Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Jedit posted:

ROMEO: Therein lies true tragedy, for thou hast bomb-rear end titties.

His favorite Juliet was obviously Olivia Hussey.

quote:

She was not legally able to attend the London premiere of Romeo and Juliet (1968) because she was under 18 and the film contained a nude scene -- even though she was the one who was nude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the UK’s Brexit negotiations – EU says Britain is still debating its own position months after triggering article 50"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor run out of insults as press conference proves the time for talking is over

Mail:
Mac on... Britain's laziness epidemic

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

I always love how little thought conservatives put into this.

"So you're telling me that people who pursue further education are quite largely more liberal. Hmmm.... this MUST mean that there is a huge university conspiracy that brainwashes all of these college-educated young people into becoming more liberal. This is much more likely than increased education and exposure to different ideas/cultures leading to less conservative views. Now excuse me while I go watch almost nothing but Fox News and complain about paying taxes for schools."

I think I've heard this opinion from almost every old conservative I know who sits 2 feet away from Fox on their TV.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Ben, you fool, those liberals won't replace the heads on Mount Rushmore. They'll give those sacred hills back to those Native Americans that you probably hate for being on our land before we got here.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I didn't know Kelly published on Thursdays now.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Trump: "Who's this random nobody hogging the limelight?"

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Corner Skelly.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Reminded me of that one Rob Smith Jr cartoon so I went to see if he's done anything lately, all I could find was a Twitter feed that makes him sound like a genuine maniac

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The description is also gold

quote:

You Are Not Forgotten

When I decided to paint this picture, I wondered if this was taking it too far. But, sometimes you have to speak forcefully, like the brushstrokes of my painting.

Many Americans have felt forgotten by the establishment in Washington. I’m talking about the people who are more interested in themselves, and their political careers.

How many veterans have been neglected? How many of our police officers have been marginalized? How many families are suffering because of poor healthcare, limited opportunities, and government intrusion?

Last year we elected President Trump. He expressed by his words and demeanor what Americans wanted - a man who was not going to bow down to Washington or other countries. A man that would not forget the “forgotten men and women” of this country who elected him.

I want a president that will crush the enemies of liberty, justice, and American prosperity.

They may have the power to bruise his heal, but he will have the power to crush their head!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
To me this is saying that your personal politics are inescapably determined by your family and that would suck.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

What does the shadowy tentacle slithering out of Trump's pant's leg represent? His true form as an evil, mindless, Lovecraftian horror?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Pants Donkey posted:

“Don't bother,” he said, as the crowd booed. “It's only a single voice. And not a very powerful voice.” - Cartoon Supervillain President

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Pants Donkey posted:

John McNaughton, master of symbolism, has decided to portray treading on snakes as a good thing.

Also:
Political Cartoons 2017: Sometimes you have to speak forcefully, like the brushstrokes of my painting.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

So are we supposed to tread on snakes or not?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

What does the shadowy tentacle slithering out of Trump's pant's leg represent? His true form as an evil, mindless, Lovecraftian horror?

Trump defeating Obama's Negro Voodoo?

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

Saint Sputnik posted:

Reminded me of that one Rob Smith Jr cartoon so I went to see if he's done anything lately, all I could find was a Twitter feed that makes him sound like a genuine maniac

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Jurgan posted:

So are we supposed to tread on snakes or not?

You can step on the black ones all you like.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
What are Donna Brazile and Willie Nelson doing there?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

You're in a park, why are you planting a tree in the middle of the walkway?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I know a goon (probably Rorus) made an edit of this that was really good.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

seiferguy posted:

I know a goon (probably Rorus) made an edit of this that was really good.

It was people going theough the politoons machine, and one was changed to "I Love Death."

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Cat Mattress posted:

You're in a park, why are you planting a tree in the middle of the walkway?

Obviously because he can't paint any other background besides the one in literally all of his other paintings.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Jabberlock posted:

Obviously because he can't paint any other background besides the one in literally all of his other paintings.

It's actually amazing because it makes it super hard to tell if anything is an edit or a real painting

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Melania forgot to tuck his tail in before she let him outside.

also, LOL at

quote:

I’m talking about the people who are more interested in themselves,

Sandpuppy fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Aug 25, 2017

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Pants Donkey posted:

quote:

When I decided to paint this picture, I wondered if this was taking it too far. But, sometimes you have to speak forcefully, like the brushstrokes of my painting.

*AF Branco finishes his most recent cartoon*

"Is the message here too profound? How can I be sure that America is actually ready for my insight?"

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I see the pitcher of liberal tears is getting good use.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

When the Cthulhu edit comes out there should be a bunch of Robert Muellers looking pissed off in the background.

My spellcheck had Cthulhu! Nice.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Trump straight up looks like he's making fun of their lovely tree.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Lurdiak posted:

Trump straight up looks like he's making fun of their lovely tree.

Conservatives confuse that expression with compassion since he makes it so often.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Pants Donkey posted:

'Christ and Caesar' by Fred Clark posted:

In Tim LaHaye’s theology, God is not revealed in the lowly birth, life, and crucifixion of Jesus. That whole thing was a kind of mistake. That’s why the Second Coming is so important for LaHaye — it’s how God will correct the failure of Jesus’ first coming. And how will that happen? Jesus will come back just exactly like Caesar, but bigger and stronger and meaner and deadlier. He’ll kill all the bad people and then judge them from a big imperial throne. And then he’ll kill all the bad people again, perpetually, forever. (The Turbo Jesus of Left Behind is, as we’ve often noted, a monster.)

Those books had millions of readers and devotees, but millions of other American Christians who’ve never read them still have an idea of Jesus and of divine power that looks a lot more like LaHaye’s Turbo Jesus than like Hart’s “crucified liberator from Galilee.”

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

yesssss

I can't wait for the Lovecraftized version

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Is that Obama standing on the far right?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Either Ramirez needs a new pen or he's having some lettering issues.

Stevoblunt
Mar 12, 2008

What the gently caress is Ramirez trying to say there? "We had a premonotonous"? "We're psychedelics"? What the hell? Did he have a stroke?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It might be an attempt to make fun of the cliche of the sports commentator who uses big words he mispronounces or doesn't know the meaning of, but that's a very dated joke if so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
He's making them look stupid via some really lame malapropisms, because that's incisive commentary

He could actually have had a stroke, though. You'd have to ask his editor

• Locked thread