Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Jazzzzz posted:

fuel-rated canister or not, strapping it directly over a header and in line to get smacked by the wheel when the suspension bottoms out isn't the brightest of ideas

... yep.

have you ever even seen a motorcycle before?

500excf type r fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Aug 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

EX250 Type R posted:

have you ever even seen a motorcycle before?

y-pipe/mid-pipe/splitter/whatever the gently caress you want to call it - see it down there in front of the wheel?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Jazzzzz posted:

y-pipe/mid-pipe/splitter/whatever the gently caress you want to call it - see it down there in front of the wheel?

Pictured: Gallons of fuel mounted directly over four (4) headers

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
touche, but said gallons of fuel are in a container not likely to be crushed/opened by moving parts of the motorcycle while in regular operation due to its placement

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Jazzzzz posted:

touche, but said gallons of fuel are in a container not likely to be crushed/opened by moving parts of the motorcycle while in regular operation due to its placement

regular operation like filling up your gas tank and oops gas is now dripping down onto the motor and exhaust

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
oh no, a little trickle of gas, whatever shall I do? Why the gently caress are goons always so goddamned pedantic

Tell you what, strap a knockoff MSR container full of gas under your rear fender and go hit some whoops, let me know how it goes. Probably not going to start any fires but you never know! If not, at least you'll have a clean chain.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

EX250 Type R posted:

regular operation like filling up your gas tank and oops gas is now dripping down onto the motor and exhaust

That's what you get for not running a dry break and filling only with dump cans.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
If I'm not careful filling my bike I can end up spraying gas everywhere. Maybe Italian pump nozzles are a different size idk.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Jazzzzz posted:

oh no, a little trickle of gas, whatever shall I do? Why the gently caress are goons always so goddamned pedantic

Tell you what, strap a knockoff MSR container full of gas under your rear fender and go hit some whoops, let me know how it goes. Probably not going to start any fires but you never know! If not, at least you'll have a clean chain.

Honestly, if i were to go hit whoops on a speed triple i dont think i would care about the aux gas tank

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I dickwaved gas out of my race can all over my racebike yesterday :supaburn:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

EX250 Type R posted:

That sounds pretty incompetent. I haven't spilled more than a drop or two of gas on my bike while filling up in like, five years

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

On my first long trip I filled while sitting on the bike, then spilled a bunch of gas on the hot cylinder head where it promptly boiled off while I was figuring out whether to step gently off the bike or throw it down. Have almost always filled while standing next to it since then, but I got way better at not spilling.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

http://i.imgur.com/vXhZeHx.mp4

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That's this thread right now.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

U guys R freaks... I always pump gas everywhere all over my biek Xcept the gas tank then quickly mop it up with a sponge into the gas tank... 2 get the essense of the bik inside. Freaks

Proof: in french gas is called "essense" that is how I know how 2 do this.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGQwbQwsicw

a cute sea otter
Apr 24, 2017

I shall personally eat your entrails on my tummy!
Seems like the appropriate place to ask this - I just got a coleman petrol stove for some motocamping. What's the best way to fill it without lugging a funnel around? I've been jamming the pump nozzle up against the stove and hoping some goes in, but would it be easier to fill the motorcycle first and then pour some into the stove from the tank?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

a cute sea otter posted:

Seems like the appropriate place to ask this - I just got a coleman petrol stove for some motocamping. What's the best way to fill it without lugging a funnel around? I've been jamming the pump nozzle up against the stove and hoping some goes in, but would it be easier to fill the motorcycle first and then pour some into the stove from the tank?

Syphon probably. Just a length of clear hose. There's a trick to doing it with your thumb instead of sucking fuel into your mouth but it's tough to explain.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Pop the fuel hose off your carb, stick the end in the stove, and set the petcock to prime.

a cute sea otter
Apr 24, 2017

I shall personally eat your entrails on my tummy!
I knew there was a good reason to not get FI!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Already posted 2 pages back there boss.

Try to keep up with the thread please.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

JB50 posted:

lol I knew it looked familiar.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

thow a kit on it

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

The Bananana posted:

Already posted 2 posts back, hoss.

Try to keep up with the page, please.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
ungh yeah, that's the stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh4PZVCPK6o

Ducati testing their pre-production V4 bike. Can you say $2k valve checks?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Those are either going to have lifepsans measured in minutes or be amazingly robust and resilient ala rotax twins. There can be no middle ground.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have a feeling they want to win world superbike some more, so rip your wallet

I'd love one, even if it takes three weekends to shim 16 lifters and 16 closers.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Even on that lovely cam's mic it sounds amazing. Please don't come out for the street in the next year, if so rip my wallet.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I can't wait for the Monster 1200 V4R! :haw:

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
rotax twin so good, my nuts love it

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
More V4's for the V4 god

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

http://www.bikeexif.com/buell-blast-custom

Best custom build of the best bike ever made

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
i would love to ride that

into a dumpster

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Dog Case posted:

http://www.bikeexif.com/buell-blast-custom

Best custom build of the best bike ever made

Looks like he's improving the Blast the only way possible, by whittling it down to nothing.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Razzled posted:

i would love to ride that

into a dumpster

it looks like you're already too late. jesus.
I mean I guess it couldn't have gotten any worse, so there's that.

e: drat it looks like he put a shitton of effort into that thing though.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

it looks like you're already too late. jesus.
I mean I guess it couldn't have gotten any worse, so there's that.

e: drat it looks like he put a shitton of effort into that thing though.

Literally anything you do to a Blast makes it better so that thing rules