Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mein Gott!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Korgan posted:

I personally miss BroJo making a list and banning all the shitposters

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I have two probations and one is from BroJo for quoting someone in an aug thread in 2013 because there was a nipple in the background of a youtube thumbnail they posted.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I asked him where his moniker came from and he sent me a bunch of pictures of his blacksmithing projects, which was pretty cool.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

BroJo isn't Backyard Blacksmith

BB -> Stalin McHitler -> blunt for century

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Pfft all you mods look alike to me

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
You're all just Lowtax wearing a series of homemade construction paper animal masks and talking in funny voices to throw me off the trail

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Read that as No1Cunt

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Screaming Idiot posted:

Pfft all you mods look alike to me

whoh friend. thats like mod racism. Check your lack of privileges.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Brojo was the worst

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Speaking of the EPW days

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

EmmyOk posted:

I have two probations and one is from BroJo for quoting someone in an aug thread in 2013 because there was a nipple in the background of a youtube thumbnail they posted.

Wow, the lies come out already. After intense research and fact checking I have verified that you have four probations.

Mods New

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Screaming Idiot posted:

You're all just Lowtax wearing a series of homemade construction paper animal masks and talking in funny voices to throw me off the trail

Lol at the idea of lowtax giving enough of a poo poo to even pretend to be one mod

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

funmanguy posted:

Wow, the lies come out already. After intense research and fact checking I have verified that you have four probations.

Mods New

The middle two are from a thread in BYOB where you could post an image and you'd get a six hour probation with that picture as your probation reason. The guy who probated me hosed up the img tags the first time though and because of radium probation reasons can't be edited or deleted :wooper:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I consider my shark week probation to be a nice collectors item.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Aesop Poprock posted:

Lol at the idea of lowtax giving enough of a poo poo to even pretend to be one mod

he just comes around to wreck one poster at a time

when he feels like it

i can't stand having alts in games so I get how he feels

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hey rich, do this one ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:p

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

drat, this takes me back.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Korgan posted:

I personally miss BroJo making a list and banning all the shitposters

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
Was it BroJo that was modding the meme thread when confession bear and the guy that posted nothing but confession bear were a thing? I seem to recall the entire thread (and the mod) getting hella salty about it but I don't remember if it was EPW or BroJo.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it was brojo, who was driven to madness by memes, and it was korgan who was the confession bear person

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
and yea, so spake down jacket fetish.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Wheat Loaf posted:

She said: "I'm sure vegetarians will hate this." The firefighters however said the bangers were "fantastic".

Strudel Man posted:

Out of the fire, into the frying pan.

lordofthefishes
Mar 30, 2008

01000111 01010010 01000101 01000101 01010100 01001001 01001110 01000111 01010011 00100000 01000110 01000101 01001100 01001100 01001111 01010111 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001110 01000001 01000100 01001001 01000001 01001110 01010011

Keiya posted:

My local library system did the same, except we had home dial-in and telnet access to the system for ages before they switched us over to the web one.

I still miss the old one.

Did the North American Fiber-Seeking Backhoe get introduced as an invasive species down there? I'm so sorry.

Powered Descent posted:

This is why if you go hiking in the woods or anyplace you might get lost or stranded, it's a smart idea to bring along a short length of fiber optic cable. If you get into trouble, just bury the cable. A backhoe will be along in a few minutes to dig it up, and you can just ask the driver for a ride back to civilization. :pseudo:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

geonetix posted:

Yes, use startpage. Also, this is certainly a tweet:

https://twitter.com/GCHQ/status/901015380617043968

maskenfreiheit posted:

so i guess gchq is an apple shop

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Goddrat.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
A tweet so ignorant it's hard to tell whether it's from a real human or a bot

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer

IDGI. I know Turing was chemically castrated, so...Apple sucks?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

somekindofguy posted:

IDGI. I know Turing was chemically castrated, so...Apple sucks?

I looked it up, and he was found dead of cyanide poisoning with a partially eaten apple.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SpacePig posted:

I looked it up, and he was found dead of cyanide poisoning with a partially eaten apple.

Probably swallowed an apple seed by mistake.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's a reference to snow white there were also urban myths that apple's logo was a nod to it but that's horseshit.

e: that's not a joke btw, Alan turing loving loved snow white

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
The actress that voiced Snow White was paid $20 and told to gently caress off.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Jobs was asked if the apple logo was a reference to Turing and he responded with something like, "lol, I wish I were that clever."

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Charles Bukowski posted:

The actress that voiced Snow White was paid $20 and told to gently caress off.

quote:

In 1935, after a brief stint as a chorus girl at MGM, Walt Disney hired Caselotti as the voice of his heroine Snow White. She was paid a total of $970 for working on the film (equivalent to $16,160 in 2016).

That's not to say that Disney didn't screw her over in other ways

quote:

She was under contract with Disney, and Disney prevented her from appearing in further film and other media, even for Disney, after Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.[4] Jack Benny specifically mentioned that he had asked Disney for permission to use her on his radio show and was told, "I'm sorry, but that voice can't be used anywhere. I don't want to spoil the illusion of Snow White."[5] The only other work Caselotti did following her premiere was an uncredited role in MGM's The Wizard of Oz (1939); she provided the voice of Juliet during the Tin Man's song, "If I Only Had a Heart", speaking the line, "Wherefore art thou Romeo?"[1] In 1946, she had an uncredited role in Frank Capra's It's a Wonderful Life, singing in Martini's bar as James Stewart was praying.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Mirthless posted:

man some men with bald heads look so weird that they shouldn't leave the house without a hat, and they still loving do it anyway. It might be normal and socially acceptable, but god drat.

This isn't the same thing because women love my rear end length hair

seriously guys, try it: Grow your hair way way out and see how your partner (or women in general) likes it. If you can make it past shoulder length without her cutting it off in your sleep you might be surprised!

The only people I've ever encountered who seemed to intensely dislike it or think it was socially unacceptable were men, and occasionally, the kind of extremely traditional woman that is basically just a mouthpiece for the patriarchy. Dudes are way more annoyed that they see me from behind and think I'm a woman than women who are put off by my beautiful curls

Mirthless posted:

this is from May of last year so it's a bit longer. It's more small of my back than down to my rear end, really. :shrug: I'm also about 25 pounds lighter.

I don't use a curling iron, that's just what my hair does when it gets to that length. I can't do anything with it at all when it's short. It looks terrible and sticks out in random directions because of the curling, but because of how loose my curls are they don't actually form into curls until they get to my shoulder.

edit: btw, i work in an office environment for an oil and gas company, right down the hall from our CEO. I keep it braided at work. Has had no impact on my professional prospects whatsoever. Tear down patriarchal societal expectations of what kind of hair you're allowed to have, they're pointless and stupid and it negatively impacts everyone in some way or another.

Mirthless posted:

lol I don't really give a poo poo, you guys might not have figured it out yet but I'm deliberately walking into your stupid "traps"

I'm proud of my hair, sorry you guys hate yourselves so much.

A self-own-into-puppetmaster of fine vintage.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Grey Fox posted:

"Gotta hand it to him; he's getting stuff done," says local dipshit as he floats away in his car

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Dudes with long hair who take care of it generally actually do think it's hilarious when catcalling bros freak the gently caress out upon realizing they just wolf-whistled at a guy.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Dudes with long hair who take care of it generally actually do think it's hilarious when catcalling bros freak the gently caress out upon realizing they just wolf-whistled at a guy.

This is truth. and never got old when i had long hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Yeah, I'm sure that dude who looks like Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons gets a lot of attention from 'bros'. After all, hair is the first think men notice in a woman.

The best case scenario here is that they laugh and call him a girl behind his back, and then sarcastically overreact when he turns around.