Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

Basically. All we can hope for is something new that fills that hole

We had that! It was Futurama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
Futurama is not a good show, and it never was.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
The last three seasons of futurama and the movie were so loving bad and chock full of pop culture references that were stale when they came out including
-horrible fast and the furious episode
- leelas singing boil Susan Boil ::rolleyes:
-yo gabba gabba ripoff

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

berth ell pup posted:

Futurama is not a good show, and it never was.

Horseshit.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Whatev posted:

Randomly watched a bad episode on youtube yesterday so here is a really embarrassing bit from it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kknltynNco

It's almost like every clip from a later season linked in this thread is successively more and more impossibly bad and painfully unfunny. I would be embarrassed if my friends and family knew I worked on that. How could an animator, writer, voice actor, or any of the staff involved in that scene live knowing they worked on that trash?

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

It's almost like every clip from a later season linked in this thread is successively more and more impossibly bad and painfully unfunny. I would be embarrassed if my friends and family knew I worked on that. How could an animator, writer, voice actor, or any of the staff involved in that scene live knowing they worked on that trash?

jesus christ that's bad

like someone got a book of ethnic jokes from 50 years ago and just said "gently caress it draw that"

hahahaha jamaicans talk funny and smoke weed
chinamen? ching chong fortune cooke ror!
irish are a bunch of beaten-down depressed drunks!!!

i think we've struck a vein of comedy gold here people!!!!!

berth ell pup fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Aug 25, 2017

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Whatev posted:

Randomly watched a bad episode on youtube yesterday so here is a really embarrassing bit from it
jesus christ

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Whatev posted:

The video thumbnail is more than enough, thank you.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

Tiberius Christ posted:

Asking for a Simpsons reboot is like asking for a Flintstones reboot

I know there's a recent Flintstones comic which includes such gem lines as "Barney, we committed genocide." I hear it's good, but I've only seen bizarre panels with no context.

Also that muslim episode was apparently real? I thought it was someone making up a dumb joke plot. It was the episode Mypods And Boomsticks, with the b-plot being that Lisa gets a MyPad (iPad) from Mapple (Apple) and racks up such a high bill from buying songs on MyTunes that she must plead with Steve Mobs himself.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Still can't believe "Mapple"

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Whatev posted:

At least it accurately portrays the expression you have watching any new Simpsons.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I want to say that the joke with that Krusty clip was supposed to be about how Krusty's programming is lazy, crass, and offensive, but somehow that got lost in translation and the jokes ended up being played straight. More than likely t

54 40 or gently caress posted:

The last three seasons of futurama and the movie were so loving bad and chock full of pop culture references that were stale when they came out including
-yo gabba gabba ripoff

This has come up like 4 times in this thread, there were good episodes from the final seasons of Futurama. Many of them hold up well to the original run. It's just the first several were awful and everyone tuned out after the Susan Boil episode.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Hell, even Archie seems to have had a successful reboot recently. To be honest when I heard about that I was more surprised that the original series had been going for so drat long. They even have a separate Netflix series reboot too.

I think the last Archie comics I read were from the 70s, so I wonder if anyone else follows them and can comment on if the comic got really bad or not by the end, and if the reboot is any good. Considering that they've also been rebooting all of the spinoffs, I guess it must have been a success.

It took Archie around 60 years to get modernized though, so the simpsons still have some time to spare.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

54 40 or gently caress posted:

-yo gabba gabba ripoff

I remember one of the movies having al gore make a joke about $100 a gallon gas then "scary music" coming on. I remember thinking at the time wow that joke is already incredibly run into the ground and dated, especially since gas prices had slumped when it aired :v:

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
sideshow mao is a good joke at least

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Original_Z posted:

It took Archie around 60 years to get modernized though, so the simpsons still have some time to spare.

No, dude. Archie comics have always been modernized and kept in the present, that particular change you're talking about was a completely different thing called the "New Riverdale" timeline. Classic Archie remains.
Those character have always just been in highschool. They are always in highschool in the present year, and update accordingly.

Example:

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Riptor posted:

Still can't believe "Mapple"

This quarter-assed, zero-effort non-joke may actually be the most audience-insulting, gently caress-you piece of writing the Simpsons ever gave us. It's as if they basically flat out said, "Oh, you want us to write comedy, huh? SUCK MY DICK." *Extends hand for paycheck*

I mean come on, at least TRY to make a joke name.

"Apphole Computers." "Crapple Computers." "App... blow Computers." There you go, three lame rear end joke names that are nonetheless still actual jokes that I just pulled out of my rear end this second.

Hell, just use a different fruit. "Guava Computers." "Banana Computers." "Coconut Computers."

"Slapple Computers." "Blabble Computers." "Fapple Computers." "Flabble Computers." Come on, I know these aren't exactly comedy gold but at least I've expended five minutes of effort here...

loving... WOOZLE WUZZLE Computers...

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
Lol, Apphole is hilariously accurate. Kudos

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Even GTA V's iFruit, while not funny in the least, technically qualifies as a joke.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

isnt that just GTAs schtick? make the most obvious joke except with violence and sex

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
"Look, dad! Uncle Herbert's back and he's revived his wealth by creating ApPowell Computers and their signature devices, the iPowelld, the iPowd..."
"That's right, Lisa. Homer, my company is looking to branch out one more time into mobile phones. But they're so complicated and I realized I needed the most common, simple everyman I could find to help us design a phone anyone could understand how to use. Please help me design the iPhomer."

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Tiberius Christ posted:

Asking for a Simpsons reboot is like asking for a Flintstones reboot

sure they could do it, but whats the point? the Simpsons of the 90s is dead and long gone and will never come back

Go back to the sex cave

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Wasn't Seth MacFarlane working on a Flintstones reboot a few years back?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

berth ell pup posted:

jesus christ that's bad

like someone got a book of ethnic jokes from 50 years ago and just said "gently caress it draw that"

hahahaha jamaicans talk funny and smoke weed
chinamen? ching chong fortune cooke ror!
irish are a bunch of beaten-down depressed drunks!!!

i think we've struck a vein of comedy gold here people!!!!!

In theory Sideshow Mao is a good visual gag but it's utterly wasted. The Irish one didn't even make sense because the Irish aren't stereotyped as mill workers.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
You want a rasta Itchy and Scratchy idea? Itchy makes up doobies for both of them but coats Scratchy's in scotch bonnet pepper sauce and the cat catches on fire and Itchy lights up off the burning fur.

Still stupid but at least mildly more creative than what they actually did.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
itt computer janitors/dunks/other underemployed goons writing the simpsons better than it currently exists.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Riptor posted:

I dunno, Ted Cruz did some pretty great impressions of his favorite tv family the stimsons

drat right he did amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVUkoKpg7YA

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

the full thing is so much worse, including when he (actual human being that he is) calls them the "simpstons" like 3 seconds into it

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Riptor posted:

the full thing is so much worse, including when he (actual human being that he is) calls them the "simpstons" like 3 seconds into it

post it you monstar!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

post it you monstar!

oh whoops thought i did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K0sRkvX4KE

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

berth ell pup posted:

itt computer janitors/dunks/other underemployed goons writing the simpsons better than it currently exists.

i'm a big fan of all the possibly real possibly not episode synopses people post

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Bart the Nihilist

Bart develops an unsettling indifference to Springfield's turmoils after becoming unhealthily involved in an online message board community.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That time Marge sent Homer to a downtown meth lab, because she didn't want the kids to like him.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

fuuuuuuuck i forgot that this was a thing

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Drink-Mix Man posted:

This quarter-assed, zero-effort non-joke may actually be the most audience-insulting, gently caress-you piece of writing the Simpsons ever gave us. It's as if they basically flat out said, "Oh, you want us to write comedy, huh? SUCK MY DICK." *Extends hand for paycheck*

I mean come on, at least TRY to make a joke name.

"Apphole Computers." "Crapple Computers." "App... blow Computers." There you go, three lame rear end joke names that are nonetheless still actual jokes that I just pulled out of my rear end this second.

Hell, just use a different fruit. "Guava Computers." "Banana Computers." "Coconut Computers."

"Slapple Computers." "Blabble Computers." "Fapple Computers." "Flabble Computers." Come on, I know these aren't exactly comedy gold but at least I've expended five minutes of effort here...

loving... WOOZLE WUZZLE Computers...

I sincerely wonder if the reason they can't make an actual joke is because they have merch with Apple.

I want the final episode to be They'll Never Stop the Simpsons.
Bart sells fidget spinners to his classmates, Lisa does the Emoji Pop, Homer tweets Trump, Marge is doxxed by Mamerican Mairlines and Maggie stares at a total eclipse. The whole thing is so momentary and dated that it breaks the fabric of time and The Simpsons reboots itself as Life in Hell.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Wang Computers and Coleco both exist in the Simpsons Universe

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
The former might just be a novelty t-shirt.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Half the ideas from They'll Never Stop The Simpsons would be better than the show. They've already had Grandpa marrying one of Marge's sisters so why not go for it?

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

You want a rasta Itchy and Scratchy idea? Itchy makes up doobies for both of them but coats Scratchy's in scotch bonnet pepper sauce and the cat catches on fire and Itchy lights up off the burning fur.

Still stupid but at least mildly more creative than what they actually did.

We could make a game out of finding a terrible new joke and spending literally 10 seconds to make it funnier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

We could make a game out of finding a terrible new joke and spending literally 10 seconds to make it funnier.

Making current Simpsons ep jokes funnier usually just involves making them 3 quarters shorter, which would involve writing 3 MORE jokes to fill the space the one unfunny joke is taking, and writing one joke is hard enough for them so you see the problem....