Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Constant posted:

Also Jamie joining team good guys :psyduck:

Well, that seems like a done deal, since he leaves Cersei disgusted to ride North after she told him that she won't send troops to fight the Others next episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Yeah, what the hell? Did Arya leave her uncle there to die alone in his cell?? Also technically wouldn't he rule the Frey lands now if all the other actual-Frey males were killed off?

We don't know if he was there - the Lannisters might have carted him off to some other dungeon.

Putting Edmure back in charge of the Riverlands should have been the focus of Arya/Sansa. Working together, learning each others strengths and weaknesses, building up Team Stark. Sansa talks to people all diplomatically and stuff, Arya murders those who say wrong things back, Bran gives crucial intel about who's loving who. It would be cathartic and set up the final season when the NK storms Winterfell and yanks it all away again. Instead we have weirdness and hostility because they needed something for them to do and a contrived conflict was the best they could come up with..

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

esperterra posted:

I miss Quaithe.

Same, I kind of liked her show look.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

skasion posted:

Same, I kind of liked her show look.

Yeah, the mask they came up with suited her well. Just a shame all her scenes were with Jorah, and she never spouted prophecy at Dany-- let alone spoke to her.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Its good that a show becomes so bad that the dumbest poo poo ever can be passed off as a leak and people are like "hmm yeah that seems entirely possible!"

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Schrodinger's Edmure. Right now he's both at the Twins and Castle Black. And who knows where else.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

some guy on the bus posted:

Why is that? Breaking Bad planned nothing out. They winged everything. They filmed Walt getting a machine gun in the final season and at the time of filming had no idea who he would use it on.

Olly = Todd

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

emanresu tnuocca posted:

You're all going to look very silly when these leaks are going to be proven true and doubly so when everyone kind of agrees it was a decent ending. I'm telling you.

Toxx it if you're so sure.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
http://i.imgur.com/GAj7xv1.gifv

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

grack posted:

Toxx it if you're so sure.

I :toxx: that they aint true

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Ehhh I'm not taking sides here but the spoiled episodes in the longer scene breakdown forms read like plausible episodes of the caliber we've gotten used to, no matter how stupid the spoilers look as bullet points.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I know this one. Edmure in the show is in the dungions at riverrun, which was controlled by the Lannister's and Walder Frey's two eldest sons. With them being murdered to death Riverrun will be under Lannister control. I would guess it will be a factor as some sort of Lannister garrison in the future if they remember it's existence. :101:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Canon ending.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The thing about the leaks that makes me believe them the most is even in a six episode final season they manage to have entire episodes where nothing loving happens.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
gently caress that poo poo if they actually have Lord Commander Edd die

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
My memory sucks

Did Arya's monologues start after her 'let's play the lying game' poo poo?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yes.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

kater posted:

The thing about the leaks that makes me believe them the most is even in a six episode final season they manage to have entire episodes where nothing loving happens.

Episode 4 is mostly filler, yeah, but if the spoilers hold up maybe these loving goons will get their on-screen conversation about supply line logistics :v:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Those spoilers seem to confirm the poop-flinging, so it's probably legit.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Constant posted:

I just cant get on board with Dany dying during childbirth, being put down by Varys and then brought to Kings Landing to be hung from the walls.

This Golden Company must be some poo poo to go from Cersei talking about suing for peace to sacking Dragonstone.

Also Jon riding Drogon :vince:

I know, you know, and everyone knows deep down in their idealistic little hearts that everything in that Season 8 plot leak is going to loving happen. And there is nothing that can be done about it.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Dany and Jon dying is ok with me and I like Tyrion and Missandei ending up together but Euron's as ultimate villain at the end and wildfire explosion 2.0 are so loving stupid

I'm at the stage where I want to believe they're fake but deep down I know better

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

neckbeard posted:

gently caress that poo poo if they actually have Lord Commander Edd die

Basically everybody dies except Tyrion, Sansa, Gendry and Arya.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Constant posted:

Nymeria lives too. And Euron in our hearts.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

Cornflakes posted:

Euron's as ultimate villain at the end

I agree with this.

At least with Joffrey, Ramsey, Cersei and whoever else there was actual screen time and some reasons to really dislike them.

Euron really hasn't shown up enough, even this season, for me to form any real opinion of him at all.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Constant posted:

This is the first I'm seeing this since I'm not going to read a summary of something that might not be fake. But this sounds really good. That's pretty much everyone I like. Jon and Dany should have died a long time ago and the story would have been better for it. I mean, Jon did die, but he should have stayed dead. The two least interesting characters. The two worst actors.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Euron is a character on game of thrones and he has a lot of boats. He also wears fancy glam outfits and is a very bad man.

That's literally all I know about Euron.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

JBP posted:

Euron is a character on game of thrones and he has a lot of boats. He also wears fancy glam outfits and is a very bad man.

That's literally all I know about Euron.

That's enough for me to know that I love him and want him to be the big bad of the final season. Ice monsters are too stupid and it's dragging the show down. The Others are to GoT as Eggs was to True Blood.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's enough for me to know that I love him and want him to be the big bad of the final season. Ice monsters are too stupid and it's dragging the show down. The Others are to GoT as Eggs was to True Blood.

In season 8, Dany and Jon have to join forces with the Night King to stop Euron

Bloops Crusts
Aug 14, 2016
The leaks are more believable because they don't describe the Night King's death, not less.

A writer's outline is intentionally vague. They left the Night King's death unspoken because they aren't entirely certain how it'll pan out yet. A fanfic writer would've been detailed.

Same goes for Howland Reed. A fanfic writer wouldn't have made that mistake. The loose ends make it believable.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

There is a 0% chance Dany dies off screen.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

She doesn't die off screen in the outline though, Varys mercy kills her as she's bleeding to death in childbirth

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
Where did the dany dying off screen come from? Its not in the leak that I read.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Someone upthread was saying they hoped it happened for trolling purposes. Which would be funny, I'll admit, but on the other hand peasants throwing poop at her corpse is a lot funnier.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
-bad post-

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Aug 25, 2017

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

You're taking an article from The Onion as truthful?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Not to suggest the leaks are true, but Euron being the final human adversary makes more sense if you consider him as a book character introduced in Book 4 of 7 (and, technically, chronologically during the events of Book 3) rather than the television character introduced in Season 6 of 8 (really 7.5). I think it is completely within the realm of possibility that D&D got GRRM's bulletpoints for the endgame of ASOIAF and said "well, it says Euron is final baddie so he's the final baddie", regardless of the discrepancy between the two characters in book and show form.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
I mean, if the leaks are true and Euron kills the Night King, that really means he's actually the savior of the realm and Dany and Jon are the terrorists trying to kill the most noble man in the land :colbert:

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Euron trouble

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I just like the idea that the army of darkness is only a threat to Westeros and Essos will be fine, not even any snow. Medieval Times land blows anyways, the Not Orient is where it's at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
I doubt GRRM has communicated anything that concrete to them about the final book. Nobody is invested in Euron and having him be so central to the final conflict reminds me of the finale of breaking bad, which had a similar tertiary character somehow promoted to main villain and the whole thing was impotent as a result.

• Locked thread