Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

XV coming to Steam 2018

time to start clearing my backlog...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFFmieoN-DM

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

its beautiful

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013
I did not expect this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tus-gOVXg_E

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This kicks rear end

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

This kicks rear end

Bravely Default style Cindy is awesome

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's 160gb Jesus

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

One Man Trash posted:

Bravely Default style Cindy is awesome

I..... disagree. Maybe cos I'm watching on a phone but those models look deformed and ugly. Not at all as chibi (mini) and kawaii (cute) as the Bravely models

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It's 160gb Jesus

PC ports just leave a bunch of uncompressed audio that you have to delete after the install to save space. FFXIII on pc is like 80 gigs because of this (and doubling all the cutscenes for the jp/eng options) and its a ps3 game

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I..... disagree. Maybe cos I'm watching on a phone but those models look deformed and ugly. Not at all as chibi (mini) and kawaii (cute) as the Bravely models

You're right but considering the awful character sprites in other FF phone ports, i'm just glad the models in this look halfway decent. They could definitely be better though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The faces are whats off to me, they dont look chibi they look alien or incomplete

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I dont even know what this means but apparently square is claiming FFXV pc will be able to go up to 8K...thats twice as good as 4K. i didnt even know monitors with that resolution existed

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Japan gets all the fancy new technology first

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
This seems like it would be a lot better without the voice acting, bit stylistically and practically- like really how much space does all of that audio take up?

folder
Oct 9, 2016
5,000 .wav files to give contextual voice acting about the weather, and fishing

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

About 7 hours into a new playthrough, and this game just oozes charm. The soundtrack in particular is just so, so good. Really looking forward to tackling some of the content I skipped the first time, and seeing the hidden dungeons and stuff.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Recommended card is the 1080 ti lol good lord

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnyMPS2-x_c

I love this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Playing this game before dinner is dangerous

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-final-fantasy-xv-collaboration-revealed-gamescom/

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Carefully stealthing my way into a crowd and then pressing A to talk to everyone in the crowd to hear what they have to say about the game world.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I've come up with a new recipeh! *Extremely detailed render of Iconic Swordcake*

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

I've come up with a new recipeh! *Extremely detailed render of Iconic Swordcake*

lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

maybe now Giantbomb will cover it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao at Dino's voice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been taking a shot load of screenies. The environments are beautiful in this game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Lmfao at Dino's voice

I call him Brooklyn Beavis

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

Lmfao at Dino's voice

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

HERE LIES DINO

HE NEVER JEWELED

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think my favorite mechanical part of this game so far is how insanely sick magic is, and the mixing system.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm just happy that Square Enix catered to my napolitano heritage with a proud gabagool like Dino

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

I think my favorite mechanical part of this game so far is how insanely sick magic is, and the mixing system.

I think I might focus more on a magic build for Noct when I ng+. Dropping a nuke onto like 50 slimes ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also is there really no way to turn off the objective indicator? You can toggle everything in the game but I haven't been able to find a way to get rid of that one

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I don't remember, but make sure you zoom the camera out if you haven't already. It really helps with bigger enemies

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I don't remember, but make sure you zoom the camera out if you haven't already. It really helps with bigger enemies

Ooo ty, this is much nicer. Also I just realized I can track another random quest in an area I'm not in and it won't show the marker.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2EkKNRBC_w

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I like the battle/driving/incidental lines in FFXV but they really should have recorded twice or even three times as many

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I like the battle/driving/incidental lines in FFXV but they really should have recorded twice or even three times as many

It's funny because when I've been dungeon crawling everybody is jabbering over each other constantly with context sensitive dialogue for an hour straight and then I get back to wandering arouund and it's all Oh hi there, opening! and Careful Noctis! lol.