Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Caphi posted:

I'm so
EXCITE EXCITE
for Kuroto
EXCITE EXCITE
he's the greatest
ONE
he's got a genius mind
TWO
the talent of a god
THREE
he is the greatest boy

:perfect:

What a great opening too, I was so happy when the animation finally came back. It looks like we're getting that dark rider line-up for real in the finale too, which is all kinds of hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

mikeycp posted:

ex-aid is way better than gaim imo

(i didn't care for gaim)

i did like most of gaim, but ex-aid is still way better.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I keep hearing only good things about Ex-Aid and one day my curiosity will be enough to get me to put videogames away for a second and watch it

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Xarbala posted:

I keep hearing only good things about Ex-Aid and one day my curiosity will be enough to get me to put videogames away for a second and watch it
Ga-shun...

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Bless you.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I also very much enjoy all the bullshit that Excite translates Emu's DAI HENSHINs as.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Waffleman_ posted:

I also very much enjoy all the bullshit that Excite translates Emu's DAI HENSHINs as.

It's only almost as good as Gaim's DAI DAI DAI DAI DAISHOGUN because it's also a pun (daidai = orange).

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Waffleman_ posted:

I really enjoy Excite's looser interpretations of the jingles where necessary but I have to wonder what exactly possessed them to take Taddle Quest's in the direction they did. I love it, but it's weird.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Shaezerus posted:

I really enjoy Excite's looser interpretations of the jingles where necessary but I have to wonder what exactly possessed them to take Taddle Quest's in the direction they did. I love it, but it's weird.
Care to elaborate? On the literal translation, how they translated it, and how the other sub groups do?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
It seems like a reasonably valiant effort to compress 辿る and 巡る into something that fits in a sub, which is the sort of thing that's kept me up at night before. Now, I have the usual "not how I would have done it" sense but I don't think it's gone completely off the deep end or anything. I think maybe they've interpreted the first part of Taddle Legacy a bit off, but other than that...

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

PMush Perfect posted:

Care to elaborate? On the literal translation, how they translated it, and how the other sub groups do?

I'm by no means any authority on the matter (asking any of the Over-Time crew is a better endeavor) but asking around and my own research would put a somewhat more literal, if still rather loose, version to "Wander and follow! Wander and follow! Taddle Quest!" or just "Follow around, follow around, Taddle Quest!"

Excite, meanwhile:

I loving adore it because it's a real good belt call, it fits the rhythm of what's actually being said, and it's not complete nonsense, but at least a couple people I've pushed the show to who've seen Hiiro transform just go "That's not at all what was said."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

"Walk around in a conga line" being the belt call for an RPG character is kind of amazing in its own way, though.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I forgot the original Taddle Quest, honestly.

I think maybe early on they were going for more "anything as long as we can make it scan" and that seems to have dropped off entirely by Legacy. I know I've had shows where I was more bright-eyed at the beginning.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

Caphi posted:

I think maybe early on they were going for more "anything as long as we can make it scan" and that seems to have dropped off entirely by Legacy. I know I've had shows where I was more bright-eyed at the beginning.

I'll fully admit I'm a fan of some blatant-rear end twisting of translation for transformation and powerup jingles as long as it actually fits the rhythm of the original. Excite's Taddle Quest does it so good and Shakariki Sports is pretty golden as well.

Shaezerus fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Aug 25, 2017

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I know like 10 words of japanese but I love Excite's translations, the few episodes I have seen by not-them just seemed to have much less fun with the translations/script.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/thesugarhole/status/901025674969985024

I envy this person

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I can't decide whether this Christmas special is loving awful or not.

E: Oh, hey, it got better.

E2: IT HAPPENED ON CHRISTMAS?!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Aug 25, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

:allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Parad is a fuckin' rear end in a top hat with nice pants.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Waffleman_ posted:

Ex-aid.txt

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

*Makes a political cartoon with Mighty Bros. XX labeled as AM2R and Dan labeled as Nintendo*

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Parad is a fuckin' rear end in a top hat with nice pants.

Parad's fashion sense is godlike.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh poo poo, Emu is Patient Zero?!

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Waffleman_ posted:

*Makes a political cartoon with Mighty Bros. XX labeled as AM2R and Dan labeled as Nintendo*

If you liked Kuroto's reaction to that, you're going to love this fucker who's coming up later.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Holy poo poo this Gashat voice

PERFECT PUZZLE~

E: Nico's a fuckin' jerk, she rules.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 26, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Watching you live blog catching up in real time is AMAZING.

And yes, yes she is.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

This is a good post.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

HOW WERE THEY PLAYING TEKKEN 7 IN 2010?!

Like, the Wonderswan made sense for the time period of that flashback!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 26, 2017

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Waffleman_ posted:

HOW WERE THEY PLAYING TEKKEN 7 IN 2011?!

Like, the Wonderswan made sense for the time period of that flashback!

Ex aid's video game tech is ahead of ours, the key is that out mediums don't have a button to sing the games title or shout WATCHA NAME when you put it in the machine.

Mighty action x is actually the future of games

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Alright, that's enough for today. I'll probably go into a bit of overdrive tomorrow.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm still so pleased that they made an actual Mighty Action X game. :allears:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm still so pleased that they made an actual Mighty Action X game. :allears:

Part of me, as unlikely as it is, hopes Ex-Aid's legacy is kept alive by making Mighty Brothers XX once the series ends.

This is a Bandai property, after all, what's stopping them from adding more games into their lists?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Emu Hojou, an actual doctor who went to school: *Sees a giant burger* Is that you, Poppy?

Congratulations, Genm! You made Burgertime!

Nothing is more sweet than the friendship between a man and his cancer.

Can Burgmon stay? :allears:

God, I hope this part of the series is just Kuroto filing C&Ds against fangames.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Aug 26, 2017

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

There's going to be two announcements during ex-aid today, according to the official Twitter. Kuroto's actor quoted the tweet, wondering if they'd announce a Kamen Rider Genm thing

Which they drat better :colbert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

M is a jerk, I want Emu back :colbert:

Hiiro has the fuckin' worst bedside manner.

I think this is the first time I've seen that a hero has mooks.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Aug 26, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/ziodynes098/status/901504910889336832

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I gotta say, I'm gettin' sick of this zombie nonsense, Kuroto. Get a different form!

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
If you don't love DANGER DANGER genocide DEATH CRISIS I don't know how to help you.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfrIFpZ9jdQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

dan for president

• Locked thread