Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Steve Jorbs posted:

Get me in on the BB Boyz.

I haven't looked into it much yet but would Everybody's Golf be fun for someone who is an avid golfer but doesn't play many games and the other way around? I'd like to get something that MY GIRLFRIEND can play on the PS4; I had her try Dark Souls 3 and amazingly she managed to kill an enemy before being slaughtered.

Everyone will like Everybody's Golf. It is right there in the name. As a real life golfer and video game person, I think the Hots Shots games are by far the best golf games out there. For golfers, they are goofy enough that you don't roll your eyes over ridiculous backspin and stuff, but actually have enough strategy and real golf stuff to make it familiar. For non-golfers, it's easy to pick up and really fun, plus now there is fishing!

Games like Tiger Woods (or whatever it's called now) looked realistic but after a few rounds you could shoot 20 under par but it wasn't really fun becuase it was still trying to be SERIOUS BUSINESS. Other games that are actually realistic wouldn't be any fun for non-golfers at all.

In summary, I feel that you and your girlfriend will enjoy Everybody's Golf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

AutomaticPrince posted:

Fastest I've ever uninstalled a beta:

1. Lawbreakers
2. Call of Duty: WW2

Please give more information.

Lumpy posted:

Games like Tiger Woods (or whatever it's called now) looked realistic but after a few rounds you could shoot 20 under par but it wasn't really fun becuase it was still trying to be SERIOUS BUSINESS. Other games that are actually realistic wouldn't be any fun for non-golfers at all.

My dad min/maxed a dude in Tiger Woods 06 (maybe 06 can't remember exactly) and named him Sunday JBP's Dad (actually Sunday His Name, in honour of Sunday Tiger Woods being the most powerful in game player) and would roll around loving Augusta shooting 3-6 aces a round and it nearly destroyed our relationship.

JBP fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Aug 25, 2017

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

JBP posted:

Please give more information.

The quickscoping I can accept. The melee beating a half a magazine I can accept. The dropshotting I can accept. Those are Call of Duty staples annoying as they may be.

Customizable WW2 weapons you gotta unlock attachments for? Eh not ideal but I'll roll with it. Same with HOLOGRAPHIC SIGHTS on WW2 weaponry.

Bullet penetration through stone and brick walls? Now we're getting dumb. Same goes for the map with a chokepoint with zero ability to flank where one team gets a tank and the other doesn't.

The ability to leap across a room over someone? That's where you completely lose me.

That being said, I only played 2 hours worth and it's only a beta. I may reinstall tomorrow night and give it a fresh run. Maybe not. I'll still pick the game up for campaign/zombies but as for now I'm underwhelmed by the MP so far.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What percent of UC:LL takes place in this open world lite area I'm in now?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I grabbed Superhot VR and it was really loving cool. My buddy fell out of a chair but dodged a bullet and shot the guy.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I don't suppose anyone here checked out The Golf Club or its sequel, did they?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

AutomaticPrince posted:

The quickscoping I can accept. The melee beating a half a magazine I can accept. The dropshotting I can accept. Those are Call of Duty staples annoying as they may be.

Customizable WW2 weapons you gotta unlock attachments for? Eh not ideal but I'll roll with it. Same with HOLOGRAPHIC SIGHTS on WW2 weaponry.

Bullet penetration through stone and brick walls? Now we're getting dumb. Same goes for the map with a chokepoint with zero ability to flank where one team gets a tank and the other doesn't.

The ability to leap across a room over someone? That's where you completely lose me.

That being said, I only played 2 hours worth and it's only a beta. I may reinstall tomorrow night and give it a fresh run. Maybe not. I'll still pick the game up for campaign/zombies but as for now I'm underwhelmed by the MP so far.

Sounds like dogshit, but if I see a mission where I get to mow down Nazis with a Degtyaryov I'll just buy it.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Put me down as a Bloodborne Boy please. The blood... it sings...

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

AutomaticPrince posted:

having to unlock attachments for guns has been in cod forever like the other stuff, and fmj has been like that forever too. none of this sounds unusual tbh?

also hit me up with a bloodborne tag also, videogames. this threads finished!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
You guys asking for bloodborne tags are gonna regret it when you realize it was just a trick and you wake up tomorrow as members of Da Knack Krew

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wolfsheim posted:

You guys asking for bloodborne tags are gonna regret it when you realize it was just a trick and you wake up tomorrow as members of Da Knack Krew

The Vanquish Vigilantes are the superior crew, and we're gonna gently caress you all up royal with thigh-mounted booster rockets :rice:.

I would also like a Vanquish Vigilantes tag please.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Vanquish Vigilantes are the superior crew, and we're gonna gently caress you all up royal with thigh-mounted booster rockets :rice:.

I would also like a Vanquish Vigilantes tag please.

Yo the image of a pack of Hunters staring at a stack of ammo crates until a lit cigarette is tossed off to the side and they all dogpile it is mad hilarious

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Aug 25, 2017

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

This talk of BB and Vanquish just makes me pine for sequels.

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

If tags are happening, I would very much love to be a Bloodborne Boy, it has been inside me all along.

Everybody's Golf is going to rule.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Yakuza Kiwami 2 announcement for Japan got leaked. I wouldn't expect to hear a localization announcement until December at the earliest though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

At least it's actually likely now and not yet another on a list of games we'll never see in English.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

At least it's actually likely now and not yet another on a list of games we'll never see in English.

luckily for us the non-mobile japanese games market needs our money too much

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Wolfsheim posted:

as if you wouldn't rather be a part of Da Knack Pack

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Yakuza Kiwami 2 announcement for Japan got leaked. I wouldn't expect to hear a localization announcement until December at the earliest though.

That leak was actually from the Taiwanese PSN by the way.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

VideoGames posted:

Don't worry, I will sort it all out :D

Am I too late to request a Vanquish tag? I need to be part of the best game crew

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Da Knack Pack

hello

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I'd dig a Vanquish Vigilante tag, game was great. It was exciting as gently caress when I got that trophy for killing the two big bastards in a row with only my fists. I really should go back and try to plat that game. Darpa gave us rocket thighs for sheer intimidation factor on top of the desire to chase a new thrill. Burns is not amused.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jak and daxter precurser legacy is real fun thanks for free game sony dog

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah it holds up pretty well for a 16 year old game. I think the biggest thing it has over other platform collect em ups is that it doesn't go completely overboard and just has a reasonable number of things to collect.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The original Jak and Daxter serves as a really good swan song for the N64 era platformers. It's firmly in that genre but it cuts a lot of the bullshit

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

what the fuuuuuuuck

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/rumor-secret-mana-remake-ps4-ps-vita-announcement-leaked

i was literally just yesterday thinking "man i kind of want to play secret of mana again" fuckin get in randi, popoi and primm

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It recently got ported to Switch and is unlikely to ever come out outside Japan so don't get your hopes up if it's a straight port.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

fridge corn posted:

reiterating my desire for the bloodborne tag please and thank you
BB could use some smoking. A cigarette item that gradually increases your insight at a cost to your health.

Imagine Papa G ripping a fat cigar, especially when you summon him.

Akuma fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Aug 25, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sakurazuka posted:

It recently got ported to Switch and is unlikely to ever come out outside Japan so don't get your hopes up if it's a straight port.

the article says its a 3d remake

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm sure it'll be fun in 2025 then

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

the article says its a 3d remake

In addition, it's a leak from the Sony Latin America. Why would they be posting about a game not leaving Japan?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

glam rock hamhock posted:

In addition, it's a leak from the Sony Latin America. Why would they be posting about a game not leaving Japan?

why did the taiwanese psn accidentally leak the yakuza kiwami 2?

edit: its definitely fair to be skeptical of this but the source isn't any weirder than the yakuza kiwami 2 leak source.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Aug 25, 2017

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

How the gently caress has it been five years since a proper golf game? Who is running this poo poo show?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Golf sucks?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fix posted:

How the gently caress has it been five years since a proper golf game? Who is running this poo poo show?

It's okay Everybody's Golf is out next week

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Lumpy posted:

It wasn't fun because even when you got to the point where you could shoot in the 50s with little effort, so could everyone else.

A game I always thought was underrated was Swing Away Golf, which was almost a launch PS2 game. It wasn't even on a DVD. But it played great and had a deep career mode. You could level up enough to shoot in the 40s on the beginner course, driving every par 4 and eagling every par 5.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Fix posted:

Well Tiger did some things...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am just waiting for the tags to be uploaded, then I will queue some gang tag changes. Once we've reached page 679 that wil;l be it for the mass tag changing.

Also, I just whipped this up for the two who requested it :D :

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

Can I please get in on being a Bloodborne Boi

I haven't beaten Orphan of Kos though (for shame)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Oh hey I'll take some of the fetid Bloodborne Tag action.