Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Discord is where most of the chat is. Most of us only log in occasionally these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Tsurupettan posted:

I meant more of i can't run content with you. :D Not joining has just been me being lazy.

This game is good and fun though. the $40 amazon pack was super worth.

Yes you can. Iirc you will get boosted so you can keep up.

Levels mean little In this game

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

I'm on most days, working on Legendary atm but always happy to log onto my Sorc and run stuff

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

RFC2324 posted:

Yes you can. Iirc you will get boosted so you can keep up.

Levels mean little In this game

Oh cool. Is it just a stat boost or does it actually give you all of the appropriate abilities for that level?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tsurupettan posted:

Oh cool. Is it just a stat boost or does it actually give you all of the appropriate abilities for that level?

Just a stat boost. It lets you do Heroics and most "Veteran" flashpoints no problem.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Is it still the case that it boosts you to higher than you get at mach level with anything less that max level gear?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Hm, chatting isn't included in the F2P version. It's a good enough single-player game that I'm not really disappointed, though

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
I wonder how many Command Tokens I can stash?

I sit between 2900-3000 Tokens and have nearly 50 Boosts taking up space. I always have at least one char lvling up GC but they can't use Boosts as fast as my PvP main earns Tokens.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
I am now dumber for having experienced the "storyline" for Umbara.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
It's not their best work.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Aleth posted:

It's not their best work.

Understated. That dialogue was cringy...er than usual.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
In other news: http://dulfy.net/2017/08/24/swtor-precious-cargo-command-pack-preview/

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
I don't buy the traitor's motivation thus far...okay my all Light-side choice char is a war monger because I'm in some sort of quasi-war with the Pubs, a decision I was railroaded into?

The FP is meh...purple Oricon with two random beasts and a random droid. The traitor is on that train! Ok...so land the Gravestone in it's path and force it to stop. Uhhh no we need you to personally board it for reasons.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

I don't buy the traitor's motivation thus far...okay my all Light-side choice char is a war monger because I'm in some sort of quasi-war with the Pubs, a decision I was railroaded into?

The FP is meh...purple Oricon with two random beasts and a random droid. The traitor is on that train! Ok...so land the Gravestone in it's path and force it to stop. Uhhh no we need you to personally board it for reasons.

I personally think they're going to end up going with (traitor spoilers) they'll be a double double agent, 'betraying' you to get an in with the other bad guys.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

I personally think they're going to end up going with (traitor spoilers) they'll be a double double agent, 'betraying' you to get an in with the other bad guys.

So why not tell us? The traitor can fool two of the strongest Force users in the galaxy but they can't fool their new friends? I'm imagining the traitor under the Truth-O-Scope from Futurama.

Also Lana has got to be the galaxy's shittiest Intelligence officer...how many betrayals have gotten past her now?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So why not tell us? The traitor can fool two of the strongest Force users in the galaxy but they can't fool their new friends? I'm imagining the traitor under the Truth-O-Scope from Futurama.

Also Lana has got to be the galaxy's shittiest Intelligence officer...how many betrayals have gotten past her now?

I wonder if they're going to do the trope of Lana was in on it, hence her jumping in front of the blaster which conveniently was shooting shock blasts.

Edit - yeah, You did as we asked. Welcome to the Order. Definitely doing a double agent

Medullah fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Aug 25, 2017

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
I wonder if bioware would make the hilarious choice of having your character be in on it but not tell the player. I would just love that.

But alas I bet the double agent thing is right and Lana was in on it, and our character is an idiot as usual.

I've stopped getting mad when Bioware does bad writing, it's just inevitable at this point.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
It helps if you just view everything post-class stories as fan fiction.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Well if anyone in TNG has Biochem 700 I can make the reusable Critical and Fortitude Stims, and the reusable Critical and Absorb adrenals. Will probably grab the medpac and Versatile stims tomorrow, basically two runs of the new FP in story mode for 3 schematics. Just need an Iokath recombinator.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Well if anyone in TNG has Biochem 700 I can make the reusable Critical and Fortitude Stims, and the reusable Critical and Absorb adrenals. Will probably grab the medpac and Versatile stims tomorrow, basically two runs of the new FP in story mode for 3 schematics. Just need an Iokath recombinator.

Whoo boy Master Mode Umbara is no joke. The Rishi Walker's got nothing on that Spider Tank.

Ossipago posted:

It helps if you just view everything post-class stories as fan fiction.

Makeb was ok and I really enjoyed SoR. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they got a new head writer between SoR and KotFE. The guy who was responsible for the oh so mediocre Trooper storyline.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Whoo boy Master Mode Umbara is no joke. The Rishi Walker's got nothing on that Spider Tank.

Makeb was ok and I really enjoyed SoR. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they got a new head writer between SoR and KotFE. The guy who was responsible for the oh so mediocre Trooper storyline.

The trooper had the best storyline!

Its all about M1-4X, right?

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

The guy who was responsible for the oh so mediocre Trooper storyline.

Hey, The Trooper storyline was fun!

...Act one, I guess. Beyond that was a trash fire.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah I haven't run it yet but I'm guessing those abundant explosive tanks aren't there for show.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Airspace posted:

Hey, The Trooper storyline was fun!

...Act one, I guess. Beyond that was a trash fire.

Havoc should have betrayed at the end of Act 1 after building a rapport with them, then it would have had punch. Nobody cares about prologue chars you've known for an hour betraying you. And the final boss is the worst.

Medullah posted:

Yeah I haven't run it yet but I'm guessing those abundant explosive tanks aren't there for show.

Fire patches that do about 30% a tick.

A dozen plus adds spread every ~15% that insta target the healer, are ranged, and spread out.

An unavoidable instant laser that does 30-60k AND knocks down.

An AoE missile strike that does 50k+.

All in a wide open area where everyone's running around like headless chickens.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

LegionAreI posted:

I wonder if bioware would make the hilarious choice of having your character be in on it but not tell the player. I would just love that.

But alas I bet the double agent thing is right and Lana was in on it, and our character is an idiot as usual.

I've stopped getting mad when Bioware does bad writing, it's just inevitable at this point.

Stop filling me with hope this would be amazing and we'll never get it.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003
Welp, saw that one coming.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

I wonder if they're going to do the trope of Lana was in on it, hence her jumping in front of the blaster which conveniently was shooting shock blasts.

Edit - yeah, You did as we asked. Welcome to the Order. Definitely doing a double agent

Yeah, that was my take on it, too. It's really dumb writing otherwise (and still pretty bad regardless).

LegionAreI posted:

That would explain why my Jugg only force choked the traitor a little before letting them explain themselves and run off!

Aleth fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Aug 25, 2017

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Lana is the loving worst at her job. I will never regret telling her that her incompetence threatened the Empire on Ziost.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Preechr posted:

Lana is the loving worst at her job. I will never regret telling her that her incompetence threatened the Empire on Ziost.

Which is funny because up until Ziost she was built up as an ultra-competent and pragmatic Sith. I give her a bit of a pass on Ziost since that's more Pub incompetence than hers.

Between Ziost and KotFE she must took a few hard blows to the head cause her character does a 180.

Also as hard as the last boss in MM Umbara is the first three are easy...me and a Sniper friend duo'd them with comps.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
There is a bit of a rather large time gap between Ziost and KotFE, along with a few not-so insignificant changes to the political landscape.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

There's a good bug today where Planetary missions that are daily areas (Ziost, Yavin, CZ-198, etc) are giving the bonus planetary CXP award for each mission. Just did Black Hole and gained 11 levels in 12 minutes. :D

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

There's a good bug today where Planetary missions that are daily areas (Ziost, Yavin, CZ-198, etc) are giving the bonus planetary CXP award for each mission. Just did Black Hole and gained 11 levels in 12 minutes. :D

I wonder if this has anything to do with Heroics being the bonus for the day because they definitely weren't like this yesterday.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I wonder if this has anything to do with Heroics being the bonus for the day because they definitely weren't like this yesterday.

I think it is. I'm sure they'll patch it, but I went from GC like 185 to 230 with my Merc today in about two hours. Even the bonus objectives were 3k GC points with a boost and perks.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I like how in this game, I often interpret scenes and dialog with different motivations than the developers probably intended. For instance, there's a Light/Dark side choice for ratting out a Smuggler associate illegally selling ancient Taris relics to Taris descendants. The mission involves retrieving equipment from scavengers who plan to use the relics to sell counterfeits to the Empire. There's a Dark side choice of teaming up with the scavengers, then I made a Light side choice not to turn in the Smuggler associate. The game puts it in the context of wanting to help the Tarisian descendants, but I was making it more in the context of whether it'd be better to remove the competition or not risk the whole operation being brought down by having Customs further investigate. So, the developers managed to put the roleplay in "roleplay game" really well.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
True, but there's also a lot of times when the text for a choice does not reflect what gets said and it makes it difficult to roleplay :(

Preechr
May 19, 2009

LegionAreI posted:

True, but there's also a lot of times when the text for a choice does not reflect what gets said and it makes it difficult to roleplay :(

I thought I was letting mako kill her friend's killer, but what happened was I tried to go holier than thou about faceshooting pricks and pissed her off.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Planetary missions still bugged today, worth a little less than yesterday but still full planet bonus for each mission. This includes bonus missions, and in the case of Oricon, double for bonus missions with multiple phases.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

All missions (heroic) or just daily?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Preechr posted:

All missions (heroic) or just daily?

Just daily areas (well, and Heroic missions that are in those areas like CZ-198 and Oricon)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Preechr posted:

I thought I was letting mako kill her friend's killer, but what happened was I tried to go holier than thou about faceshooting pricks and pissed her off.

Just in case anybody doesn't know, you can hit Esc during a conversation and restart it if a dialogue choice goes awry.

• Locked thread