Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Do you guys think those new destructible shacks are placeholders or the final product? I was hoping it was the former, and we were going to get ones that look like the originals, but could be demolished. That might be too much to ask for in this engine though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Zo posted:

there was no problem in the matches where the final circle didn't end up over water. every match will have the same number of kills no matter how you structure the points. they just need better observing, since with the current terrible observing you won't see anything even if players are aggressive

Evermore securing overall 1st place by hiding in the blue and medding his way into the final 10 of the last round is a pretty glaring problem.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Pleads posted:

Evermore securing overall 1st place by hiding in the blue and medding his way into the final 10 of the last round is a pretty glaring problem.

why? he mostly won because he won a round. the ~25 other people who finished top 10 in each game did not secure overall first place

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I'm sure they'll make changes to the tournament format, they're still figuring stuff out. I saw some gamescom people on twitter asking for suggestions on how to improve it down the line, so they're at least trying to learn and hopefully future tournaments will bring that experience with them going forwards

If not the game will end up like overwatch, which is fun to play, super popular but somehow still completely dead in terms of viewership. Which I mean is completely okay, I have zero interest in competitive pubg when there's much better games for that out there, but it's probably not what PU wants since he seems to have a huge hard-on for esports

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Man I really need to start recording my games. Just got a chicken dinner with 8 kills where on three separate occasions someone had the drop on me and by all rights should have killed me but I was able to turn around and blast them. Including the last guy to win my chicken.

Everyone who's been recommending dropping on the military base until you Get Good? Do it. You'll both greatly improve your shooting AND it will help you keep your cool when shots matter.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I'd love to reply but I spent 15 minutes trying to find the round results and could only piece together the first round and the final results because this tournament has horrible production quality on most fronts.

I don't recall if he even interacted with another player in round 3. Boat to spawn island, boat back to western military island, get stuck and med as long as possible until the blue got him.

e: fastforwarded through a round 3 iso-cam and he sees one other person, who was also hiding in a boat behind the island to avoid any actual shooting

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
How about this for scoring: When you kill somebody, you get some portion of their point total added to yours. Just like a portion of their gear gets added to yours. :getin:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Pleads posted:

I'd love to reply but I spent 15 minutes trying to find the round results and could only piece together the first round and the final results because this tournament has horrible production quality on most fronts.

Agreed

quote:

I don't recall if he even interacted with another player in round 3. Boat to spawn island, boat back to western military island, get stuck and med as long as possible until the blue got him.

e: fastforwarded through a round 3 iso-cam and he sees one other person, who was also hiding in a boat behind the island to avoid any actual shooting

esports are different than real sports to me because I don't see most people watching to root for a particular player/team or honestly even care who wins, they just want to be entertained. I know people who are hardcore into the particular game may decry tactics a winner used to win but in my experience they are the minority, vocal as they may be.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Would you be more mad at a guy that shot at every guy he saw but missed 100% of his shots and went through 100's of rounds of ammo and still somehow won with 0 kills falling his way up every fight or evermore

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Would you be more mad at a guy that shot at every guy he saw but missed 100% of his shots and went through 100's of rounds of ammo and still somehow won with 0 kills falling his way up every fight or evermore

I don't care at all about esports but I would probably watch it if it was like that

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

Sorry if this has already been posted here, I'm about 15 pages behind but :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqOneZ4FdQk

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

GigaPeon posted:

You're probably right but have you considered the possibility of giving out points for sick bike flips?

But the game right now is the second most popular game on Twitch, so people must love watching this stuff, even without crazy scoring systems. If people can get a kick out of watching ONE guy run around for a half hour which is mostly downtime, it should mean that being able to follow 80-100 guys would make it an even more exciting experience.

The game just needs non-poo poo observer tools/camera person.

Yeah the game owns and is clearly super watchable. But this doesn't mean it's well suited to the tournament-commentators-prize pool esports model.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I know that being the last alive is the whole point of this game, but it's going to fail horribly as a spectator sport if they don't reward hunting down and murdering the other players. Naked guy running to the middle of every circle and getting 0 kills but winning a tournament will get old quick.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Danyull posted:

Sorry if this has already been posted here, I'm about 15 pages behind but :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqOneZ4FdQk

It has been posted and discussed, but it is also still very, very good.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
why dont they give points to people in the game the same exact way the game gives points to people in the game?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
FPP is so good for killing people while they loot. Back to back 200 meter headshots with the kark from 200 meters in duos :hellyeah:

El_Funko
May 25, 2003

Where did she go?
I'm super proud of this dumb play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOPVMkKithU

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

rarbatrol posted:

How about this for scoring: When you kill somebody, you get some portion of their point total added to yours. Just like a portion of their gear gets added to yours. :getin:

I'm a fan of this approach, either a portion, or a capitalized system, where you get your kills plus the kills of the guy you killed. Not sure if it should theoretically roll into last kill gets all kills, or if you just get self + kills, but making killing killers makes aggression much more rewarding, and it can make the random bush goon worthless in terms of points.

I also just want to point out that a robust custom game options set would make a tournament easier to arrange: change circle size/speeds/locations, point allotment, weapon availability, etc. It'll be fair because everyone would be subject to it.

For game ideas, I'd suggest drop with utility filled with a handful of random ammo, no ammo anywhere except airdrops. Would make shots valuable, hunting important, and crates a case of "risk life with melee, or risk running out of ammo away from the crate".

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/EvilAbrasiveTiger4Head

https://clips.twitch.tv/BrainyCleverYakPartyTime

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

im going to go pro at streaming pubg and playing 12 hours a day and link a clip of every single kill i get in this thread, and also whine about stream snipers

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
This game needs more fun poo poo, like a crappy remote control car with a go-pro on it for scouting out campers.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Motherfucker posted:

This game needs more fun poo poo, like a crappy remote control car with a go-pro on it for scouting out campers.

make this an alternate fire mode for the first aid kit

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Also an ultralight that is essentially a flying motorbike that lets me huck grenades off the side like an old timey world war one bomber

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
just add all the killstreaks from modern warfare 2 exactly as they were

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I can't imagine the ultralight being anything but a death trap for idiots... it'd be like strapping yourself to a giant kite and flying above the battleground for all to shoot. Although an uzi ultralight driveby on a rooftop sniper would be rad.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

violent sex idiot posted:

im going to go pro at streaming pubg and playing 12 hours a day and link a clip of every single kill i get in this thread, and also whine about stream snipers

same
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYuEKdASq3E

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

For CHRIST's sake add rocket launchers to this awful game

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

add an RPG7 but only one or two of them spawn per game and never within several hundreds yards of their ammo

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Okay but all the proposals involve potentially giving the win someone who did not win any games. In some of them, even someone who won twice could potentially lose the tournament. I think that's bad.

This already happens in other sports. If somebody comes 2nd in every formula 1 race of a season and nobody bags enough firsts, then the guy with the 2nds would win.

Maybe they should just run tournaments where it's "first player to 2 wins" and they play as many rounds as necessary?

BIFF!
Jan 4, 2009
Barrett 50 cal but you can only hipfire it but it has a 100 round mag

amotea
Mar 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer

why dont they give points to people in the game the same exact way the game gives points to people in the game?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

BIFF! posted:

Barrett 50 cal but you can only hipfire it but it has a 100 round mag

I swear there's some film where that literally happens but the M82 is also fully automatic while hipfired

Sadly i'm unable to find it as it may be something childhood me dreamed up, so have this instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J96X6ei7LRE&t=70s

bill paxton switching to thermal

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Small chance of thermal 2x scope in crates?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Motherfucker posted:

I too want the mini metal gear from MGS4

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Actually do this. Sa is at its best when threads are full of table breaking gfys and no one is posting words. Not sarcastic.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

my computer and interent connection are not powerful enough to stream at a resolution tha twould break tables sorry. it would end up with a bunch of blurry and also tiny clips

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Okay but all the proposals involve potentially giving the win someone who did not win any games. In some of them, even someone who won twice could potentially lose the tournament. I think that's bad.

This is a stupid post because the retail game that all us idiots play also uses kills for ratings, side-by-side with placements out of 100. The tournament rules ended up making kills worth LESS than they are in standard live games, which lead to the problem of camping.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

good thread, normal posts

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
I'd like to see Binoculars added in 8x/12x/15x flavors (bonus 6x w/rangefinder), and Directional Microphone (fits in pistol slot) with 100m base range with 200m/300m/400m range addon dishes laying around, and maybe a Spike Strip you can throw across roads (main weapon slot); more tools and support things in general.

I'd also like to see more useless/borderline weapons just to fill out the roster and make for good kill videos, like Sock Full Of Nickels and M1915 CSRG

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Aug 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
They can fix the water camping by adding a shark that eats players. Shark cam would be super entertaining as well. Hire me Bluehole.

• Locked thread