Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

visuvius posted:

John Hiatt makes incredibly boring, lovely music.

I'd never heard of him, and to this day, the only place I've ever heard him mentioned is on Carolla's show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Hyrax Attack! posted:

When I was listening years ago, Adam was obsessed with the Albert Brooks film "Defending Your Life", and called it a comedy masterpiece. I got around to watching it and it was fine for an early 1990s film but nothing special. Albert Brooks and Meryl Streep are likeable and some jokes are alright (although it has that odd early 1990s Japanese panic), but overall forgettable.

I dunno why Adam would be obsessed by it, the plot is predictable and there must be a hundred better comedies.

adam has dumb guy confidence where he doesn't watch many movies and also doesn't think about things critically, so any movie he remembers seeing more than once is by default a masterpiece

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
also lol at the idea of people still listening to adam in 2017

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

little munchkin posted:

also lol at the idea of people still listening to adam in 2017

I can't imagine how it is now. Does he have any new rants or is it still complaints about business class lounges and passion fruit iced tea?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Social Animal posted:

I can't imagine how it is now. Does he have any new rants or is it still complaints about business class lounges and passion fruit iced tea?

He make the crew listen to him racing his 5 million dollar Newman Porsche. Thats good pod. Not!

Or at least that what Ive read on dimeforscaledotcom. I quit listening.

Also he berates his employees for taking five minutes to look at the eclipse.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
my buddy interned at KROQ during the Loveline days and the only hard and fast rule he had was if he looked Adam Carolla in the eyes he would be immediately fired

this was like 2005

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
He may have been told that, but it really sounds like BS given that Adam obviously couldn't get anyone fired.

JB50 posted:

He make the crew listen to him racing his 5 million dollar Newman Porsche. Thats good pod. Not!

When it comes to "good pod", he never holds himself to the same standard. Lots of asking Gary or Chris to google image search something, and that's ignoring the really bad ones like racing clips (with audio) or trying to find an old apartment on Street View.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

~Coxy posted:

He may have been told that, but it really sounds like BS given that Adam obviously couldn't get anyone fired.

When it comes to "good pod", he never holds himself to the same standard. Lots of asking Gary or Chris to google image search something, and that's ignoring the really bad ones like racing clips (with audio) or trying to find an old apartment on Street View.

Listening to racing is bizarre for audio only, but the show's purpose is to entertain Adam - that it makes him money is a bonus.

Gina/Adam clearly don't give a poo poo about cars, which I wonder if that pisses off Adam. They're both complete sycophants to him now, living in fear that they'll be Allison'd.

I have no idea how Gary doesn't shoot himself. Adam uses him as a Google monkey, and when Gary says, 'I'm still trying to find it,', Adam responded, 'Find it faster!'.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Remember when he made them smell his racing outfit to prove he doesn't have BO?

I stopped listening awhile back but would still occasionally download Adam & Drew. That got to be a chore since he spent half the episode berating Drew for bumping a microphone or using the wrong coffee mug. He just seems like someone who isn't all that fun to be around.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I used to be a mega fan until maybe 2012. I remember a turning point was a bizarre feud with Kevin Smith where they rambled for two hours about nothing and I was baffled by what was going on. No jokes, and Smith seemed confused about why Adam was mad. Around that time I switched to Comedy Bang Bang and the land of not awful hosts.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

My turning point was downloading an episode of the home improvement show and he spent a good 45 minutes bashing Ray for being poor, not owning a home, and having a lovely job. Then an episode of Adam and Drew where he spent a half hour bashing Drew because he spilled some coffee in the studio.

Adam's always been an rear end in a top hat but Loveline Adam turned it into comedy and it wasn't mean-spirited. This came across cruel and listening to an insecure man bash his friends isn't all that entertaining. I understand why Ray hangs around, but I have no clue why Drew does. Also is he still married to Lynette? How has she not bolted?

I'll still download the classic Loveline episodes which have surprisingly aged well if I'm on a long car ride. That show was great.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Yeah, I dunno why Lynette would stick around.

And I just learned there's a Carollapedia. It appears to be quite hostile to Alison Rosen and Donny. http://dimeforscale.com/wiki/index.php?title=Alison_Rosen

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Yeah, I dunno why Lynette would stick around.

And I just learned there's a Carollapedia. It appears to be quite hostile to Alison Rosen and Donny. http://dimeforscale.com/wiki/index.php?title=Alison_Rosen

Seems like it just gives the facts. I dont see the hostility.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Good lord his recent guests are Dennis Prager, Bill O'Reilly, and that nutjob Dinesh D'Souza.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Good lord his recent guests are Dennis Prager, Bill O'Reilly, and that nutjob Dinesh D'Souza.

aaaaaaaaaaahahaha he has "i'm 36 not 56" dinesh as a guest holy shiiiiiiiiit

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

im glad his brain has been completely slurried by mangria

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
I thought Alison was cool and a good counterpart to reel Adam in, so sad she got sacked RIP this show

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Niwrad posted:

Dennis Prager isn't a literal felon like Dinesh, who is one of the stupidest and most abhorrent human beings in existence, but he IS a wife-rapist! Yep, Dennis Prager openly advocates forcing sex on your spouse. So glad I cut off listening to Adam when he started touring with that loving piece of poo poo.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

WEH posted:

aaaaaaaaaaahahaha he has "i'm 36 not 56" dinesh as a guest holy shiiiiiiiiit

you're thinking of dan nainan, the other sociopath indian dude

dinesh directed a bunch of right-wing documentaries about how hillary and obama are satan. also he went to prison for making political donations in other people's names.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I disagree with Adam on a lot of political issues but that's not what stopped me from listening to his show. It was hearing the same drat story over and over again for years that did it. D'Souza being on would probably have driven me away though, he's like laughably horrible.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

What confuses me is that Adam will have Jeff Goldblum on one episode, and the next one has an intern from the Man Show who became a life coach.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

https://mobile.twitter.com/emmettrensin/status/896803680200134656

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
I quit listening for good years ago when Drew asked someone to hand him his coffee and Adam said "you mean my coffee, I paid for it after all". I know enough petty insecure assholes in real life, I don't need to go looking for them on the internet.

I still keep up with this thread out of morbid curiosity and because hearing people poo poo on him (and Giovanni) is fun.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
As others have said I'm here to get trainwreck updates not because I like the guy anymore.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
What made me rage quit was when we had the 4th or th caller who just bitched about the people around them not having grit. Jesus Christ, what an unaware group of circle jerkers.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

UltraRed posted:

What made me rage quit was when we had the 4th or th caller who just bitched about the people around them not having grit. Jesus Christ, what an unaware group of circle jerkers.

I think they know they can get on the air if they just tee him up for some BS rant. Plus they seem to take a mandatory 3 callers almost every show, so it's pretty much guaranteed that if you call in and say anything that he wants to hear that you'll get on the air.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

I think what really made me stop liking his was his incessant ranting about those little people who get a little bit of power and become crazy with it. Like a security guard or someone doing customer service. He goes on tirades about how they need to just get out of his way and stop trying to exercise the little power they have. gently caress you, Adam. You're not any more special than anyone else. I kept listening because I enjoyed Alison and Brian, but I stopped when he fired Alison. I used to listen to his wife's podcast. I don't really anymore because I have other ones that have pushed it to the back burner. For the most part it was great, Lynette is a pretty funny person, but when she'd tell stories about Adam, it just reaffirmed how much of a dick head he is. I think Lynette really loves him and she's just one of those people who knows how to handle and be with a difficult person. She does not color him as wonderful.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Among other reasons, a huge thing that turned me off is his incessant ranting and demeaning of his mother. He is 53 loving years old and still harping on her like she wounded him yesterday. The guy goes to speak to loving congress and can't help but use the opportunity to poo poo on his mother. And the thing is, from what I've gathered over the years, his childhood wasn't that awful, especially relative to other kids who have had it way the gently caress worse and whined about it way less.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

jesus christ I hadn't heard he spoke before congress and it's about possibly the dumbest thing ever

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Tweak posted:

jesus christ I hadn't heard he spoke before congress and it's about possibly the dumbest thing ever

To be fair, scores of dumb people have testified in front of Congress. The weird thing is, so many people treat it as an accomplishment, but it's really not.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Red posted:

To be fair, scores of dumb people have testified in front of Congress. The weird thing is, so many people treat it as an accomplishment, but it's really not.

I'm going to assume it wasn't memorable like Mister Rogers or Frank Zappa.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Tweak posted:

The best part is that on his show with Mark Garagos, Mark asked him what committee he testified in front of as part of the natural conversation and Adam didn't even know. Like what the gently caress dude?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Moniker posted:

The best part is that on his show with Mark Garagos, Mark asked him what committee he testified in front of as part of the natural conversation and Adam didn't even know. Like what the gently caress dude?

Which episode?

Or does he literally have a show just with Garagos?

If the latter, what the christ? How many loving shows does this tool have?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Red posted:

Which episode?

he only has one way of making money in tyool 2017, and it's podcasting every minute of every day

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Red posted:

Which episode?

He has a show that is supposed to be about law and current popular cases, etc. It started out great but of course devolved into him screaming about his parents and other things that only a psychologist would care about.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I actually still listen to reasonable doubt. When Adam decides not to ruin it, it's actually a pretty informative show. Garagos knows his stuff.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

Human Tornada posted:

I still keep up with this thread out of morbid curiosity and because hearing people poo poo on him (and Giovanni) is fun.
Same. Is Giovanni still a complete sycophant or has he come to a similar realization because I always thought he was a sensible guy.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

huh how did your device auto correct, "insane" that badly

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Kaptain K posted:

Same. Is Giovanni still a complete sycophant or has he come to a similar realization because I always thought he was a sensible guy.

He's still insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Slightly positive development. Ace continues to be an insane, narcissistic, hypocritical prick but they've started a new segment in every podcast called Good Sports with Dameshek. Shek is great, the segment is always light and the theme song is pretty fantastic.