Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Zas posted:

i thought he would be as bad as W.'s 2 terms, but in 1 term, which is pretty bad! might actually come true still

In the midst of the dumpster fire we've been living in it's important to remember that basically every other bad thing you hear about not trump is some result or byproduct of the Iraq war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

freckle posted:

the blah's make me doubt your excitement. :colbert:

johnny cant read blah blah blah
i cant see blah blah blah
tuna on white

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

fatherboxx posted:

yeah I expected he would make moves to terminate or acquire big media outlets through his billionaire buds to control the message ala putin but lol military and agencies treat him like a moron he is and moneymen abandoned any hope of trump fulfilling any agenda

I think one of the longer-term consequences of Trump is revealing how vulnerable America really is to such a takeover if it were executed by a non-incompetent, or hell even just a semi-incompetent. Like Trump genuinely was poised for a severe nationalist takeover and instead poo poo the bed because all he likes to do all day is whine on Twitter. Someone with some moxie was taking notes and will take another run at this thing sooner rather than later.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

freckle posted:

we're all jeb!

I am Jeb!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

Donald trump is chuck mcgill with the hypochondriac paranoia and without the intellect and knowledge and he's jimmy McGill with the serial conning and lack of conscience that even breaking bad era Saul had

Donald slippin Jimmy'd his way to the presidency lol

don is hector salamander

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

ONE OF US
ONE OF US

JEB! JEB! JEB!

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

In the midst of the dumpster fire we've been living in it's important to remember that basically every other bad thing you hear about not trump is some result or byproduct of the Iraq war

and the iraq war started because of W, and he only became president because of Jeb! :argh:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

i cant believe blah blah blah jeb!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Dolash posted:

I think one of the longer-term consequences of Trump is revealing how vulnerable America really is to such a takeover if it were executed by a non-incompetent, or hell even just a semi-incompetent. Like Trump genuinely was poised for a severe nationalist takeover and instead poo poo the bed because all he likes to do all day is whine on Twitter. Someone with some moxie was taking notes and will take another run at this thing sooner rather than later.

maybe he's the vaccine that innoculates america against fascismhahahahahaajaHAHAHA

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

no way

how is this possible

jeb help

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/900640992247902210

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

they forgot to say nazi

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Trump is like a Stephen King antagonist, but from one of his stories where nothing matters as far as where the bad thing came from, why it's there, what's being done to stop it, etc except it's happening to all of america instead of some shithole in maine

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

best prez

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Quotey posted:

did better call saul improve after s1? i watched it and what i wanted to see was saul goodman, huell and mike and what i got were tiny hints of mike, pre saul and some drama about his brother taking up a loving RICO case and also hes agoraphobic

the best ep was when he goes to whereverville and meets his old buddy

e: and no huell? seriously?

If you want the crime part of the crime drama Mike mostly takes up that mantle and it's pretty deece but slower build obv since BB is the ceiling

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
didn't they make a movie in the 90's about what would happen if a comedian became president? how did that end?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

FabioClone posted:

didn't they make a movie in the 90's about what would happen if a comedian became president? how did that end?

what is the deal with nuclear war?!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

punchymcpunch posted:

maybe he's the vaccine that innoculates america against fascismhahahahahaajaHAHAHA

He's the accelerant that's guaranteed the Republican base will never nominate another Mitt Romney "soft" establishment type again, and ensured the whole next class of young Republicans coming up through local and state governments will be goddamn Pepes. Meanwhile the Democrats will remain paralyzed by infighting over who gets to be in charge once Trump (and later, the Trumpists) 'inevitably' falls.

The Republican party's pretty much broken and on the road to overt fascism, with not much left holding them back except for the old guard who still remember it was all supposed to be a ruse covering their looting of the country. The Democrats will dutifully play the part of every opposition in any country that went fascist, in that they will become so despised and ineffectual that future generations will wonder how they failed to unite around something as simple as "down with those fascists over there".

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Dolash posted:

He's the accelerant that's guaranteed the Republican base will never nominate another Mitt Romney "soft" establishment type again, and ensured the whole next class of young Republicans coming up through local and state governments will be goddamn Pepes. Meanwhile the Democrats will remain paralyzed by infighting over who gets to be in charge once Trump (and later, the Trumpists) 'inevitably' falls.

The Republican party's pretty much broken and on the road to overt fascism, with not much left holding them back except for the old guard who still remember it was all supposed to be a ruse covering their looting of the country. The Democrats will dutifully play the part of every opposition in any country that went fascist, in that they will become so despised and ineffectual that future generations will wonder how they failed to unite around something as simple as "down with those fascists over there".

In retrospect the gifthorse party and millenials were a mistake

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Dolash posted:

Yeah Trump is a Rubicon moment for America and either a lefty or let's be honest, deffo a right wing maniac is gonna take advantage within the next two or three elections. It's blatantly evident the checks and balances system can't oppose even the most stupid and deranged president and the media will do nothing to protect you.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
turns out gutting education for generations has negative impacts

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

nopantsjack posted:

Yeah Trump is a Rubicon moment for America and either a lefty or let's be honest, deffo a right wing maniac is gonna take advantage within the next two or three elections. It's blatantly evident the checks and balances system can't oppose even the most stupid and deranged president and the media will do nothing to protect you.

I used to think pence would be better but I worry that he could be this person. He's much more competent about keeping his mouth shut and we can't just piss him off with memes when he starts dropping hammers

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

he doesn't have the same cult of personality, but he might not need it, because he'd be better at working the machinery

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

I used to think pence would be better but I worry that he could be this person. He's much more competent about keeping his mouth shut and we can't just piss him off with memes when he starts dropping hammers

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Even if pence survives trump going down for Russia stuff he'd be too ineffectual to do anything

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Jose posted:

Even if pence survives trump going down for Russia stuff he'd be too ineffectual to do anything

I have a hunch his role in transition staffing is going to sink him if trump goes down for anything related to russia.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Would he be though

McConnell doesn't like trump for personality reasons but pence would be republican yes man

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
How were the girls the only Trump kids with good hair

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dolash posted:

nopantsjack posted:

Yeah I think this is a big problem. But I also think the future is unpredictable and poo poo could get *~weird~*. I wouldn't count the non-Trumpies out quite yet. In Egypt after the populist Islamist candidate Morsi took power, the backlash ended up resulting in a military coup backed by the "liberals" culminating in the bloodiest mass murder in the country's modern history at Rabaa Square. Not saying there's going to be a "war" or something like that, but the rage among people (and there are a lot of them) who hate Trump and his supporters is real.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Like Donny sure as poo poo has significantly less than 40% good hair, so how did his low quality hair make its way to all the boys even when there are 2 mothers involved?

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Dolash posted:

zuck 4 prez!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

ScrubLeague posted:

How were the girls the only Trump kids with good hair

presumably by paying someone to style it/not having a style forced on them by Donald

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
If Donald Trump goes down in history as a Russian puppet that literally doomed us all to die to global warming, that'd almost be worth me losing my house

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

i cant believe blah blah blah jeb!

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

If Donald Trump goes down in history as a Russian puppet that literally doomed us all to die to global warming, that'd almost be worth me losing my house

No puppet

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/kylerodgers/status/900655286947635200

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
if don just let his hair grow out a little hed be beautiful

• Locked thread