Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Amanda Knox is completely, 100% innocent and just accidentally got caught up in the idiotic fantasies of a bored police detective who thought he was Sherlock Holmes

Seriously, watch the Amanda Knox documentary on Netflix. It's one of the most terrifying films I've seen, because it shows how at any time you could be locked up for a crime you had nothing to do with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Joementum posted:

imposing an upfront tax on 401ks is such an insanely bad idea that i'm now convinced that's exactly what they're going to do

are they going to put a backend tax on roth iras lmfao

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Labor hero Ronald Reagan

you laugh but the 80s gop really did get some of the hardhats to vote for the gipper by pointing out that he had technically been a labor leader (president of screen actors guild)

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

I'd like a modernized liberal city of a good size to live in in like, the northern great plains with a massive sweep of plains to the east and gorgeous mountains to my west but also not being totally dominated by psychopath conservatives

There's probably places like that in Colorado come to think of it.

already got my spot in Seattle

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/900816612890075136

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

uhh no amanda knox obviously murdered all those pople LOL

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

sex/reverse sex page

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"I followed his other twitter account, @realNarendraModi"

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

I was happy that the bot guy got caught but then i realized he was probably doing it to feed his family and is now trying to do damage control so he doesn't let them down :smith: gently caress capitalism

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

This fucker has me blocked for some reason. I bet I'm on a bot list or something that gets shared as a plugin to tweetdeck or something. FUCKER.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
69 96

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

seattle is a great place to start a white family imho

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

ArmZ posted:

are they going to put a backend tax on roth iras lmfao

i'll riot. that would gently caress me hard.

TRUMP

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

soooomeone doesn't understand the impact this would have on investing lmao

it defeats the entire purpose of 401ks/IRAs: encourage people to set aside money while they're earning more by reducing their taxable income for that year. the trade off is that you're required to take withdrawals at 70+ and that counts as taxable employment income when you're retired. or your decedents when you die and they set up inherited iras

assuming this onlyl applies to 401ks people will just move to IRAs which (1) doesnt change much except you get a tax refund at the end of the year instead of having payroll handle it and (2) reduces the total amount people will contribute to tax-deferred accounts (401ks have ~$17K caps, IRAs $5,500 i think)

taxing them up front just turns them into roth IRAs, which are accounts funded with post-tax income which have their own rules for withdrawals, but the withdrawals are tax free because you've already been taxed on those funds.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Amanda Knox is completely, 100% innocent and just accidentally got caught up in the idiotic fantasies of a bored police detective who thought he was Sherlock Holmes

Seriously, watch the Amanda Knox documentary on Netflix. It's one of the most terrifying films I've seen, because it shows how at any time you could be locked up for a crime you had nothing to do with.

it was the single most talked about thing when I was in college

simultaneously a case study, a scarlet letter, and a martyr of America

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
everyone is talking about jerry travone's anti-semitic tweets but few are mentioning the time he got banned from a wresting reality show on youtube for homophobic tweets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2UorUEFaUc

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Ruzihm posted:

I was happy that the bot guy got caught but then i realized he was probably doing it to feed his family and is now trying to do damage control so he doesn't let them down :smith: gently caress capitalism

cops are doing the same thing, comrade

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Nice ecin

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

I did a thing posted:

i think she witnessed the entire thing, but didn't actively participate.

a murder cuck?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

probably a dumb question, but is there any kind of action taken against people running bots like that? if not, wouldn't they just immediately start a new one?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

cumshitter posted:

it defeats the entire purpose of 401ks/IRAs: encourage people to set aside money while they're earning more by reducing their taxable income for that year. the trade off is that you're required to take withdrawals at 70+ and that counts as taxable employment income when you're retired. or your decedents when you die and they set up inherited iras

assuming this onlyl applies to 401ks people will just move to IRAs which (1) doesnt change much except you get a tax refund at the end of the year instead of having payroll handle it and (2) reduces the total amount people will contribute to tax-deferred accounts (401ks have ~$17K caps, IRAs $5,500 i think)

taxing them up front just turns them into roth IRAs, which are accounts funded with post-tax income which have their own rules for withdrawals, but the withdrawals are tax free because you've already been taxed on those funds.

Also, unless I misunderstand something, an up front tax means you have less money earning interest year on year and thus less at the end even if the withdrawal is untaxed, even assuming the up front amount is at the same rate you would've paid otherwise

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

What's he thinking?

I'm guessing its about Dick Dorkins.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Weeping Wound posted:

it was the single most talked about thing when I was in college

simultaneously a case study, a scarlet letter, and a martyr of America

the italian criminal justice system is more hosed up than the american, which is really hard for me to comprehend, but somehow it is true

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Zyla posted:

just orb

so the usual is: stand near the glowing tube of molten metal as the big thing smashes it down and things are usually cool no biggie?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Zyla posted:

HOLY loving poo poo

gently caress YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

sorry zyla

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Ruzihm posted:

this is true of a lot of them

although there are some bot farms made by some rich people in SE asia, rich people probably don't make the majority of them

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i cant believe amanda knox murdered jfk

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
niceecin

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

:m'thinky:

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

mormonpartyboat posted:

i cant believe amanda knox murdered jfk

jimmy hoffa helped.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Myron Baloney posted:

lol one of my teenage sons is a little Marx fan and while shopping for used books with his mom he bought "Heritage Guide to the Constitution" and then got really mad when he got home and found out what the heritage foundation is. He showed it to me and I laughed pretty hard when I saw Ed Meese's name on the cover. He wants to take it back but I told him to try reading it. He's afraid it'll turn him into a proud boy or something. At least he also got David Harvey's Companion to Capital on my advice.

lol your kid is going to kill you some day

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the palindrome sex page

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/JerryTravone/status/504398564198715398

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

Also, unless I misunderstand something, an up front tax means you have less money earning interest year on year and thus less at the end even if the withdrawal is untaxed, even assuming the up front amount is at the same rate you would've paid otherwise

if theyre taxing the deposits thats insane, and yes that would be the result.

i assumed after reading the tweet that they just wouldnt allow a 401k contribution to lower your taxes on an individual paycheck. for exampel: a $2,000 pay check that contributes $200 to a 401K every pay cycle would be taxed for the full $2,000 rather than the $1,800 it would be currently.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
postin on double couple 4some sex page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
it owns that the last two alt right randos trump retweeted turned out to be guys with video game youtube channels

• Locked thread