Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I don't wanna get in detail here but I kinda believe it already is. Nowhere near the fear or hatred but the judgement is 100% there. And the more mainstream it becomes for those who want to live that way the more resistance there will be from the usual suspects.

Poly gets a bit of a bad rap around here because of the amount of insane drama and number of relationship disasters that surrounds it. I'm sure there are people out there who can do it well and live happy lives, but they aren't the ones who we hear about, is all.

Pug-husky to start the page off right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Gort posted:

It's so cool that the man holding an insane sign has the legal right to be armed with a lethal weapon

:911:

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Liquid Communism posted:

Poly gets a bit of a bad rap around here because of the amount of insane drama and number of relationship disasters that surrounds it. I'm sure there are people out there who can do it well and live happy lives, but they aren't the ones who we hear about, is all.

Pug-husky to start the page off right!

Yeah, there's a sort of confirmation bias. The successful poly people go home and flip burgers and raise their kids and lead normal lives save for the fact that they're with more than one person. The disasters are the people you hear about constantly.

Edit:

You already have the dog tax as your avatar. Don't be double dog taxed. :downs:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Liquid Communism posted:

I literally know a super together poly couple (well the female half anyway) so this is true.

The thing is I genuinely believe that everything with poly is just... everything "normal" but amplified by the circumstances. Also don't use goons as a cross section of any population ever, amirite? :v:

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
At least not where romantic relationships are concerned.

e.

Hot new animu game? Goons.
Relationship advice? Probably not the internet, definitely not goons.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I think it's one of those 90/10 things. 90% of the poly drama you see/hear about comes from the 10% of poly people that are capital p poly.

e: since that might not be a well-known term - the dipshits that won't shut up about the poly lifestyle and how enlightened they are

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Noctone posted:

I think it's one of those 90/10 things. 90% of the poly drama you see/hear about comes from the 10% of poly people that are capital p poly.

e: since that might not be a well-known term - the dipshits that won't shut up about the poly lifestyle and how enlightened they are

Yeah I didn't know about that distinction but I 100% buy that.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

QuarkJets posted:

From Phoenix

I have no idea what the gently caress this sign is supposed to be saying but I can tell you that the 4th figure on it is Guy Fieri

How tall is this tiny Child Man? He's gotta be like 4'9", right? Or there's some forced perspective at play and he's actually standing like ten feet away diagonally across from the normal man in the white shirt... right?

What is with these loving Tiny Nazis? :confused:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

nine-gear crow posted:

How tall is this tiny Child Man? He's gotta be like 4'9", right? Or there's some forced perspective at play and he's actually standing like ten feet away diagonally across from the normal man in the white shirt... right?

What is with these loving Tiny Nazis? :confused:

He's probably more like 5'4" or 5"5'. Don't call someone childish because of someone's height please. There are plenty of other perfectly good reasons to make fun of him.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Noctone posted:

From what I've seen in the /r/relationships thread, a lot of that seems to stem from 'opening the relationship' being the new 'having a kid to save the marriage' when it comes to dealing with the desire for infidelity in people who would honestly prefer to be monogamous.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I'm 5'3" and all these short Nazis are influencing more negative feelings about being short than I already had.

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011

Shifty Nipples posted:

I'm 5'3" and all these short Nazis are influencing more negative feelings about being short than I already had.

I am 5'7" myself and I am disappointed at how many short(er) men seem to find some very repulsive ideas very appealing because apparently being short has ruined their life or rather deprived them of one to begin with. Like, literally "I am now an alt-righter because they hate women and women hate me".

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, my dick is only 5'3 and I'm told that's below average height for a man.

I've felt pretty bad going through life thinking most men were closer to 6 feet tall. I bet guys with 6 foot dicks sleep real well at night :smith:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

nine-gear crow posted:

He's gotta be like 4'9", right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bfyS-S-IJs&t=58s

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Do any of you shorties own a pickup with a lift kit?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

This song came out when I was around 8 or 9 and I was the shortest boy in my school. Made life miserable for a few months until my classmates got bored with singing it when I passed by. :(

Still haven't forgiven Randy Newman.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

Do any of you shorties own a pickup with a lift kit?

Nope.

I was going to post that but decided against it so thanks.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

You're ok in my book then.

Lift kitted truck and being short deserves all the little man syndrome ridicule I can muster.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Red Baron posted:

Oh lord if they go after sexual fluidity/headmates/spacekin, Tumblr is going to post some amusing things I'm sure.

I know it's like 90% of what somethingawful is built on but it always feels weird when people go off on stuff like "spacekin" or people that think they are attack helicopters or whatever, like it's a demographic with a couple dozen people who are either joking, mentally ill or talking about some real feeling in their life that they are explaining poorly in a way that makes them seem weird. Like it IS funny, but I always vaguely assume that people that have beefs with "tumblr people" teens and their half hearted nonsense identities at 30 are going to be the people that are super angry when they are 60 about some real thing that teens are actually doing that is actually real.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
So the White House got renovated.

The gold fringe on the windows means it's not a real presidency.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Man good thing those three American flags are there. Wouldn't want to be confusing the oval office for the office of another country's president!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Piell posted:

Looks good. The carpet is kind of gross though, and lol at the gold trim, you know Trump picked that out himself.

Do they know that you're dating people on the side?

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Piell posted:

So like... is the next president going to renovate again to fix all that, or has Trump left a lasting mark on the White House with his tacky crap?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol they let him design a rug

this is some czar nicholas ii poo poo

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'm confident Trump's transgender ban will be neutered by the courts. It's arbitrary and capricious by design.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I thought Obama set this renovation up.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Starmaker posted:

So like... is the next president going to renovate again to fix all that, or has Trump left a lasting mark on the White House with his tacky crap?

Each president designs the interior as they like. The renovation was an Obama ordered structural upgrade to fix long time wear and tear problems.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Is every Randy Newman song intended to be in a movie soundtrack? I don't think I've heard one that doesn't sound like it.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I'm confident Trump's transgender ban will be neutered by the courts. It's arbitrary and capricious by design.

I wonder if any of Trump's actions will be found to fail rational basis review just because his actions are so manifestly irrational.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Radish posted:

I thought Obama set this renovation up.

It was planned years ago, but then Trump got to add some things because he was there when it happened.

like lol they just let him design a rug so he wouldn't turn it into a gaudy hell hole.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Piell posted:

Those couches look like something from my grandma's house.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/soj_ssb/status/900207925771350020

Loss.mp3

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/BazziNYU/status/900546931193241604

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Invalid Validation posted:

I just don't understand why they can't just keep their dumbass religious bigoted beliefs out of the government. Just turn a blind eye if it bothers you so much, nobody gave a poo poo besides a small group of white people. If you want to risk life and limb to fight our forever wars then get whatever medical procedures you want.

That's because the people who generally hate on transgender individuals outside of the bro hyper-masculine sphere are all religious nutjobs that think that the United States is officially sanctioned by God. Not a Christian Nation, but actually directly sanctioned to exist by their sky wizard...Therefore, if transpeople (and gays and occasionally black people) are allowed to do whatever and the government doesn't crush it, the US has officially fallen from God's grace.

I learned this from the street preachers that used to come to campus at UF and argue with the students. Eventually...inevitably...the students that would step up to the plate to debate them would back them into a corner as to why the DOJ should go after such and such group...why they were so against people smoking pot...etc...and they'd eventually level with everyone and admit it is because they believe that the country is literally sanctioned by their God.

That's why.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Piell posted:

It looks like a common room in a wealthy retirement community where octogenarians can have tea and complain about nobody ever visiting them.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
Considering the neutral register of everything else in the room, the gold curtains really stand out. The rest of it is pretty beige in feeling and mild, but those curtains just don't fit. I would have changed them.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

The curtains and the rug suck, everything else looks good to me.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
There's only one thing that's truly out of place in the Oval Office right now.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Yeah, nobody arguing Trump isn't racist at this point is actually arguing in good faith,

But the counter example you want to do there is that he was explicitly racist from the moment he announced his campaign and insulted Mexicans in his announcement speech:

Then the person you're arguing with goes "Mexican isn't a race" because they're terminally loving stupid, and you counter with "no, but it's still bigotry, and if you defend it you are a bigot too" and then everyone stands up and claps.

Alternative strategy:

http://time.com/4473972/donald-trump-mexico-meeting-insult/

Just quote each separate entry in that article with no source links and whatever they say or however they respond, quote another entry, and just keep doing that until the heat death of the universe

Basically you don't want to accept the premise that "donald trump isn't a racist" is a premise worth debating. It isn't. People who say that need to be shut down with mockery and shamed, not engaged in intellectual debate.

Is there a resource for Things Trump Has Said, broken down by category?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Inferior Third Season posted:

It looks like a common room in a wealthy retirement community where octogenarians can have tea and complain about nobody ever visiting them.
And the that is exactly what it will be soon

(Hope that wasn't the joke you were going for in the first place)

• Locked thread