Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There's not much point getting SPF 70. Although I wish there was, because I can burn even with SPF 50 when I'm in the water.

http://www.skincancer.org/skin-cancer-information/ask-the-experts/does-a-higher-spf-sunscreen-always-protect-your-skin-better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Thank you for this!

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

What if I told you that you were a walking, talking, breathing, trust fund beneficiary?

And what then if I told you that the well of that trust is practically bottomless?

Even further I would tell you that this matrix is accessible by two sets of numbers used together. One of these two sets of numbers is exclusive to you, or your 'trust fund'

If you made it this far, I would tell you that you already know one of the sets of numbers, you have all along. You were given this number at birth, but you weren't told what it was for, except that it is important and must be kept secret, lest someone else should find it and use it against you.

This is a great oversimplification, but this gift I offer you freely, and if it is something that you understand or want to understand, I will walk you through the gates.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted:

What if I told you that you were a walking, talking, breathing, trust fund beneficiary?

And what then if I told you that the well of that trust is practically bottomless?

Even further I would tell you that this matrix is accessible by two sets of numbers used together. One of these two sets of numbers is exclusive to you, or your 'trust fund'

If you made it this far, I would tell you that you already know one of the sets of numbers, you have all along. You were given this number at birth, but you weren't told what it was for, except that it is important and must be kept secret, lest someone else should find it and use it against you.

This is a great oversimplification, but this gift I offer you freely, and if it is something that you understand or want to understand, I will walk you through the gates.

... I know this is LoB, but.

Please do go on. I really want to know where this leads.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

RoboRodent posted:

If it were so easy and simple to explain, I would be happy to do it. But it isn't.

And it was posted in a manner that would weed out anyone with preconceived notions that would hinder my ability to help.

I can only be so transparent with this subject matter. My intent was not to create confusion, just to be of service.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Bring back Mr Fuckin Wizard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkJEt1UsUcs

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

RoboRodent posted:

Sovereign Citizen/Freeman on the Land.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

RoboRodent posted:

Social Security. About as bottomless as a kiddie pool.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Lottery of Babylon posted:

If it were so easy and simple to explain, I would be happy to do it. But it isn't.

And it was posted in a manner that would weed out anyone with preconceived notions that would hinder my ability to help.

I can only be so transparent with this subject matter. My intent was not to create confusion, just to be of service.

I can't tell if this is LoB peeking through the clouds or not

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

OldTennisCourt posted:

Now if only there could be a History channel that isn't HITLER HITLER HITLER HITLER REALITY SHOW REALITY SHOW ALIENS HITLER

I thought this was a parody of Bill Nye's old show opening before I realize none of it scans.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Sunswipe posted:

Sovereign Citizen/Freeman on the Land.

There is some truth in what you've stated and I won't pretend to understand it all. This is not sovereign citizen stuff.

This type of knowledge has been lumped together with that, so that you would immediately believe it's a farce.

You can't be sovereign and be a citizen.

Unfortunately it's a game with many layers, each with it's own unfair playing field.

I do not wish to play the game on that level, I simply wish to go in peace and be indebted to no one and no thing.

ilmucche posted:

I can't tell if this is LoB peeking through the clouds or not

I would rather you think about it critically, and read between the lines. I answered both questions you asked of me, and an additional question.

Now I ask you a question, has anyone ever spoon-fed you anything of substance?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Wish I could give wedgies to some of you guys.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Joey Freshwater posted:

Does that guy not realize that democrats and republicans have swapped ideals since then? Assuming those numbers are correct (they're not), he's only proving against his point.

This is legit an argument shitheads like D'Souza make in poo poo like Hilary's America. Democrats used to support the KKK so they are all evil racists!

bucksmash posted:

:laffo: she deleted this, set all her poo poo private, and made a half assed apology. Also two of the designer brands she tagged have basically said "yeah we have nothing to do with this looney" and she and her husband have now "promised to reimburse the Treasury for the trip" (read: someone at Treasury saying "you hosed up idiot, and we're not footing the bill for you")

And apparently she is persona non grata at some big fashion show. None of this poo poo will really impact her richie rich life, but it's nice to see someone called out for being a snobby bitch

HEY GUESS WHO'S GETTING INVESTIGATED FOR IMPROPER USE OF A GOVERNMENT PLANE??

quote:

The government watchdog wrote that Mnuchin's trip "seems to have been planned around the solar eclipse...to secure a viewpoint in the path of the eclipse’s totality"

http://time.com/4915080/watchdog-steven-mnuchin-louise-linton-trip-eclipse/

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

SpacePig posted:

Drawing half-assed conclusions from half-read, irreplicable studies that arguable prove some made up point about some assumed thing from some imagined agenda is kinda what American scientific discourse is all about these days.

I'm so used to people just making poo poo up that it's genuinely surprising when it's based on an actual thing.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Sunscreen chat. Ignore SPF and find some zinc oxide cream. Feels like greasepaint, but I haven't had a burnt nose in years.

Here's some best-comments-selected sampler platter.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Not social media, but I thought I'd share my 20 minute text conversation with my 23 year old brother with you all.

For reference, he texted me because I liked someones tweet about the whole #imwithkap that was trending earlier. Thats it. Never in my entire existence did I ever think I'd be seriously considering cutting off contact with my own brother, but here we are.

Thanks Trump. Thanks MRA's. Thanks Fox "News."

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
I haven't met many Trevor's, but every single one has been a colossal dickhead.

Also, "the media"

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
I wish to create joinder with LoB.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Nice try, but he is clothed only in gold fringe.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Yes, this is very much true. But those in the uniform who do know this, also know how to call a bluff.

I personally don't feel like engaging in a pissing contest with anyone, let alone someone with a badge and a gun. That path is real though. There's a reason why you only see the failures on youtube or in the news. The only ones who succeed in situations like you suggested are those who assert their rights without "poking the bear" so to speak.

If you've ever been present in a courtroom and observed the interactions between attorney, judge, and prosecutor, it's very clear to see they are all on the same side.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
*tazes person speaking through LoB*

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

SpacePig posted:

Exactly, it was fun and funny (for a kid). Which Nye was not. I wouldn't take science advice from Beakman, for sure, since the guy is primarily an actor, but the show was definitely more fun to watch.

The mission statement for Bill Nye the Science Guy said, among other things, that science should be the source of the drama and entertainment, not artificial situations. Too many educational shows, including Beakman's world and the Standard Deviants, presented information adjacent to entertainment, as though they needed to trick kids into learning. Nye, on the other hand, was clearly excited about the science itself, and it was infectious.

I'm not going to try to convince you that you are wrong about what you find funny, because that's obviously subjective. For pre-teen me, though, Nye was both more entertaining and more informative than Beakman.

Jurgan has a new favorite as of 02:23 on Aug 25, 2017

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Oh man I'm so excited, a dude posted some "triggered liberal doesn't believe KKK was formed by the Democrats" thing in the history group for my alma mater. The group is pretty super serious with professors posting quite often in long, long conversations. It's going to be a train wreck and I hope it doesn't get deleted before I can get a screenshot of it tomorrow.

e: he deleted it :(

Grem has a new favorite as of 02:38 on Aug 25, 2017

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Bill Nye cracked me up as a kid.

"Even this freezer has heat. And that, MAKES ME HOT!"

and

"Um. Bill.?"

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Zipperelli. posted:

Not social media, but I thought I'd share my 20 minute text conversation with my 23 year old brother with you all.

For reference, he texted me because I liked someones tweet about the whole #imwithkap that was trending earlier. Thats it. Never in my entire existence did I ever think I'd be seriously considering cutting off contact with my own brother, but here we are.

"There's not a racism problem here!" he said, casually dropping the N word.

Sorry you had to have that conversation, man.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Zipperelli. posted:

:smith: What was that civil war quote about brother against brother

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. He said deny me in front of your friends and I will deny you in front of my father. Challenge Accepted: If you are not ashamed Copy and paste!!

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Zipperelli. posted:

I have an uncle that I haven't spoken to in years, and may never again, after the social media fights we had over the last Texas gubernatorial elections. It was a real shitshow and brought out the worst in Texas Republicans (at the time, we didn't know what was coming in a few years). He would repeatedly come onto my posts and argue that whole "SO MUCH FOR THE TOLERANT LEFT" diatribe that's only gotten more popular, and I would politely remind him that, being family, I don't start arguments with him out of respect on things he posts, and how I wished he would do the same.

The final straw was when he accused me of hating women the day my daughter was born because I had posted something about how Bristol Palin kept speaking up issues she should be quiet about. My life has been much better since.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zipperelli. posted:

Your brother is a fuckhead. Good job falling far from that tree.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Zipperelli. posted:

drat, sorry about Trevor's poo poo opinions. Get him a box of spiders for his next birthday. Explain that you would never get him anything "the media" advertises, so you got him nature's lil helpers!

Dump them on him as he sleeps.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Science memes are serious business!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
I'm not really feeling on the 2017 "Revenge of the Nerds".

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Lady can't connect the dots that the weird looks she gets are because she sounds nuttier than a boiled peanut truck

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I had to finish it to figure out how the phone factored into that.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
I like to think that the "pretending to be on my phone" includes pretending that the phone is in her hand.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Elderbean posted:

One of my Navy acquaintances seems to be advocating :biotruths: while trying to pretend that he's not. I don't understand where he's going with this. The thread started with him speculating about why no one denies that eclipses happen like climate change, and turned into him calling trans people mutants and insisting that gay people are a biological disadvantage. He's never been opposed to gay marriage or anything like that, so it seems weird for him to be saying this poo poo. Although I forgot to expand some of my posts before uploading them.

Did he use the whole I don't have a problem with trans people but a 180lb girl isnt pulling my fat rear end 250lb out of the water ?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Found one in the wild! Public comment:

1. MUH FREEDUMB OF SPEEEEEEECH
2. "These faces are on our money" - the gently caress? You roll with CSA dollars or some poo poo?
3. Getting facts straight up wrong about that ESPN nonsense (the announcer voiced his wish to be reassigned. ESPN didn't force him to do poo poo).
4. Unironic use of :airquote:alt-left:airquote:
4a. "None of this was an issue until the alt-left made it an issue" oh yeah, sorry I forgot racism is a brand new thing for us in the year of our Lord 2017.
5. Scott loving Adams link. There is no :rolleyes: big enough.

Did I hit Bingo?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

"devolving into a debate"

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Zipperelli. posted:

jfc don't cut off contact with your own little brother just because of some politics bullshit. don't talk politics with him, learn to change the topic, or just shrug it off and accept that not everyone will agree with you in life.

you need to get some perspective dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

actually it's cool and good to cut lovely people out of your life, especially people who don't particularly care for others