Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
The prediction I am least proud of is Donald Trump becoming President. :cry:

In 2015! :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I thought about quoting that, but felt we didn't need that reminder.

Also this thread remained sort of positive for a long rear end time. It wasn't even the Allison Rapes Max Into Fixing The World (which I guess makes her the SECOND heroic rapist in webcomics) that broke you guys completely. What broke the thread was the sheer nothing that followed. Once there was just a month of the professor villain patting Allison on the back, the thread had nothing left. No hope, no love, no life, only Clevin

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Too bad Max didn't have that app.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Also the superheroes anonymous support group that read as a parody but was completely in earnest

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

idonotlikepeas posted:

Alright, I'm willing to try an experiment. It's been suggested that I ask the pack of uncontrollable shitposters in here how you think Alison and Clevin's relationship will turn out. So what do you think, mm?

Having now caught up with everything, and being there from the start of why you asked this

Seriously dude, get off your high horse, you're just as bad a poo poo poster.

The moment the quality of the comic tanked, and you were not very happy with it either, you dropped this thread like a hot potato. Hell I'm pretty sure you dropped out of this thread before the thing completely turned on the comic. You certainly stopped posting in it.

Though the massive derail you made was some of the best stuff here since Clevinception from Bravest so good job I guess.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Does anyone else think it's kind of weird that this program to protect women from abusive partners is named after the women who served a male god by ferrying male warriors, many of whom were rapist murderers themselves, into viking paradise?

I get that there's slim pickings for historical bad rear end battle lady names, and that valkyrie basically means woman warrior in pop culture. It just really bugs me every time I see the name since it runs so counter to the purpose of the program.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Galvanik posted:

Does anyone else think it's kind of weird that this program to protect women from abusive partners is named after the women who served a male god by ferrying male warriors, many of whom were rapist murderers themselves, into viking paradise?

I get that there's slim pickings for historical bad rear end battle lady names, and that valkyrie basically means woman warrior in pop culture. It just really bugs me every time I see the name since it runs so counter to the purpose of the program.

It's even more strange when you consider the program's origin as a response to Mary's vigilantism.

Allison's "better" way to help victims of abuse is named after the mythical warrior women--who protected the souls of men.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Aug 23, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So theoretically, if a male abuse victim uses the app

Would they just ignore him?

Reprimand him for using the only app that is like that for abuse victims?

What about trans people? Or gender fluid? Which is an actual, physical thing in this universe

Can that blue person only use the app when they're female?

Basically what I'm saying is the app is really stupid and trying to limit it to one gender is hilariously short sighted and wrong headed.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Galvanik posted:

Valkyries are psychopomps, who carry the souls of those slain in battle so that they can go to Odin's hall of the dead, the Valhalla, where they will drink mead until Ragnarök comes and they get to join in the last, doomed battle where they will lose anyway. (Because, spoiler alert: Odin's side doesn't win.)

The symbolism of this as applied to battered spouses instead of viking warriors is left as an exercise to the reader.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Alison canonically is not good with mythology.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 23, 2017

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Saying that valkyries are Bad, Actually because they carried the souls of MEN who were PROBABLY RAPISTS is exactly the kind of dumb commentary I'd expect out of this comic, though.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Begemot posted:

Saying that valkyries are Bad, Actually because they carried the souls of MEN who were PROBABLY RAPISTS is exactly the kind of dumb commentary I'd expect out of this comic, though.

I mean even cutting that out it's still "We named our app service about helping women face abuse after a grim reaper figure that took dead people to heaven." which is a little...tone deaf.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'll call my new carpool app Charon.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Burkion posted:

Also this thread remained sort of positive for a long rear end time. It wasn't even the Allison Rapes Max Into Fixing The World (which I guess makes her the SECOND heroic rapist in webcomics) that broke you guys completely. What broke the thread was the sheer nothing that followed. Once there was just a month of the professor villain patting Allison on the back, the thread had nothing left. No hope, no love, no life, only Clevin

It was several months of loving nothing. Then her congratulating herself for deciding that violence WAS the right answer after all. Then "Oh btw it was the gun's fault I killed that dude". It may be the worst bit of a comic I've ever read in my life, and I've read some really garbage comics before.

Paladinus posted:

That's actually rad tho.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Also the smart docto lady's institution has a statue of Kid Icarus smashing the sun to pieces and I bet neither writer or artist realize the logical conclusion of such a metaphor leads to the entire planet getting hosed to fulfill a dumb rear end in a top hat's hubris

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I was going to make a joke about Smart Doctor Lady - "She has a name, and it's Robot Leg Lady" - but I thought a little bit and I have no idea what the character's actual name is. No idea what Feral's actual name is. For such prominent characters that's really bothersome to me, maybe it's my fault for not paying attention but I don't think their real names have ever been used except maybe when they were introduced.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Calaveron posted:

Also the smart docto lady's institution has a statue of Kid Icarus smashing the sun to pieces and I bet neither writer or artist realize the logical conclusion of such a metaphor leads to the entire planet getting hosed to fulfill a dumb rear end in a top hat's hubris

I get the feeling neither artist nor writer know what a metaphor is.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Would work better as a boat chartering app.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'll call my handjob app Hecatoncheires

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

^ this thread

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Narcissus: an app for people who want to be congratulated for buying from companies that have posted woke messages online.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

super sweet best pal posted:

Narcissus: an app for people who want to be congratulated for buying from companies that have posted woke messages online.

lmao way to post your billion-dollar business idea to the internet where just anyone can take it before the IPO, dumbass

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Sisyphus: An app for people who keep reading this comic thinking that the next plot twist will surely redeem everything.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
So what are the odds that somehow Patrick got juiced up by angry libertarian strawman power amplifier guy and now his powers include messing with people's minds and not just reading them, because that sure would be a tiresome twist.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Falstaff posted:

Sisyphus: An app for people who keep reading this comic thinking that the next plot twist will surely redeem everything.

This truly is the BBC SHERLOCK of webcomics

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Fuego Fish posted:

So what are the odds that somehow Patrick got juiced up by angry libertarian strawman power amplifier guy and now his powers include messing with people's minds and not just reading them, because that sure would be a tiresome twist.

Extremely low because that would represent an actual plot arc tying multiple threads together instead of a muddled mess that goes nowhere and somehow implies that black people need to be "brought to heel"

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Max also doesn't know who Patrick is, or that he's got powers. I think Allison is the only one in the world who knows Patrick was Menace. As far as anyone else knows he's just some employee at Templar. I think he's got a cover of being a secretary or something so people don't get suspicious of a 20 year old being a billionaire industrialist.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i think patrick just went drinking with rat

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

If his powers have gotten stronger, it's more likely to be because of the biodynamics powers getting naturally stronger thing that was brought up a couple of chapters ago and is why Alison can fly.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Serene Dragon posted:

If his powers have gotten stronger, it's more likely to be because of the biodynamics powers getting naturally stronger thing that was brought up a couple of chapters ago and is why Alison can fly.

I thought that was because she was making out with the power amplifier guy. In fact, "superhumans are getting stronger but we don't know why" actually being due some guy with the power to increase the powers of others would have been a neat little reveal.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Wouldn't a lot of people have had to make out with him for that to be true?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Mary and Cleaver's powers had been getting stronger and neither had met Max.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
But can Mary turn herself so invisible we'll forget she's murdering people like Allison did?

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Given that I doubt it will ever come up again, I imagine it's already happened

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Clevin.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
wow thank the lord above there was no conflict or drama or even really any questions from allison's new boyfriend

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Wake up Patrick, feel the pure untainted mind of the Clevin.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

what the gently caress is feral going to do, donate him a new brain?

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Fuego Fish posted:

I thought that was because she was making out with the power amplifier guy. In fact, "superhumans are getting stronger but we don't know why" actually being due some guy with the power to increase the powers of others would have been a neat little reveal.

She got the ability to fly in the murder all rapists chapter, which was before she met Max. In fact, she used her new flight powers to save him from a burning building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

the old ceremony posted:

wow thank the lord above there was no conflict or drama or even really any questions from allison's new boyfriend

Clevin is a professional Clevin, and he acts like one.

• Locked thread