Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Gobias Ind. posted:

Lou Williams is the funniest Toronto inclusion to me. I know he won 6th man, but the dude played 80 games as a Raptor.

Yeah but he averaged 2 girlfriends/48. GOAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/world_wide_wob/status/900856745395879938

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/CelticsNewsNBA/status/900845093392961540

Love that knowing smile in the background.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
https://twitter.com/CJMcCollum/status/900850300340260864
lol

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

This deserves it's own post instead of an edit to my last one.

Have we talked about the Agua Caliente Clippers name yet? If Noche Latina starts happening in the G League do they become El Agua Caliente Clippers?
https://twitter.com/nbagleague/status/900851526041837568

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Anals of History posted:

TBA's dead (again) with the main producer leaving ESPN and it's not clear if ESPN is going to revive it in any way or stick with Lockdown and The Jump. I'd love to see a return of the Windhorst versions because it hit a nice balance of content and fun. The non-ESPN people have gone and started The Basketball Friends, which so far has zero basketball content and is a little high on its own farts.

Going to try Dunc'ed On, Open Floor, and The Starters.

Oh for real? I thought they were just on vacation or something, I guess that explains why there hasn't been a new one in awhile.

And yeah two hours of Zach Harper laughing at his own jokes is gonna get a hard pass from me

Spacebump posted:

Histories should stay with cities when franchises move. I can't imagine anyone in Utah cares about Pistol Pete's time as a Jazzman. He only played in Utah for 17 games or so. Meanwhile in NOLA at Champions Square.

They should have actually shown up when the team was there then imo

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I would recommend the mock offseason if you're trying out Dunc'ed On, because it gives a good impression of their ability to predict the NBA as far as how the cap works. They were pretty accurate in being incredibly wary of big deals going down signing-wise before free agency started.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Space Camp fuckup posted:

He was my favorite too. 3 pointers have always been cool

Starters: Steve Nash (96), Paul Westphal (88), Shawn Marion (90), Tom Chambers (89), Amar’e Stoudemire (91)

Reserves: Dennis Johnson (92), Kevin Johnson (90), Jason Kidd (88), Connie Hawkins (88), Larry Nance (88), Dan Majerle (87), Jeff Hornacek (86), Goran Dragic (86), Leandro Barbosa (84), Cedric Ceballos (84)

lol fake mvp Steve Nash at 96 rating. get your heads out of your rear end 2k

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I'm going to fight you

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Gotta pump up real Steve Nash given how much they've bloated dollar store Steve Nash's rating

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Brolander posted:

if the nba had listened to me and forced NOLA to name themselves the Swing instead of the fuckin Pelicans they could be the spiritual successor if not in fact

No. Jazz is/was NOLA birthed totally. Swing wasn't, it was more N.Y. and Chicago. Schwinggg however

edit

Zogo posted:

Pete Maravich was such a gigantic chucker that he'd probably nullify the other two. It's the same situation the Lakers faced in the 1960s with Elgin Baylor derailing West/Goodrich and other teammates. It isn't a coincidence that the LA Lakers won their first title after Elgin left the team.

I don't think Maravich ever played with quality like Dr. J. because he was a passing wizard as well as a gunner.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Mr. Mambold posted:

No. Jazz is/was NOLA birthed totally. Swing wasn't, it was more N.Y. and Chicago. Schwinggg however

if your jazz doesn't swing,then i am not sure what to tell you

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Athanatos posted:

No Dale Davis, No Sale.

My man

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I dunno how y'all can listen to dunc'd on without falling asleep

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Brolander posted:

if your jazz doesn't swing,then i am not sure what to tell you

You don't need to tell me a goddamned thing
about my jazz and its swing.
Go make a herd of babies your own self
and then come back and talk shop with me, ya damned elf!

jk brolanderseph u know ilu

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

love to talk about assets and the Room Exception for 2 hours

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

find me the 2k dipshit who put steve kerr on the bulls' all time roster instead of The Captain Kirk Hinrich

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Detroit's is funny
Stackhouse and Rip Hamilton are way overrated, Ben Wallace is underrated. No Sheed? No Zjelko Rebraca?

Anals of History posted:

TBA's dead (again) with the main producer leaving ESPN and it's not clear if ESPN is going to revive it in any way or stick with Lockdown and The Jump. I'd love to see a return of the Windhorst versions because it hit a nice balance of content and fun. The non-ESPN people have gone and started The Basketball Friends, which so far has zero basketball content and is a little high on its own farts.

Going to try Dunc'ed On, Open Floor, and The Starters.

https://twitter.com/Jade_TBF

TBA is back in some form as TBF
Most of the funny contributors are/were not employed by ESPN. Only Amin El-Hassan is still there
I guess if you like windhorse he'll probably move to Lowe Post or Lockdown, which is awful because of Pablo Torre and the other guy being wet blankets.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

Detroit's is funny
Stackhouse and Rip Hamilton are way overrated, Ben Wallace is underrated. No Sheed? No Zjelko Rebraca?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

The New Orleans Hard Bop

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

MourningView posted:

Some people enjoy basketball thoughts based on reality and not "gut" feelings? Their live shows are pretty good at breaking down the NBA at an advanced level, especially if you want to learn to watch off-ball.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Mr. Mambold posted:

You don't need to tell me a goddamned thing
about my jazz and its swing.
Go make a herd of babies your own self
and then come back and talk shop with me, ya damned elf!

jk brolanderseph u know ilu

repartee is the raison d'ętre

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Tae posted:

Some people enjoy basketball thoughts based on reality and not "gut" feelings? Their live shows are pretty good at breaking down the NBA at an advanced level, especially if you want to learn to watch off-ball.

Lol

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

MourningView posted:

They should have actually shown up when the team was there then imo

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't part of the reason they moved so the owner could be in a better climate for his wife? (in addition to not having great attendance)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm starting a podcast where i read transcripts of dunc'd on in a slingblade voice

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Serious basketball fans never make anything approaching a joke and exclusively discuss players in the context of their cap number

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MourningView posted:

Serious basketball fans never make anything approaching a joke and exclusively discuss players in he context of their cap number

What podcast is this ? Sounds great

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

What's wrong with being a NERD, jock man?

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
anyone listen to kareem on maron's show

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Go Ahead and Ooh and Aah at that Dunk, Idiot, That Guy's A Terrible Asset
https://medium.com/@byctom/go-ahead-and-ooh-and-aah-for-that-dunk-idiots-that-guys-a-terrible-asset-69fbe10b8e2b

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
mother'd always spit, "you're a terrible asset"

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i'm starting a podcast where i read transcripts of dunc'd on in a slingblade voice

"Some folks call it a jump shot. I call it a hesi pull-up jimbo."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They have an actual monthly Dunk of the Month segment, which is how I saw this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqA42Z2IKh0

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Brolander posted:

anyone listen to kareem on maron's show

so, uh, what was it like when you met lorne jackson

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Do you think Kyrie Irving will ever play defense?

What's Boston's starting five? Kyrie, Smart, Hayward, Morris, Horford?
Then Rozier, somebody, somebody, Brown, Baynes, Yabusele is injured, minutes for Tatum somewhere, I don't know if they're going to play 10 guys again, I don't know if that's a Brad Stevens thing or was necessitated by their roster

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'm interested

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dunc'd On would be better if he cut like half his content. They'll spend an hour on some guy signing a D-League contract.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

R.D. Mangles posted:

I met him a couple years ago and damned if I remembered to bring that character up, which I would have loved to discuss. Instead we blithered about the Sooners and Razorbacks.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Dejan Bimble posted:

Detroit's is funny

Laimbeer is ridiculously underrated too. I mean gently caress that guy but he was really good.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Dejan Bimble posted:

Do you think Kyrie Irving will ever play defense?

What's Boston's starting five? Kyrie, Smart, Hayward, Morris, Horford?
Then Rozier, somebody, somebody, Brown, Baynes, Yabusele is injured, minutes for Tatum somewhere, I don't know if they're going to play 10 guys again, I don't know if that's a Brad Stevens thing or was necessitated by their roster

Kyrie, Hayward, Brown, Morris, Horford? Hayward isn't super agile but he can stick with shooters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

This is a pro click

Lost it at "Let these cretins guzzle their beer and deluxe nacho packages while yelling for dunks and (it is almost impossible to believe this could happen) mid-range jump shots."

• Locked thread