Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mister Blueberry posted:

I tend to disagree with this. On newer shards, STH is still pretty good and a more versatile toon for raids than Kanan. Depends if you want to unlock CLS or Thrawn i guess...

I'm doing low-end play testing with Phoenix right now and Kanaan is a much more versatile toon for new players than STH. Kanaan is a beast in GW and a good arena tank back-up to your RG. He also brings an immense service in cleansing Lando of stuns/ability blocks/crit downs.

I said just unlock STH for now, because I still think STH should be your second Arena 7*, but you just need to unlock him to get your credit heist going and begin gearing him. Once Kanaan is maxed, 7* STH.

After those two are 7*, I'd recommend Tarkin (for fleet), then Leia (for CLS unlock).

I no longer recommend anyone waste their time with dark-side droids (IG-88, IG-86, HK-47). If you've got'em, they're a decent tank P2, and an okay suicide squad in GW, but if you don't... just get a resistance squad and make zFinn your first Zeta. That team will full clear GW's, deal multiple millions on tank P2/3/4, and is an okay arena squad to boot.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Aug 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Mister Blueberry posted:

I tend to disagree with this. On newer shards, STH is still pretty good and a more versatile toon for raids than Kanan. Depends if you want to unlock CLS or Thrawn i guess...

I think the idea here is that Kanan works in 3 different legendary unlock teams, making him a very efficient choice.

Edit: what he said ^^^

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Just 50 stun cuffs and 50 belt looking things until I'm finally done gearing up Jedi Luke. Been grinding for Carbanti for two weeks now.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I just G11'ed Kenobi, so my Jedi Luke grind begins.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
CLS gear is not that hard to be honest. It's hard to gear him if you are gearing a team of loving Clones like myself, but otherwise, he's pretty straightforward. Chirrut-level straightforward

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

It's not hard, just slow. But whoever said he gets much stronger after gear VIII was right. He's gained mountains of health and hits like a truck.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mister Blueberry posted:

CLS gear is not that hard to be honest. It's hard to gear him if you are gearing a team of loving Clones like myself, but otherwise, he's pretty straightforward. Chirrut-level straightforward

compared to Kenobi, I'm loving jumping for joy. Should only be 2-3 weeks.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So how well does the new raid Han stack up without a zeta? I'm getting close to seven starring him and I'm wondering if I should gear him up next.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Im excited about him. The changes they made, as with Old Ben (assuming they fix the rebel tag oops) are spot on with what the playerbase was asking for. He seems like a good buddy with CLS, which at a minimum should make him viable in raid comps. Im gearing him for that reason, with an eye toward trying him in arena with a CLS rebel squad (CLS/chaze/R2/Han).

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?
With the zeta raid Han hits really hard, I've got him at gear 10 and he's a bit of a glass cannon but I have been seeing him doing 20-30k between the 2 hits off his basic, also it removes turn meter on each of the 2 hits potentially, also with his critical chance high enough you can use his special ability which stuns and immediately attack again with his basic

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

fishtobaskets posted:

Im excited about him. The changes they made, as with Old Ben (assuming they fix the rebel tag oops) are spot on with what the playerbase was asking for. He seems like a good buddy with CLS, which at a minimum should make him viable in raid comps. Im gearing him for that reason, with an eye toward trying him in arena with a CLS rebel squad (CLS/chaze/R2/Han).

Old Ben is a rebel again. They fixed that one fast.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Canemacar posted:

It's not hard, just slow. But whoever said he gets much stronger after gear VIII was right. He's gained mountains of health and hits like a truck.

20 18 stun cuffs to go till mine crosses that threshold.

My next zeta is either luke or finn. I'm considering Finn over Luke because I haven't been able to do the final GW node for weeks now and I'm losing credits, shards and crystals every day because of it. Is fixing this problem worth delaying putting on Luke's 1st Z for a month or so? Or will I get more out of Luke's Z anyway?

Cactus fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 23, 2017

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I'm going to jinx myself by saying this but I've been having pretty good luck in GW by using the absolute bare minimum to beat each stage. I start off with my laffo mid 70s jedi that total 48k power. Iuse them to roll up to node 6. That's when I swap to my terribly undergeared and half unmodded zfinn squad that's barely pushing 52k. It barely survives node 6. I ride that squad to node 9 if they last that long before switching to a 57k Tarkin squad. If it folds before beating 9 I swap to a DN sith team at about 62k. Once I beat 10 I swap out individual sith until I can get past 11 and then 12. Often I can complete 12 with a sith team not even 69k. Failing that, I whip pull out the wiggs/chaze rebel team and nuke whatever's left. If I go straight for the rebels (72k) by node 6 I'm going to have one of those nightmare CLS/Rex/Thrawn teams by 11 or 12.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
CLS is getting my next Zeta and I need 9 carbantis and 31 stun cuffs. I'm looking to build an arena team around CLS and Raid Han; maybe CLS(L), Han, R2, and Chaze. Chaze still needs a ways to go.

I don't even have Finn unlocked, he'll be next after I star up Hera.

Chilichimp posted:

I no longer recommend anyone waste their time with dark-side droids (IG-88, IG-86, HK-47). If you've got'em, they're a decent tank P2, and an okay suicide squad in GW, but if you don't... just get a resistance squad and make zFinn your first Zeta. That team will full clear GW's, deal multiple millions on tank P2/3/4, and is an okay arena squad to boot.

An HK led droid team was my first arena team. I still use them for P2 and for mowing down the earlier nodes in GW,

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Since everyone's asking about zetas, I'm wondering who I should zeta next, R2's number crunch, or CLS Binds All Things?

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Canemacar posted:

Since everyone's asking about zetas, I'm wondering who I should zeta next, R2's number crunch, or CLS Binds All Things?

I was just faced with this same dilemma and went with Number Crunch. It's useful in more areas (like my resistance team in HAAT). I don't regret the decision at all, at least not yet.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Cidrick posted:

I was just faced with this same dilemma and went with Number Crunch. It's useful in more areas (like my resistance team in HAAT). I don't regret the decision at all, at least not yet.

That sounds like a good call. R2 fits in basically any lightside team.

I love how the OT crew have become such a great squad with the last pass. CLS, R2, Raid Han, Leia, and Old Ben.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Canemacar posted:

I love how the OT crew have become such a great squad with the last pass. CLS, R2, Raid Han, Leia, and Old Ben.

:same:

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
It's crazy how much thought I put into zetas. Like, I'll level up and max out Boba Fett/Slave 1, but he's still not zetad. Just so little value in it. I'd rather sit on 20 zetas in the expectation of something crazy popping off than putting them onto Boba or anyone else.

That being said, I love my Z2Z2 and my Zfinn. So much value for those zetas. I have one zeta on CLS for "it binds all things" but it's the only one I'll Zeta until someone else does the hard math and tells me that 5% turn meter is game changing.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Aadoniel posted:

That being said, I love my Z2Z2

I still firmly believe that this should be R2-Z2

Aadoniel posted:

I have one zeta on CLS for "it binds all things" but it's the only one I'll Zeta until someone else does the hard math and tells me that 5% turn meter is game changing.

When you consider that it's effectively +10% turn meter for CLS every turn its a pretty big deal. Less so in Arena, but pretty sweet if you want CLS to solo the rancor all by himself.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
Did you guys see the hermit Yoda footage? That looked like tons of fun to be honest.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Mister Blueberry posted:

Did you guys see the hermit Yoda footage? That looked like tons of fun to be honest.

That certainly is quite the unique ability kit :stare:

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
I just retreated from a battle I was winning on basic auto because I lost a few toons. I thought I was playing GW while I was in fact playing Arena.

Hashtag PhoenixLyfe

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Mister Blueberry posted:

I have not. Link?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Inimicul posted:

I have not. Link?

here is a dumb youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_PXyrovaXE

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Wow.

You were right.

That was a dumb video.

I'm not sure how I feel about dedicating 20% of my team to a buffbot. I don't know if those buffs equal another attacker.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Inimicul posted:

Wow.

You were right.

That was a dumb video.

I'm not sure how I feel about dedicating 20% of my team to a buffbot. I don't know if those buffs equal another attacker.

He calls an ally to attack every 3 turns and the buff removes any debuffs from the ally targeted, so daze doesn't prevent the assist. The buff is permanent so, each time the ability is used, he calls an additional ally to attack.

This is the buff:
Master’s Training: +25% (doubled on Jedi) Accuracy, Defense, Offense, Potency, and Tenacity. Can’t be Dispelled or prevented.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Aug 24, 2017

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Oh! I didn't realize it was permanent. That changes things a bit. I'm not sure how well that would work out in the arena with people dying all the time, but I can imagine fun things in raids.

Make Jedi Great Again?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yt1a_WfK98

Slightly less annoying video.

Getting everyone with Master's Training to attack at once is pretty hilarious as the battle goes on. Also, healing ability similar to Barriss, and it's not like she's ever done much damage herself.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
There is a page for hermit yoda that isn't a video somewhere

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Inimicul posted:

Oh! I didn't realize it was permanent. That changes things a bit. I'm not sure how well that would work out in the arena with people dying all the time, but I can imagine fun things in raids.

Make Jedi Great Again?

It's certainly not as good as GK's ability but it's got the potential to be good in combination with his other buffs.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
How is Yoda going to be unlocked?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

UmOk posted:

How is Yoda going to be unlocked?

It looks like shards won by completing the Territory Battles which is a new game mode that will be released: TBD

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127458/territory-battles-overview

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Think Hermit Yoda shards are the reward for the TB you need CLS to unlock?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Canemacar posted:

Nah I think they've said that's ROLO or Third Han.

Yoda will just be in the shop.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Who's ROLO?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Rebel Officer Leia Organa

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I genuinely thought ROLO was Raid (Han) Solo

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I've updated the OP and second post. We discussed changes in Discord, lemme know if there's anything else that needs to change

Canemacar posted:

CaptainPsyko posted:

Nah I think they've said that's ROLO or Third Han.

Yoda will just be in the shop.

My understanding is that completing TBs will grand you TB tokens or whatever the gently caress they're called. These can be spent on Hermit Yoda. To acquire 3rd Han, you'll need to do special missions requiring certain heroes (Like CLS and Hoth bros). To unlock ROLeia, you'll need to do special missions that require 3rd Han.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Welp. Better start grinding Hoth soldier and scout. I've been putting my cantina credits towards the scout for the last week.