Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dr.Radical posted:

I'm trying to figure out how I would describe the dorky cardigan over the crisp shirt and tie look but I'm coming up short. It looks bad, though.

It looks fine to me :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Dr.Radical posted:

I'm trying to figure out how I would describe the dorky cardigan over the crisp shirt and tie look but I'm coming up short. It looks bad, though.

look at this uncultured swine who doesn't understand layering their clothing.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

On the one hand one of my favorite things to do the past 3-4 years is to go to Staples on the game before Christmas, it's become a tradition. On the other hand, I don't really know if I want to financially support this team as long as Magic is in charge, on the other hand someone is going to buy that ticket anyway if I don't so it's sort of a pointless protest.

Well, buying a ticket adds to the supply/demand curve, but you should go anyway and tweet sarcastic things at magic, its way more effective.

Illegally stream the games instead of paying for league pass or cable if you want to protest.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

On the one hand one of my favorite things to do the past 3-4 years is to go to Staples on the game before Christmas, it's become a tradition. On the other hand, I don't really know if I want to financially support this team as long as Magic is in charge, on the other hand someone is going to buy that ticket anyway if I don't so it's sort of a pointless protest.

Maybe we'll get lucky and he tampered so hard, he has to resign

Again

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

RCarr posted:

It looks fine to me :shrug:

Wait I've got it. It's something Ray Allen would wear.

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

I really hate Broussard, is he the de facto worst sports journalist right now?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Good Work You Get An HIV posted:

I guess it depends on how you want to define Clay Travis

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

MourningView posted:

I guess it depends on how you want to define Clay Travis

I guess anyone from the Fox networks are pretty trash

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

look at my mans optical illusion fedora here

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Skip Bayless still exists even though he's mercifully been exiled to Fox Sports

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Skip is good though

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

in addition to being the worst, he's also an outspoken homophobe.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Shear Modulus posted:

Skip Bayless still exists even though he's mercifully been exiled to Fox Sports

Clay Travis makes Skip Bayless look like Walter Kronkite

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
So, what basketball podcasts do people recommend? I'd really appreciate something similar to the football ramble, but i'd take whatever i can get.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dunced on
Real gm
Sam vecenie
Your local teams poo poo pod
Simmons
Lowe post

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Lowe Post, Limited Upside and Dunc'd On are the ones I listen to regularly. The Basketball Analogy has some good episodes but is usually too much of a shitshow. The Ringer's NBA show is well-produced by way too SPORTS RADIO. Simmons sucks

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
CBS used to be decent, but ever since Zach Harper left it's been another ESPN hot take corner.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Woj occasionally puts out good stuff, but his podcasts are mostly interviews with people within the NBA.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Bulls all time team

Shoutout to the Wizards for having motherfucking Otto Porter on it. (guess they couldn't get Arenas' rights?)
:laffo:

Everybody's all time Team.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/NBA2K/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10159191970005305

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Charlotte the only team without a 90+ player :(

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
All about a Manute Bol/Gheorge Muresan frontcourt.

https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/900779413314256896

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No Barkley on The sixers. ok. No Moses either.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

The Suns are missing all-time leader in games played Alvan Adams and all-time leading scorer Walter Davis.

But we have Goran Dragic and Cedric Ceballos lol. That just seems really lazy.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

euphronius posted:

No Barkley on The sixers. ok. No Moses either.

Barkley never lets people use him in games. They've done old sixer's teams and suns teams and he's never on them.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dexo posted:

Barkley never lets people use him in games. They've done old sixer's teams and suns teams and he's never on them.

That makes sense

Why no Moses ?

Or Wilt ?? Or did I miss wilt .

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Sad that apparently Pistol Pete is for Utah instead of NOLA. I'm not sure if he ever played a game in that state. :(

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Kibner posted:

Sad that apparently Pistol Pete is for Utah instead of NOLA. I'm not sure if he ever played a game in that state. :(

NBA records and history for teams that moved are weird.

Some teams when they moved kept their history from the previous teams, other teams left or gave back their history when a team was created to replace the one they lost.

It's strange.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dexo posted:

NBA records and history for teams that moved are weird.

Some teams when they moved kept their history from the previous teams, other teams left or gave back their history when a team was created to replace the one they lost.

It's strange.

I honestly don't know who the NOLA Jazz history belongs to. They never did anything of note, so there are no banners to hang. We do have a retired Pistol jersey in the rafters, though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Timberwolves' all-time team is a disaster

how do you not include the literal first all-star the team ever had

why is Hassell still coasting on his fake "kobe stopper" reputation

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 24, 2017

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

euphronius posted:

That makes sense

Why no Moses ?

Or Wilt ?? Or did I miss wilt .

Wilt is on there but lol at some of the other people on the team

Jota fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Aug 24, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Quinntan posted:

So, what basketball podcasts do people recommend? I'd really appreciate something similar to the football ramble, but i'd take whatever i can get.

The Starters is easily my favorite.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Kibner posted:

I honestly don't know who the NOLA Jazz history belongs to. They never did anything of note, so there are no banners to hang. We do have a retired Pistol jersey in the rafters, though.

Utah took that with them. The Hornets/Pelicans history is just '02-'03 onward

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

morestuff posted:

Utah took that with them. The Hornets/Pelicans history is just '02-'03 onward

As it should be.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

morestuff posted:

Lowe Post, Limited Upside and Dunc'd On are the ones I listen to regularly. The Basketball Analogy has some good episodes but is usually too much of a shitshow. The Ringer's NBA show is well-produced by way too SPORTS RADIO. Simmons sucks

TBA varies wildly show to show. The weekly Windhorst one is good if you just want relatively straightforward NBA discussion, the others might be only tangentially related so it's gonna depend on how much you like the people involved

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Joel Embiid is on the all time 76ers team, which would be the funniest thing in the world if not for the fact that Aaron McKie is also on the team.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

MourningView posted:

TBA varies wildly show to show. The weekly Windhorst one is good if you just want relatively straightforward NBA discussion, the others might be only tangentially related so it's gonna depend on how much you like the people involved

I might like it more now that Ethan Strauss got fired, I only gave the first relaunch episode a shot and that was a mess

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Steph
Klay
Mullin
Barry
Wilt

Yeah, that'll do!

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Paul Zuvella posted:

Joel Embiid is on the all time 76ers team, which would be the funniest thing in the world if not for the fact that Aaron McKie is also on the team.

And Jrue Holiday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Lou Williams is the funniest Toronto inclusion to me. I know he won 6th man, but the dude played 80 games as a Raptor.

• Locked thread