Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Raged posted:

Honestly a lot of this map stuff is confusing for a first timer.

In other news any hints on farming orb of fusing? The only guides I found are pre 3.0 also none of my masters are high enough to buy them from them.

Don't worry about farming a specific type of currency, you can use currency.poe.trade to swap between them.

Best way to make money/currency is just to run maps. Lots and lots of maps. Find maps you enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Is there some kind of guide I can find somewhere for picking names? Just downloaded this for the Xbox and all my tries so far are taken or restricted (though it won't say what that means or why). I'm kind of done trying to guess a name that will be acceptable to the system and pecking out names on the controller is a pain.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

doingitwrong posted:

Is there some kind of guide I can find somewhere for picking names? Just downloaded this for the Xbox and all my tries so far are taken or restricted (though it won't say what that means or why). I'm kind of done trying to guess a name that will be acceptable to the system and pecking out names on the controller is a pain.

No spaces, the only special character allowed is an underscore, and I'm not sure if numbers are allowed. I think those are the restrictions on PC. If you still can't think of a proper name then git gud

Unless the XBox shares a name database with the PC version in which case lol

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Raged posted:

Honestly a lot of this map stuff is confusing for a first timer.

In other news any hints on farming orb of fusing? The only guides I found are pre 3.0 also none of my masters are high enough to buy them from them.

do chaos recipe and trade chaos for fusings (the rate is around two fusings for one chaos). Or Vendor a lot of IDed "high density" rares for alteration shards which makes orbs. You can buy 1 jeweler for 2 alteration at some vendors. and 1 fusing for 4 jewelers at the same vendors. Farm jungle vally or tropical island maps (or the shaped versions) for "the flora's gift" divination cards, a set of 5 can be traded for a 6socket (5 link) staff, which you can the vendor for 7 jewelers. Just run lots and lots of higher level maps.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
If you're trying to get a 5L I highly recommend buying a Jeweller's Touch prophecy. Last I checked they were about 30c and will instantly 5L any item that's big enough.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

quote:

Fixed a bug where modifiers to Damage with Ailments on the tree that were conditional on wielding a one-handed or two-handed weapon were reversed, such that the two-handed ones were active when you had a one-handed weapon, and vice versa.

Thanks GGG for fixing a bug critical to my current Poison character that I didn't even know existed, but like, drat that's some bug.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

If only I could have gotten a T1 phys dmg roll on there too....

Mondian fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Aug 25, 2017

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

AegisP posted:

Thanks GGG for fixing a bug critical to my current Poison character that I didn't even know existed, but like, drat that's some bug.

:drat:

e:

code:
Updated the Labyrinth to not be able to spawn Darkshrine effects that could overwrite a Darkshrine effect already in the Labyrinth.
Does this mean you can't get more than one shrine effect per run?

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 25, 2017

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Going through this game obscenely fast and underleveled is a huge amount more fun holy poo poo

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I've gotten two "twice blessed" darkshrines in one uber lab and only got two enchants at the end so its definitely an improvement if you can't get duplicates

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

This new scion portrait is god drat terrible.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Two questions:

1: I'm having a poo poo load of trouble choosing between dark pact, frostblades, and cyclone. And if cyclone, do I go pure phys berserker? Or meatball slayer?

2. Is there a list I can sign up for so that I can ensure I get an invite to the guild when there's room? I've asked more than a few times in discord and have had no luck.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Should I hang onto those items that add an extra socket? How rare is that kind of stuff?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
All currency is worth hanging onto. For use or trading. You can make a case for not picking some of it up later on, which your loot filter will help with. If you're new enough to not be running a loot filter, you absolutely want to be grabbing as much currency as possible.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I meant more in the sense it it ok to occasionally waste currency on really low level equipment or are they rare enough I should leave them in the bank.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Vorici can force 4 sockets for 10 orbs. You can usually get it yourself in less than that (especially if it's a 20% quality item). 8.6 orbs = 1 chaos right now. So for the cost of making something 4 sockets, you can probably buy a solid item for that slot.

That said, I'm often lazy and roll it myself. The linking currency is more valuable/rare since a 6 socket item = 7 jeweller's orbs and those are pretty common once you get to maps. 2 fusings = 1 chaos at the moment. 4 link forcing costs 5 fusings.

Basically if you're spending over a chaos on a mediocre item, you probably could have bought one that was already linked. So just keep that in mind, given how trivial trading can often be. But especially before you have any chaos hanging around, trying to trade low amounts of fusings/jewellers/chromes so you can buy something can be frustrating. Though at this point lots of good starter rares are 1 alch which is easier to come by.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I meant more in the sense it it ok to occasionally waste currency on really low level equipment or are they rare enough I should leave them in the bank.

you can use poo poo like fusings and chromatics without feeling too bad but dont go crazy on low lvl equipment. dont use any exalts divines or chaos orbs though.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Awesome! posted:

you can use poo poo like fusings and chromatics without feeling too bad but dont go crazy on low lvl equipment. dont use any exalts divines or chaos orbs though.

Also I was also thinking that an orb was an additional socket/link, but seeing as they're actually a reroll they seem like something I probably won't bother with for now anyway.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Yeah I an idiot who is trying to 6 link my top end chest piece for the scorching ray block build.

You may now laugh at my foolishness

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieNk4aNcMuY

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
This is extremely my jam

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

bwuh?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

:thunk:

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
That looks amazing. I want.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Looks too slow to me

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
hc public party pk.build

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Good to see a scold's bridle build still works... if you're wearing some of the most expensive gear in the game.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I'm currently running an Essence Drain build (just in Act 6 atm) and am running a Wand at the moment as it's been the best drop so far for spell damage. I'm running Flame Dash as my movement skill because you can't use shield charge with a wand. What I was wondering if how much better is Shield Charge as a movement skill and in turn how much priority should I put into moving over to it?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
What is the 300+ meg patch about?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Raged posted:

What is the 300+ meg patch about?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1975095

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

PotatoManJack posted:

I'm currently running an Essence Drain build (just in Act 6 atm) and am running a Wand at the moment as it's been the best drop so far for spell damage. I'm running Flame Dash as my movement skill because you can't use shield charge with a wand. What I was wondering if how much better is Shield Charge as a movement skill and in turn how much priority should I put into moving over to it?

It's the fastest no-cooldown-skill-that-allows-fortify right now (if you have the local attack speed), the question is: do you want to constantly zoom around, play in a frantic don't-pick-anything-up style?

personally the fortify alone is worth it to invest in a dagger or scepter or even just the golden hammer

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
What's this boot worth?

Rarity: Rare
Entropy Road
Goliath Greaves
--------
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Armour: 226 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 60
Str: 95
--------
Sockets: B-G-R-R
--------
Item Level: 76
--------
16% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently
--------
+28 to Strength
+11 to Armour
+69 to maximum Life
+41% to Cold Resistance
+23% to Lightning Resistance
30% increased Movement Speed

I can tell that the value is somewhere between 1ex and 25ex... but nothing more specific than that :\

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

That's real nifty. I'm playing flicker (terribly) at the moment too, so maybe some day in the far, far future, I could afford this. Anyone catch a link to the build?

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

Jinnigan posted:

What's this boot worth?

Rarity: Rare
Entropy Road
Goliath Greaves
--------
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Armour: 226 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 60
Str: 95
--------
Sockets: B-G-R-R
--------
Item Level: 76
--------
16% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently
--------
+28 to Strength
+11 to Armour
+69 to maximum Life
+41% to Cold Resistance
+23% to Lightning Resistance
30% increased Movement Speed

I can tell that the value is somewhere between 1ex and 25ex... but nothing more specific than that :\

I fail to see how those are worth more than 1ex, none of the rolls are particularly good aside from the movespeed.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
he probably included the lab enchant in the search phrase

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I'd have thought a few C, really can't see how they are close to an ex or more.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

If the goonguild is not full still, can I get an invite?
LeninSunderZerk

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran

So I tried playing on my laptop a bit since I'm at the beach, and found my old Intel 3000 graphics chip won't even run a new character well. I think this would actively break the laptop.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Apple Craft posted:

I spend $20 or $30 every expansion or so. That's a low cost to me and I feel good supporting GGG in some way. Those other guys probably feel the same way with their $400+ tier rewards.

Also, remember that player-made unique items cost $1000 each to create.

It's a beautiful world.

the fact it supports the company is null for me and simply a by product. I buy the 400 dollar packs cause the armor looks amazing and I gotta have it. I'm a broken person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Apple Craft posted:

I spend $20 or $30 every expansion or so. That's a low cost to me and I feel good supporting GGG in some way. Those other guys probably feel the same way with their $400+ tier rewards.

Also, remember that player-made unique items cost $1000 each to create.

It's a beautiful world.
Yeah, I drop $20 every time I come back to the game but usually on stuff like stash tabs and so on. None of the MTX really appeal because I quite like the hobo look you get with just base skins for everything :shobon: