Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Cloks posted:

New Batman sets leaked, Egg Mech is coming in January along with another CMF series. Gentleman Ghost and Condiment King figures in the new sets.

Where'd you read on the batman stuff? Link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man. I can't figure out how to fix the fatal flaw in the hips on the Nexo Knight mech, that being no forward hip movement(the legs can tilt sideways fine for a splayed stance, but can't step forward, for example). Everything I try tends to be too unstable or too bulky and impractical. If I had one more of the set with the regular ball sockets I'd be able to finagle a workaround that would be pretty easy, but sadly I only have three. Guess it'll have to wait until tomorrow. The thighs, shins, and ankles are all done though, I'll get pictures for those later. With this setup, though, the arms will be lacking any ball sockets, so I'll either have to create a workaround or change the ankles to not have nearly as much articulation. Dang.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Are those Batman sets actually coming then? They 'leaked' back forever ago when they appeared in some visual dictionary or other, but I didn't think they were actually going to make them because.. the movie's kinda been and gone? v:shobon:v

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Groetgaffel posted:

Personally I prefer to buy a single huge and expensive set over several small ones.
The really huge ones doesn't come out all that often, and it's easy enough to budget accordingly. The smaller sets that can add up to surprisingly huge amount in the end.

I've got eight Star Wars UCS sets, and I don't regret buying any of them.

Of course, I also own two sizable 40k armies, so I might just be completely desensitised to buying expensive plastic. :shepface:

You say that but I just had to make a spreadsheet named 'Lego Acquisition Plan' to budget it all out over the next year.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Feenix posted:

Where'd you read on the batman stuff? Link?

The Lego subreddit has what amounts to a whole retail catalog of scans.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

Cloks posted:

The Lego subreddit has what amounts to a whole retail catalog of scans.

https://imgur.com/a/WNuwJ

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Thank god for more Jurassic world sets. My nieces and nephew love dinosaurs and have been asking me for lego dinosaurs for a while. Now I can get some without spending an insane amount of money.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yeah, that's just what we need. More movie IP sets.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Same but the dinosaurs are for me.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
That Milennium Falcon is a beauty.

It says "...available in select stores...", i really hope that does not mean it won't be available on their webpage!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What are you talking about?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Not like it will stop a place like that from trying to gouge a sucker but the Simpsons house is still available at the same price it always was

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

What are you talking about?

Some guy on the other forum translated the chinese text on the leaked image and it said something to the effect of "...will be available in select stores..." which, if read too much into it, could sound like it will not be available online.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That's just for China. The have stores that are allowed to sell Lego.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

That's what they say about all the super expensive sets because they're Lego store exclusives.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So I went to the Lego Store today and asked if it was possible to build a groom from the minifig pick-a-brick-thing they have because gay friends of ours are getting married and are lego fans.

The store guy was really nice and went into the storage to see if they had any opened sets he could get a groom from but didn't. He said to check my local store in Munich though, as they may have it. I will do this next week.

If that doesn't work I will just buy two vignettes. Is there anyone on here who might need a marriage vignette with two brides for a lesbian wedding?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I was looking at the wedding topper set the other day, and thought Lego had missed a trick by not just putting two grooms and two brides in a box. Then everyone's happy (even poly relationships).

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Hopper posted:

So I went to the Lego Store today and asked if it was possible to build a groom from the minifig pick-a-brick-thing they have because gay friends of ours are getting married and are lego fans.

The store guy was really nice and went into the storage to see if they had any opened sets he could get a groom from but didn't. He said to check my local store in Munich though, as they may have it. I will do this next week.

If that doesn't work I will just buy two vignettes. Is there anyone on here who might need a marriage vignette with two brides for a lesbian wedding?

Why not just buy two grooms off ebay or bricklink?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

I was looking at the wedding topper set the other day, and thought Lego had missed a trick by not just putting two grooms and two brides in a box. Then everyone's happy (even poly relationships).

Yeah but what about the people who are perpetually offended by gay marriage?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

gently caress 'em. They shouldn't get one then.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Cojawfee posted:

They should probably stop playing with a building set that is entirely based on the concept of inserting studs into the rear tubes of other studs.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
The only lesbian wedding I’ve been to had one person in a dress and the other in a suit, anyway.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dogen posted:

The only lesbian wedding I’ve been to had one person in a dress and the other in a suit, anyway.

me too!

Well, that settles that then. Stop complaining, lesbians

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

Lego is an educational toy and clearly if they are offended, they need to educated. I'd spite-buy gay lego for their kids.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

Why not just buy two grooms off ebay or bricklink?

Yes I can do that, but if someone wants a lesbian couple I'd gift them the full vignette and more people would profit without spending money.

Did I ever post the pics of the wedding cake with lego vignette I had made for my other friends?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hopper posted:

Did I ever post the pics of the wedding cake with lego vignette I had made for my other friends?
idk but :justpost:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Will do when I get home on the weekend.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Ironically Denmark was one of, if not the, first country to have gay marriage.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Why is that ironic?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Waltzing Along posted:

Why is that ironic?

Presumably because LEGO is a Danish toy and didn't include gay wedding cake topper couples.

loving racists.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I am just glad none of my friends are furries. Oh wait, Werwolf head, Shark suit, Penguin suit all exist. I am still glad none of my friends are furries.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

The_Doctor posted:

To boost piece count/play features, they should also include a little lego therapist and couch build for all the therapy those poly minifigs are going to end up needing after things implode.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

bloodysabbath posted:

To boost piece count/play features, they should also include a little lego therapist and couch build for all the therapy those poly minifigs are going to end up needing after things implode.

Step one to assembling your poly lego family is to establish compersion.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I built the turbo track racer. It's really cool but it seem like they either designed to a part size or a price point.There are several times where it has a curved slope with the stepped bottom side, but then it doesn't use a plate underneath. Like if you wouldn't see a part when it is finished, and it isn't absolutely vital, it's not used. I had planned on building the main model and then scrapping it to build the open wheel car, which is the reason why I bought the set. Looking at the instructions, the main model looks like it is much cooler. maybe someday, I'll buy another.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

One thing I don't like about the old fishing store is that they went too far making the roof look hosed up in the final version. It looks better in the ideas set.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Hopper posted:

I am just glad none of my friends are furries. Oh wait, Werwolf head, Shark suit, Penguin suit all exist. I am still glad none of my friends are furries.
Alternate universe Hopper: "anyone need Fabuland elements, I only need the figures"

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I want Lego to bring back those weird Technic minifigs.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I want Lego to bring back those weird Technic minifigs.

They're perfect scale for the VW Camper!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
And you could attach stuff to them. I think there was an old line with them in power armor, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lorddazron
Mar 31, 2011
So quick question. How likely do you think ill be to find the ninjago city in a lego store this weekend? Specifically the store in London?