Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
woo 7000

unlike ed balls i fail at EVERYTHING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

so uh what are those numbers signifying?

total accumulated precipitation in inches

7day qpf = 7 day quantitative precipitation forecast. Usually American forecasts use dirty imperialist units too.

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

H5N1 posted:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

H5N1 posted:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
https://twitter.com/jackfitzdc/status/900784922897649664

That's a loving drop.

Trump attacking his own people having an appreciable affect.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

H5N1 posted:

He looks like Gillian Anderson and that alone is worth the vote.

Covok
May 27, 2013

https://qz.com/1056319/what-is-the-...utm_source=qzfb

Apparently, the alt-right has grown a lot in membership since Charlottesville. I thought that it was damaging to them but apparently not.

Covok
May 27, 2013

http://splinternews.com/charlottesville-was-a-preview-of-the-future-of-the-repu-1797988745

I would read this if I was all y'all. The article makes a very good case that the people at Charlottesville are going to be the ones leading the party soon. Since George Bush, the Republicans have not been able to really get young people and most have gone Democrat. This includes Generation X. However, they still have such a control on the electorate that even with their base dying off because they lost a generation of recruits, they will still be a party and will not collapse like the whig party.

So, if they missed a generation of potential recruits but still own so much of the election that there's no way they can be destroyed or even lose elections, what does that mean for us?

All of the college-age Republicans who attended Charlottesville and only became Republican due to race resentment are going to be the people put up for election and guard going to be the people who are going to win and control the nation.

I'm not talking 2018, I'm talking after a Democrat takes over the White House and the opposition party gets seats again. I know a lot of people would argue with me if I said it happened as early as 2018 to let me propose it that way to show that it is kind of inevitabile.

So, look forward to America being between a party that is a mix of conservative and liberals vs literal fascism.

And something tells me we will not be able to survive once they take over again after the party is fully fall to the fascists.

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
you all need a pencil full of lead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twuzki0ZpDo

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Covok posted:

https://qz.com/1056319/what-is-the-...utm_source=qzfb

Apparently, the alt-right has grown a lot in membership since Charlottesville. I thought that it was damaging to them but apparently not.

this isn't surprising, all publicity is good publicity for them right now

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Covok posted:

That's a loving drop.

I think trump's approval with his base is way more inelastic than any other politician with their base.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

[extremely joementum voice] wow, what a total coincidence, nothing suspicious here

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Hurricane Harvey
Heil Hitler

:thunk:

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Houston looks to be mega hosed. It's gonna catch the east end of the storm in the beginning and get berated until Tuesday. This storm is going to reform again in the gulf too.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

when does this thing start doing damage

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

that question could also be applied to TRUMP

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

H5N1 posted:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Edit: drat you Covok, when did you start posting in here

Here is the actually tweet chain if people want it
https://twitter.com/conspirator0/status/900158823515770880

The Glumslinger has issued a correction as of 22:26 on Aug 24, 2017

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

I think trump's approval with his base is way more inelastic than any other politician with their base.

it's almost as if nothing matters

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

triple sulk posted:

unlike trump the hurricane may actually do something at some point though

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

McConnells favorbikirt ratings are meaningless

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

Another huge one these twitter threads

thank goodness you quoted both, because

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yinlock posted:

[extremely joementum voice] wow, what a total coincidence, nothing suspicious here

[extremely Mika voice] Well, let's move on to hillary's e-mails!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

euphronius posted:

McConnells favorbikirt ratings are meaningless

as long as he has an r next to his name he's fine

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
during the election one of my co workers was like trump is the lesser of the two evils he's bad but at least he doesn't literally murder people like the clintons <insert clinton body bags here>

he was also like the russia investigations are to distract from the seth rich murder by clinton scandal

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Yinlock posted:

thank goodness you quoted both, because

Edited

Covok
May 27, 2013

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Trump is kind of a cult leader to the 50+ and 18-20 year old Republican demographic. I legitimately think some of them (not the entire 34%, more like 25%) do view him as a religious leader as much as a political leader and that's why his base is so loving inelastic.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

triple sulk posted:

when does this thing start doing damage

looks like it makes landfall super early saturday morning

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

http://arzamas.academy/materials/1269

guys do this quiz

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
edit: forget it

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Covok posted:

lots of tweets

it's astounding and almost admirable how effective this low effort trolling from Russia is. they have sabotaged multiple world changing elections by doing this poo poo, while the hateful cultures of the UK and the USA swallow it up without a second thought.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

triple sulk posted:

Storm surge: Fri Night / Sat Morning most likely near corpus christi (and near high tide lol), and given the current model tracks again around TX/LA border on Tuesday
Winds: Probably pretty local to Corpus Christi Sat morning
Rain: Lmao rip Texas for the next week

I saw reports on some weather forums that parts of Corpus Christi are out of unleaded gasoline

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

g, u?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

this new yorker article on carl icahn is hilarious i should've read it sooner

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/08/28/carl-icahns-failed-raid-on-washington

quote:

I wrote back to the spokeswoman, asking when Icahn had been let go. She replied, “There was no ‘effective’ end date, because there was never a formal appointment or title after January 20.” This was transparently false; Icahn had been named a special adviser to “the President,” not to “the President-elect.” On March 1st, Icahn’s company told the S.E.C. that he was “currently” a Trump adviser. And why had the White House lawyer, Stefan Passantino, recused himself on January 20th from “any matters related to Carl Icahn” if, as of that very day, Icahn had no role in the Administration?

Instead of simply breaking off a questionable liaison, the White House seems intent on going further, insisting that the liaison never happened in the first place. But, in the event that state or federal investigators do examine the legality of Icahn’s role in the early days of the Trump Administration, this heedless revisionism is unlikely to withstand scrutiny. After all, if Icahn had really been dismissed on the first day of the Administration, it might have behooved the White House to tell Bob Dinneen, or the senators who wrote all those letters. Or Icahn.

On Friday, August 18th, four days after the White House disavowed Icahn to me, he tweeted, “Today, with President Trump’s blessing, I ceased to act as special advisor to the President on issues relating to regulatory reform.” In a letter posted to his Web site, Icahn explained that he had spoken with Trump that day. His resignation came during a week when numerous private-sector advisers distanced themselves from Trump, in response to his equivocal comments in the aftermath of a white-supremacist rally in Charlottesville. But Icahn made no mention of these events, claiming instead, “I chose to end this arrangement,” and citing “the insinuations of a handful of your Democratic critics.” He insisted, “I never had access to nonpublic information or profited from my position, nor do I believe that my role presented conflicts of interests.”

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Covok posted:

Trump is kind of a cult leader to the 50+ and 18-20 year old Republican demographic. I legitimately think some of them (not the entire 34%, more like 25%) do view him as a religious leader as much as a political leader and that's why his base is so loving inelastic.

they brainwashed themselves

the worse trump got the more fanatical their belief had to be to justify supporting him and welp

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Covok posted:

That's a loving drop.

Mitch is a big fat MESS

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Covok posted:

See also that "THANK LORD JESUS FOR TRUMP" woman and also how evangelicals refuse to abandon him despite him being a walking testimony to unrepentant sinful living.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Just have Rick Perry turn up his smartguy glasses and build a weather machine

• Locked thread