Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

Elevator Action Returns (no death)

My first 1CC of this game turned out to be a no death run, surprisingly. Logged about 9 and a half hours of playtime to get to this point. Pretty easy by arcade standards but a drat good game nonetheless.

Here's a super sloppy 1CC I recorded this afternoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aSyCFdYwCg

Not great but it'll do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

those nuclear bomb planting terrorists make some good points

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War. Your sacrifice for the salvation of Yuktobonia will not be forgotten Chopper.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was kind of pissed that the Puddle of Mudd song that was in the intro video never played mid mission ever, only over the final credits.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

West of Loathing inspired me to go back and finish the Hardcore Kingdom of Loathing run I'd given up on nearly a decade ago.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ace Combat Zero but not really...I've gotten up to Mission 13 out of 18 but whenever I complete it the disc gets hung up trying to load whatever FMV is supposed to happen and I can't progress at all. It's not beaten but, it will be retired and missed. I'm pissed, this game is awesome too.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You have to experience the end of that game somehow

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

16. Zelda Oracle of Seasons

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Persona 4 Golden (True Ending). Excellent game, some solid feels at the end

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

In Training posted:

Ace Combat Zero but not really...I've gotten up to Mission 13 out of 18 but whenever I complete it the disc gets hung up trying to load whatever FMV is supposed to happen and I can't progress at all. It's not beaten but, it will be retired and missed. I'm pissed, this game is awesome too.

Whats the best way to play all these Ace Combat games? Is there an HD collection or something?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

fadam posted:

Whats the best way to play all these Ace Combat games? Is there an HD collection or something?

They've never been rereleased unfortunately.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fadam posted:

On a PS2

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Persona 4 Golden (True Ending). Excellent game, some solid feels at the end

I think I like 4 over 5 at this point..

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I think I like 4 over 5 at this point..

I think I like 5 more than 4 overall but I think 4 was paced a literal better in general

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

I think I like 5 more than 4 overall but I think 4 was paced a literal better in general

It's tough because I'm going on a memory of my first SMT game after 8 years have passed lol, so I might be biased. I just remember being completely enthralled with P4 almost immediately. P5 came close to capturing that feeling for me but never quite got there

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

P5 has better gameplay and dungeons but P4 has 10 times, possibly 20 times greater Feels.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

P5 has better gameplay and dungeons but P4 has 10 times, possibly 20 times greater Feels.

Yeah. I like the small town setting of P4 more as well.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's tough because I'm going on a memory of my first SMT game after 8 years have passed lol, so I might be biased. I just remember being completely enthralled with P4 almost immediately. P5 came close to capturing that feeling for me but never quite got there

P5 was the first SMT game that really sunk its hooks into me and the first one I beat so it feels a little more special to me. After playing 4 though, I can definitely see how much 5 is just a refinement of 4 in a lot of ways

In Training posted:

I like the scope of 5's story but 4's definitely feels more intimate and personal. I'd say the S. Links are better in 4 for the most part too

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

5 had better mechanics but 4 had better writing in general imo, p5 kind of fell apart towards the end. i liked 4's crew better overall too

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They're both good crews, even though I've never played an Etrian Odyssey-type game I'm interested in Persona Q2 for the possibility of interactions between the casts

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm thinking of playing Persona 3 Portable soon (it was actually the first SMT game I played although I didn't get very far), should I go for male or female MC?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

female imo, i liked the route more. males more iconic though

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

I'm thinking of playing Persona 3 Portable soon (it was actually the first SMT game I played although I didn't get very far), should I go for male or female MC?

whats persona without banging anime babes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HORMELCHILI posted:

whats persona without banging anime babes

Both my P4 and 5 girlfriends decided they wanted to be cops so I don't want to roll the dice a third time

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just beat Wolfenstein: The New Order on Uber difficulty. Game is really good, big end credits feels. It was an honor to serve with you Captain Blazkowicz.

1. The Witcher 2
2. Yakuza
3. Nioh
4: Nier
5. Nier: Automata
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn
7. Doom (1993) Ultraviolence /w pistol start
8. Lunatic.wad Ultraviolence /w pistol start
9. Waterlab GZD Ultraviolence /w pistol start
10. Injustice 2
11. Path of Exile
12. Wolfenstein: TNO

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Pop'n Twinbee (1CC, died at loop 2 stage 2)

Took about 4 hours or so...my big problem with this game is that in the latter stages they basically fill the screen with as much bullets and enemies as possible in a big hitbox game which makes it super hard not to get hit, but to balance it out they give you all sorts of resources like a health bar that you can refill, a shield item and a screen-clearing bomb that lasts for like five seconds. it's not exactly a hard game, it's just kind of a frustrating experience getting hit over and over again and having to juggle bells until you get your shield back or get another bomb, etc. I'm also really bad at shooters though and there's probably a youtube video out there of some guy clearing the game on the hardest difficulty without taking a hit. anyways loop 2 did not look fun at all so I think I'm gonna move on from this game now.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3. The basics of shooting/stabbing/sneaking felt good but everything else was janky and buggy. I liked it but I wish I had waited till it was on sale for like $30 instead of impulse-buying it at full price. The dangers of browsing the Xbox digital store at 2 in the morning...

I'll probably go back for the DLC at some point since it's all free but I'm not in a hurry to.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bolverkur posted:

Reserved for the most likely single walking simulator I'll complete this year

i still havent beaten one single game in 2017. im going to commit seppuku

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I beat Darkwing Duck in the Disney Afternoon Collection. It is a pretty good Mega Man like thing but the ufos the last boss throws at you are extremely hosed up and sometimes I can't believe small children used to beat these games. Modern gaming has made us weak.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
I beat The Sopranos: Road To Respect. Don't ever play The Sopranos: Road to Respect.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
OutRun 2 Arcade mode (all destinations)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero: Pirate Queen's Quest (100%)

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS4)
Undertale (Vita)

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS4)
Undertale (Vita)
Unepic isn't very good at all. I'd probably skip it and move right into Unravel if I were you.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

1. Persona 5
  2. Abzu
  3. Steamworld Heist
  4. Bravely Default
  5. Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Popular Human posted:

I beat The Sopranos: Road To Respect. Don't ever play The Sopranos: Road to Respect.

Oh wow, I didn't even know there was a Sopranos game! Just looked it then, and yeah, doesn't sounds great. Kudos to you though, for sticking with it the whole way through

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Half-Minute Hero

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere (jp)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Sonic Mania as Knuckles