Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

-25% healing and slightly less damage will make him a little easier to deal with, but yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Why did they nerf chen, I don't understand

I have no idea, even the globe quest bug (which they didn't even fix) wasn't causing him to do that well. Hero balance has never been this game's strong suit though.

EDIT: Here's a summary of the event rewards Yep. That's the rewards

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 23, 2017

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
They really ought to provide developers' comments for all balance changes, not just the major ones. Some of those make little to no sense and it'd be nice to know what (if anything :v:) they were thinking.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Gobbeldygook posted:

Right now I'm just leveling heroes up to 5 in quick match. If Butcher is on the other team, often I don't really get to play the second half of the game because he will 100-0 stunlock/silence me on sight because I queued up with the wrong hero. I understand he's not very good competitively and how a good team would deal with him, but he ruins my fun and I want that to stop.
It should. He should no longer be in every other game either way.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I'm really glad they decided to nerf Kerrigan's one niche use and provide no reasoning why.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Wow, that is a worthless event.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
KT's spotlight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv35ukl8c-w

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
The sad part about butcher is that he's only good if the rest of the team also knows how to feed him. Those games where your team can't manage even 10 kills and your butcher is just a turd the whole game. Then there's those games where you get 10 kills in the first 5 minutes and just wreck face the entire rest of the game.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Anyone got some sick Gul'dan tips? I usually play warriors so I'm not used to being in the backline and my positioning is terrible.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

The only thing that makes me harder than Tyrande owl build buffs is Garrosh throw build buffs :getin:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Nechronic posted:

Anyone got some sick Gul'dan tips? I usually play warriors so I'm not used to being in the backline and my positioning is terrible.

Love your Q. Use it religiously. Take the talent that gives you more mana for health. Eat minions before team fights, then poo poo damage on their faces.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

The only thing that makes me harder than Tyrande owl build buffs is Garrosh throw build buffs :getin:

I always take Warbreaker for the CDR on his pull. Usually the baseline toss is enough for a pick, or at least makes them bug out. Am I wrong?

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Why are they even buffing Garrosh

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Eraflure posted:

Why are they even buffing Garrosh

He has the lowest win-rate among the tanks.

My question is why are they nerfing Chen, but leaving Dehaka alone.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I always take Warbreaker for the CDR on his pull. Usually the baseline toss is enough for a pick, or at least makes them bug out. Am I wrong?

The extra range means more reliable over-wall throws, and the extra damage means much better waveclear (paired with his level 4 reset on W, he's insanely fast)

Garrosh so fun

Tyrande is a beast and 4 more seconds off the owl is the most fun thing ever. Owl build all day erry day.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
Game really needs to poo poo or get off the pot wrt to globals. It's such an essential role on more than half the maps, but we still only have half a dozen (generous estimate) to pick between. Either make the call that you don't want global to be a role in your game and get rid of them, or start releasing more so it's not just Dehaka banned they got Falstad uhhhhh poo poo what do we do

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Alpha Mayo posted:

He has the lowest win-rate among the tanks.

genji.txt

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Played a brawl, Butcher was the only logical choice (why do they give TLV as an option in ARAM?) but I suck with him. Ended up dying 14 times, never getting 200 meat, but winning after one late-game teamfight and enemy trickling.

I decided to say "get carried scrubs :silly:" and made two people legit rage. 10/10 game.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I think its hilarious they buffed Garrosh who was already pubstomer elite in QM. He punishes so hard

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

He feels more like a pubstomper than he is because super early game kills matter so little. The number of times I've died in the first thirty seconds to garrosh is enormous and it hasn't correlated much with wins or losses (unless there's a butcher in there).

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah he's better served making the solo laner's life hell in the early game than trying to get center lane ganks for 40 xp.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Polio Vax Scene posted:

I think its hilarious they buffed Garrosh who was already pubstomer elite in QM. He punishes so hard

His win rate in ranked was low, I thought?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It's been a little bit since Carbot made me chuckle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_CcJidWkdo

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

People still think hotslogs matters?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Their win rates line up very well with what the devs say about win rates/act on, so yes.

Henker
May 5, 2009

Kel'thuzad clearly likes surrounding himself with muscular women with amazing abs.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

That Zagara skin came out well. Wasn't ever a fan of desert queen.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

No Wave posted:

That Zagara skin came out well. Wasn't ever a fan of desert queen.

Hugo weaving's gonna get your rear end for this

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I, for one, could do without any sexy lady Zagara skins.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

quote:

Developer Comment: Kerrigan’s win-rate has been at a steady 1-2% climb each patch for the last few months. While she is not demanding picks or bans at the moment, as of last week she was sitting on top of the Nexus. After closely analyzing her numbers, there was nothing standing out as a major reason for her climb upwards. So instead of doing anything massive, we felt it best to do a slight damage redistribution. Moving a small percentage of her Ravage damage into her other abilities will help with some talent pick/win rate issues while also bolstering her skill-shot abilities.

:thinking:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

beejay posted:

People still think hotslogs matters?

Yeah the developers of the loving game do. I can't believe there are people who still think they don't, and even worse have this smug satisfaction like they are dropping some kind of supreme knowledge that their anecdotal opinion is superior to data-based evidence.

No Wave posted:

Their win rates line up very well with what the devs say about win rates/act on, so yes.

Exactly. What do you think balance decisions are made on? Basically a better internal version of hotslogs.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
I'm gonna need that DK Sonya skin, though.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sonya's the only character I use the base skin on. It's so good and has so much character (and less clothes too i guess)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Libertine posted:

Yeah the developers of the loving game do.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume they have better data than a lovely opt-in malware distribution center.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Libertine posted:

Yeah the developers of the loving game do. I can't believe there are people who still think they don't, and even worse have this smug satisfaction like they are dropping some kind of supreme knowledge that their anecdotal opinion is superior to data-based evidence.

Exactly. What do you think balance decisions are made on? Basically a better internal version of hotslogs.

What the gently caress :lol:

Kyrosiris posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume they have better data than a lovely opt-in malware distribution center.

Yeah. A lot of people have stopped using hotslogs since the site went to poo poo with ads and adblock-blockers. Even before that it was kind of dumb to treat that site as canon. It's all we have but don't act like it's the end all be all.

beejay fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 24, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hotslogs just randomly had the high Kerrigan win rates when popular perception is that she sucks, just randomly the buffed garrosh talents have low win rates, just randomly had butcher popularity and win rate explode post-change... this broken clock sure matches up with the devs' own internal data a lot, weird.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
The idea here is that hotslogs are tampering with the data (why?) or that some 40,000+ replays per week is an insufficient sample size?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Apparently the next brawl is on the Pull Party map with everybody playing Chromie.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Mierenneuker posted:

Apparently the next brawl is on the Pull Party map with everybody playing Chromie.

Holy poo poo that sounds great. I'm ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

No Wave posted:

Hotslogs just randomly had the high Kerrigan win rates when popular perception is that she sucks, just randomly the buffed garrosh talents have low win rates, just randomly had butcher popularity and win rate explode post-change... this broken clock sure matches up with the devs' own internal data a lot, weird.

And yet Zeratul's sitting at 44% winrate and they didn't buff him, Sonya's Wrath of the Berserker enjoys a huge pick rate and win rate advantage and Leap hasn't been adjusted to make it competitive, and the talent selection button to choose Hammer's BFG might as well be a "I want to lose the video game" button; and yet none of those have been addressed so it looks like this broken clock sure also doesn't match up with the devs' own internal data a lot, weird. Or maybe win rates aren't the only factor in their design decisions. It's almost like you can cherry pick specific anecdotes to support whatever narrative you want to push!