Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caros
May 14, 2008

Your Taint posted:

LOL at anyone who honestly thought Mexico would ever pay a dime.

Particularly when their current and former presidents wer publicly up front saying "We will not pay for your stupid loving wall."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Well that was a complete waste of time.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I wish I had White House Press Secretary access like those reporters do. My questions would be amazing.

"Excuse me, Miss Sanders, but what percentage of white supremacist does Donald Trump think are good people compared to the overall population? 14? 88?"

"Excuse me, Miss Sanders, but are Nazis bad?"

"Excuse me, Miss Sanders, but I just have one question: is Pee tape real?"

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
Watching that woman is like being trapped in a staff meeting about the creation of an office newsletter

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Your Taint posted:

None of those fuckers asked about the Phoenix rally. They dropped the ball.

Didn't someone ask about Trump omitting the "many sides" part of his initial Charlottesville statements when he was whining about unfair fake news at the rally?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Quick, announce a new war!

https://twitter.com/MSignorile/status/900788532767318016

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016
I miss the days when Spicy insisted Hitler did not gas his own people

Like, two or three months ago

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Well that was a complete waste of time.

They always are, sometimes they're entertaining though. Sean "Holocaust Centers" Spicer was much more prone to saying incredibly stupid things, though. "Even Hitler didn't use chemical weapons on his own citizens!" Reporters: :thunk:

Spicer and now Sanders just get a printout of prepared propaganda remarks where they say nice things about what Trump has been doing, then 95% of questions they deflect with "I dunno I'll have to ask and get back to you" or "how dare you FAKE NEWS ask that." The remaining 5% of questions they read prepared talking points.

It's also common to trot out a cabinet member to give some remarks and eat up time, or Skype callers with call-in questions.

Trump WH press conferences have never been about answering questions from the press, they're for delivering propaganda and deflecting questions. Spicer was just exceptionally bad at it and said some really dumb things.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
The problem is that the reporters aren't trying to trap them, they're trying to get information about things the president is doing.

The fact that the ask gotcha questions at all is evidence of how crazy Trump is

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

BlueberryCanary posted:

I miss the days when Spicy insisted Hitler did not gas his own people

Like, two or three months ago

God, that feels like five years ago.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

reminder to people overanalyzing this:

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/900802477007785987

sanders assuredly does not know that and is just spitballing and thought saying the standard process was being followed was a safe lie

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

No Butt Stuff posted:

I'm just glad that once this administration is over, no one who worked with it will ever hold another job in government.

Some of them might work in the laundry room, maybe even in a supervisory position.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

The problem is that the reporters aren't trying to trap them, they're trying to get information about things the president is doing.

The fact that the ask gotcha questions at all is evidence of how crazy Trump is

Yeah, but the President and his staff don't actually know what the gently caress they're doing and couldn't give a coherent answer to most of that stuff even if they wanted to.

Plus, Spicer and Sanders are not allowed to ever clarify or explain Trump tweets/statements. Remember Spicer's response to covfefe? "I think the President and a small group of people know exactly what it means."

So you have four possible responses to questions, in decreasing order of how common each is:

1. I don't know, I'll have to get back to you / you'll have to ask that department.
2. I think the President's statement / tweet stands for itself.
3. Prepared talking points.
4. That is insulting how dare you FAKE NEWS criticize Dear Leader, I'm not going to dignify that with a response.

edit: oops I forgot #1.5 We can't comment on ongoing negotiations.

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 24, 2017

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

The greatest of great americans.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

middle school must be rough these days

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
Shucks is like a space alien who kidnaps you and subjects you to a comically fake construction of a human town with a human office building where you do human work, staffed with mantis people wearing crude obvious human masks

And you can tell her a thousand times you know full well this is a fabrication and that she isn't human and she'll just smile at you and bare her teeth and soldier on like tom has had his human birthday. We are office. But the hell of it, the aliens don't even understand humans enough to understand dishonesty or to gauge that your rejection of the false reality means, you just have to keep going and watching the mantis people of the Jesus nebula fail to trick you forever

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Now that it's been pointed out I can never not see that graphic as anything of than that a crocodile opening its mouth.

logosanatic
Jan 27, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

coyo7e posted:

Holyshit that is the Freudian slip to end all Freudian slips

it wasnt a freudian slip. hes been saying that with his friends and wasnt quick enough to change his verbage on the fly

he even corrected himself that he shouldnt say that

then rambled about how he doesnt agree with martin luther king jr being on a street sign because hes racist

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
So right now, they are expecting Hurricane Harvey to come ashore as a Category 3 Hurricane, then become a tropical storm and spend approximately 72 hours looping around close to Corpus Christi.

Although Hurricane Katrina had reached Category 5, it was actually only a Category 3 when it came ashore, and it moved pretty fast northwards.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at4.shtml?cone#contents (second link in case the image doesn't embed properly)

This is going to be bad and maybe really bad.

glowing-fish fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Aug 24, 2017

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Probably fake because I can't think of a single school (other than college) that would let you wear a hat in class.

And even then colleges don't assign essays.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

glowing-fish posted:

So right now, they are expecting Hurricane Harvey to come ashore as a Category 3 Hurricane, then become a tropical storm and spend approximately 72 hours looping around close to Corpus Christi.

Although Hurricane Katrina had reached Category 5, it was actually only a Category 3 when it came ashore, and it moved pretty fast northwards.

Really bad is a massive understatement I am thinking.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Hollismason posted:

Now that it's been pointed out I can never not see that graphic as anything of than that a crocodile opening its mouth.

The lines don't intersect anymore. Now it looks like one of those caves you fly a spaceship through in a shmup.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

glowing-fish posted:

Even if global warming was real, which it's not, we should be glad because plants actually love CO2!

Even if Hurricane Harvey wasn't Fake News, which it is, we should be glad because plants love water!

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

ShitThatDidntHappen.txt

No way is any teacher taking Infowars or Daily Stormer as valid research sources.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Just want to again point out that SHuckS is the best nickname ever. I momentarily forget about the cold, dark reality of life every time I read it.

SHuckS

:shrug:

(We need a SHuckS smilie)

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Is also an elite sniper with 300 confirmed kills.

Kale
May 14, 2010

eyebeem posted:

Just want to again point out that SHuckS is the best nickname ever. I momentarily forget about the cold, dark reality of life every time I read it.

SHuckS

Considering she doesn't seem to have anything besides that sad scowly face that might be a tough one.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kale posted:

Considering she doesn't seem to have anything besides that sad scowly face that might be a tough one.

Can we get droopy eyes on the :shrug: smilie? With a frumpy blouse?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Beastie posted:

Probably fake because I can't think of a single school (other than college) that would let you wear a hat in class.

And even then colleges don't assign essays.

What school did you go to where they don't make you write essays?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
I like how trump/Pheonix PD tried to drum up some anti-protester sentiment by attacking protesters and it hasn't even remotely got traction anywhere.

Even the conservative friends I have that were posting hand-wringing about Antifa haven't said poo poo about it.

Luna
May 31, 2001

A hand full of seeds and a mouthful of dirt

Beachcomber posted:

The lines don't intersect anymore. Now it looks like one of those caves you fly a spaceship through in a shmup.

Looks like the Parsec refueling stations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Gotta really bring in that thousand yard stare.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

What is everyone's favorite presser moment?

Mine is "is that a fence or a wall"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

eyebeem posted:

SHuckS

I'm still partial to Hucky Boo Boo.

Caros
May 14, 2008

And then everyone clapped and the professor gave him $10

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

eyebeem posted:

(We need a SHuckS eyelie)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Life comes at you fast

https://twitter.com/JerryTravone/status/900777467140608000?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I found the last round of polling quite amusing because they included opinion of Clinton as well. Her poll numbers were just as bad which is astonishing because she isn't actively trolling half the population like Trump does via Twitter. http://i.imgur.com/8j4gE3j.png

• Locked thread