to entertain any ideas that aren't purchasable from the dealership or official aftermarket supplier.

Like you wouldn't ask a Harley-Davidson forum what kind of material to use for fabricating exhaust for your new fatglide. "You mean like...NOT Screaming Eagle?"

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

It's a KTM. If it was a DR, KLR, or XR, there would be dudes tripping over themselves to post their solutions. The BMW and KTM crowd on there don't seem to entertain any ideas that aren't purchasable from the dealership or official aftermarket supplier.

Like you wouldn't ask a Harley-Davidson forum what kind of material to use for fabricating exhaust for your new fatglide. "You mean like...NOT Screaming Eagle?"

Idk I feel like the burgeoning DIY chopper crowd would chime in to help with that after they wake from their schlitz and pall mall stupor

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Coydog posted:

To follow up my KTM love with the opposite, plus hate for ADVrider:

Outside of mindbending performance, and wheelies everywhere, my KTM 690 is only good as a very expensive toy that I never ride. In one month, my DR650 has proven itself to be more capable than the 690 at almost every task I originally bought the 690 for. It's better on the highway and more comfortable for long trips, it can take a top case for commuting, it can be comfortably loaded down with camping gear, and it's plenty capable for light off road.

And all of the farkles cost a fraction of the price.

I don't want to get rid of the 690, I just want it to be useful.

Why not buy soft side bags (I have the day tripper and they'll fit a six pack each, albeit barely so I assume anything bigger would work for you) or something like the kriega US-30 which doesn't tie into the tank bolts? Just looking at your bike, I think you'll need to either chance it or have some legs that run diagonally down to the frame that support the rear rack if you don't want to put weight on the tank bolts.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
So the council put down chipseal on two sections of my commute. Usually this would be enraging, but I'm mostly just stunned, because for once they actually put seal down on top of the gravel :psyduck:

This never happens in the UK. 100% of the times I've seen chipseal done before they always half-arse it by putting down tar, spreading that lovely blue gravel on top, leaving it to get pressed in or washed away by traffic and calling it a day.

Where I was expecting weeks of skid risk, after barely 5 days I've got fresh new tarmac. :toot:

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Maybe Slaavy is right, because all of these peeps immediately started flaming me for suggesting that this was a problem and that a solution could be made. The topic shifted immediately to "There is nothing to fix about the 690, you just bought the wrong bike" :lol:

builds character posted:

Why not buy soft side bags (I have the day tripper and they'll fit a six pack each, albeit barely so I assume anything bigger would work for you) or something like the kriega US-30 which doesn't tie into the tank bolts? Just looking at your bike, I think you'll need to either chance it or have some legs that run diagonally down to the frame that support the rear rack if you don't want to put weight on the tank bolts.

Nah, I just don't want to use side cases. My ktm looks really good, and I want a minimal solution like a rear case. I don't want some dorky stuff on the side that will cover up half the bike and hold 10x what I need it to.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Coydog posted:

Nah, I just don't want to use side cases. My ktm looks really good, and I want a minimal solution like a rear case. I don't want some dorky stuff on the side that will cover up half the bike and hold 10x what I need it to.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
Go to Goodwill. Get a $5 duffel bag. Grab bungee cords or a cargo net if yer feelin' fancy. Strap that poo poo to your rear fender. gently caress a factory or gear based solution.

My duffel has Tony the Tiger on it. It's... all right. It's all right.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I mean, I've been strapping a messenger bag or a dry bag with roc straps to my grab handles for a year. It works, but I want a box instead.

This is the look and utility I'm going for Razzled. I'd get a Dorsuduro, but I like to go riding at exactly freezing so

Maybe I should just buy a US30 put the clip mounts for the kriega us30 on the grab handles and just use that like a savage.

Coydog fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 30, 2017

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Coydog posted:

I mean, I've been strapping a messenger bag or a dry bag with roc straps to my grab handles for a year. It works, but I want a box instead.

This is the look and utility I'm going for Razzled. I'd get a Dorsuduro, but I like to go riding at exactly freezing so

Maybe I should just buy a US30 put the clip mounts for the kriega us30 on the grab handles and just use that like a savage.

You can drill the fender for mounting points for the kriega.

Coydog posted:

Maybe Slaavy is right, because all of these peeps immediately started flaming me for suggesting that this was a problem and that a solution could be made. The topic shifted immediately to "There is nothing to fix about the 690, you just bought the wrong bike" :lol:

Then unless someone super clever comes along you'll either need to take the risk or add some struts down to the subframe/frame. I guess you could add struts straight down to the wheel nuts too, but I would avoid that for reasons of despite it being hilarious to have a rear rack that pogo'd with the swingarm, I think there are also some inherent downsides.

E: we'll see who's stuff is dorky when I have snacks and tools and you don't! :bahgawd:

E2: mostly snacks. :sigh:

builds character fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 30, 2017

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
BMW says to not load the factory S1000XR luggage rack with more than 11 pounds too. Handled a Cayenne battery just fine though.

Just get a universal mounting plate and throw a topbox on there - you use the grab handles to drag the bike out of the dirt in offroad trim, putting a topbox on it isn't going to be a huge deal. The reason you're not seeing anyone offer a solution is because all you need is a normal tail mount and a universal givi plate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Wait seriously?! So it's just a liability thing? I thought the "oscilations" or whatever caused the stress that broke the bolts?

If that's the case I'll get a cheap perun rack and a top box and use it for groceries or whatever.