Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

VulgarandStupid posted:

I'm pretty sure the thread is just a rotation of dumb streamer poo poo, awful 5 minute long single kill videos that no one should have to watch and are a literal waste of bandwidtch, crying about RNG not favoring them, and arguments about why the uzi and crossbow are the best weapons in the game. I'm really glad I made it.

Where else will you post your tweets?

Edit: oh ya the discord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
My community was built on how well we could interact, thousands and thousands of viewers from a long day of work, bad break up or worse would come into my chat seeking for some content and a good chat.

revolther
May 27, 2008
Communities full of heart broken tweens have been consoled by grimmz soulless eyes glazed over as he snipes sick headshots and begs for money. He makes a loving difference in the world.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I uninstalled shadowplay and it felt good

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Willfrey posted:

Where else will you post your tweets?

Edit: oh ya the discord

Hey, we got horns didn't we? And they're ruining streamers' lives so I'd go ahead and call that a victory.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
this thread's disdain for streamers is p strange, esp given how harmless streaming as a concept is and the fact this game would be dead on arrival if not for the fact like three streamers started playing it when it came out and blew it up

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Unironically my favourite setup that doesn't require airdrops at this point is Vektor with Red Dot and M16 with 4x.

The M16 with a 4x is the best gun in the game from 50 to 250 meters, the Vektor has the highest DPS inside 50 meters and at higher MMR levels, people don't stand still long enough for the Kar98 to outperform the M16 at medium and long range.

Most of the time I'll take any full-auto AR with a compensator as a replacement for the vektor, and a kitted-out SKS is basically as good as the M16 as your 4x gun. It hits a bit harder but is less accurate, especially on the follow-up shots.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
lol someone just spent $120 on digital camouflage hotpants I posted in the store. I love videogames.

Nathan Wind
Nov 10, 2003
starring NATHAN WIND as COCHESE

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

this thread's disdain for streamers is p strange, esp given how harmless streaming as a concept is and the fact this game would be dead on arrival if not for the fact like three streamers started playing it when it came out and blew it up

People gotta hate. It makes them feel better. Grimmmz has been saying he hosed up all night. Yes I am lame and watch streamers while I am working. Funny thing is all the Grimmmz hate is causing over $2000 in donations to him.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

I'm pretty sure the thread is just a rotation of dumb streamer poo poo, awful 5 minute long single kill videos that no one should have to watch and are a literal waste of bandwidtch, crying about RNG not favoring them, and arguments about why the uzi and crossbow are the best weapons in the game. I'm really glad I made it.

Your voice fixed yet?

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

AnElegantPeacock posted:

lol someone just spent $120 on digital camouflage hotpants I posted in the store. I love videogames.

plz teach me how to get rich in this game

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
https://clips.twitch.tv/CarelessArtsyNightingaleCmonBruh

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Personally I'm tired of seeing three posts per page of shamed nerds making cringey posts asking "why do you guys care about streamers??" and spreadsheeting autists getting mad that not everyone uses the ~objectively best~ weapons and either intentionally or through sheer force of ego misinterpreting posts into bad weapon user strawmen. I'd rather watch one kill videos all day.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
the answer is obviously just click the twitch clips and ignore everything else because it's inevitably either a sperg post or a post replying to a sperg post

I don't even know how this thread moves 300 posts a day talking about basically nothing at all

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
i like spreadsheet data posts the most.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

The Mash posted:

Unironically my favourite setup that doesn't require airdrops at this point is Vektor with Red Dot and M16 with 4x.

The M16 with a 4x is the best gun in the game from 50 to 250 meters, the Vektor has the highest DPS inside 50 meters and at higher MMR levels, people don't stand still long enough for the Kar98 to outperform the M16 at medium and long range.

Most of the time I'll take any full-auto AR with a compensator as a replacement for the vektor, and a kitted-out SKS is basically as good as the M16 as your 4x gun. It hits a bit harder but is less accurate, especially on the follow-up shots.

It feels like they've tweaked the table numbers recently because I've been seeing the vector much more often than I used to. Which makes me happy because the vector is my favorite gun in the game.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Rex-Goliath posted:

It feels like they've tweaked the table numbers recently because I've been seeing the vector much more often than I used to. Which makes me happy because the vector is my favorite gun in the game.

Yes but you see

Confer
Feb 28, 2017

succ posted:

Have insane RNG with the loot boxes = free money

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

succ posted:

Confer posted:

Have insane RNG with the loot boxes = free money

This + go on your non-main server to collect 1000-1500 points per round

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Tonetta posted:

I don't even know how this thread moves 300 posts a day talking about basically nothing at all

Gotta do something during the fpp mid game

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

VulgarandStupid posted:

The only thing worse than the poo poo you've listed is this loving tangent.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

The only thing worse than the poo poo you've listed is this loving tangent.

Man this thread sure has a lot of talking about nothing.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
https://clips.twitch.tv/ViscousTemperedWolverineSeemsGood

skip to like 2s

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Skip to 2s? By the time you get your mouse up to the bar 2sec have passed.

Also yes it's about time for duos. I'm interested to see how this goes compared to yesterday. New cameraman perhaps?

Edit: Lol they lowered kills from 5pts each to 4pts....

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Aug 24, 2017

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

fair play to im, the jammy twat.

less brits kthanks

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

I haven't been able to buy keys because the Steam Overlay doesn't like me.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

evermore, the legend, is back at it. went from outside the zone for most of the game straight into the ocean hiding underwater...

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
lets just keep showing the fishes while 20 people die, thanks camera man!!!!!

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Qmass posted:

evermore, the legend, is back at it. went from outside the zone for most of the game straight into the ocean hiding underwater...

These casters are doing alright at casting a stupid idea for an esport, but lol at the lady screaming at whoever is controlling the camera to change it from two guys bobbing in the water while the kill feed is scrolling by like crazy.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
What do you guys think about combining this game with the Long Dark?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

This interviewer for the post-game winner de-brief is so loving bad. The guy does these huge pre-question rhetorical diatribes to people that are not fluent then asks a dumb followup. Somebody back-punch this guy please.

Qmass fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Aug 24, 2017

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

ChesterJT posted:

Holy :lol: he acts like he's mother teresa out there. I seriously don't get the interaction angle, especially in a game like PUBG. Does he stop mid game to chat with people?

Yeah there's always downtime in pubg like while looting or waiting for the next circle so a lot of streamers take some time to read chat or just donations. But yeah if you're this big of a streamer and streamsniping is a problem you need a delayed stream and not this dumb chat interaction bullshit like who gives a gently caress honestly but hey you know whatever.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

GigaPeon posted:

These casters are doing alright at casting a stupid idea for an esport, but lol at the lady screaming at whoever is controlling the camera to change it from two guys bobbing in the water while the kill feed is scrolling by like crazy.

Yeah, the woman commentating is brilliant and generally catches all the little details, the man commentating is always 3 seconds behind and the cameraman might as well be one of those drinking birds. They really need to hire some proper observers if they want to run tournaments in the future.

Someone from the org also gave the dumbest explanation ever: Apparently it takes around 4 seconds to fully load high-res textures when switching to a new target when observing via the ingame client, which is why all switches generally happen with a 4 second delay. Even if that's a technical limitation with the ingame observation, why do they not just use the ingame obs function for map and birds eye views and get streams directly from each player computer, seeing as every player is on an event-built computer anyway. It's complete amateur hour. Unclear where all the money from the scam boxes went.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

The Mash posted:

Yeah, the woman commentating is brilliant and generally catches all the little details, the man commentating is always 3 seconds behind and the cameraman might as well be one of those drinking birds. They really need to hire some proper observers if they want to run tournaments in the future.

Someone from the org also gave the dumbest explanation ever: Apparently it takes around 4 seconds to fully load high-res textures when switching to a new target when observing via the ingame client, which is why all switches generally happen with a 4 second delay. Even if that's a technical limitation with the ingame observation, why do they not just use the ingame obs function for map and birds eye views and get streams directly from each player computer, seeing as every player is on an event-built computer anyway. It's complete amateur hour. Unclear where all the money from the scam boxes went.

streams yesterday were from the individual computers, you could see when someone had the super saturated reshade filter

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The Mash posted:

its a beta tournament friend. I think its not so bad compared to the charity tournament which was so awful and boring to watch the official stream. I think it'll only get better in the future as casters and obs get better over time.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

underage at the vape shop posted:

streams yesterday were from the individual computers, you could see when someone had the super saturated reshade filter

That's the excuse they gave for the abject camerawork anyway.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

PUBG pistols working as intended

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
pro games need literal pro observers to be really good for watching. good observing is insanely difficult.

that being said the observers they use now are absolute dogshit, like we're talking about two opposite extremes here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

I don't know who this guy is but I want that stache to win now.

• Locked thread