Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

RandomPauI posted:

They were too lazy to put the fruit pieces in the gelatin themselves. The Commonwealth nation's use jelly to mean gelatin while we use jelly to mean fruit spread.
The "serving suggestion" thing is just to cover themselves legally by indicating that the picture doesn't represent the contents of the package. The more reasonable cases are stuff like showing a bowl of cereal with strawberries on top and it just means "there aren't actually fresh strawberries and milk in this box, obviously." The less reasonable cases are things like this where they just show some other product and call it a serving suggestion because technically you could eat orange jelly with some oranges.

As for "jelly", it usually means sweet flavoured gelatin (you don't call plain gelatin "jelly") but you do also see products that I would be more likely to refer to as "jam" sold as "jelly" sometimes.

Jiru posted:

Finally, some fried grease! Chicken "mollejas" (gizzard). Again, a bit AFP even when well done. Those look like there's no meat in there.

I don't know, that looks pretty good to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Lutha Mahtin posted:

trap sprung.....?? :stonk:

God no, I'm vegetarian and have standards. I have a cat, I feed her lovely canned food as a treat sometimes and the gravy flavoring tasted the same way the extra gravy Fancy Feast smells.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fashionably Great posted:

God no, I'm vegetarian and have standards. I have a cat, I feed her lovely canned food as a treat sometimes and the gravy flavoring tasted the same way the extra gravy Fancy Feast smells.

I ate mozzarella sticks at a seaside diner once that tasted like how hamster cages smell

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Aesop Poprock posted:

I could read an entire thread of your dirt poverty childhood food and I mean that sincerely

Haha, oh god, I don't think there's really enough for a thread, and "Ask me about being raised by hippies who eat poo poo out of the woods like animals and won't let me watch The Simpsons or play with anything that looks like a gun" is too long to be a thread title. Also, my parents worked really hard and loved the poo poo out of us despite their general craziness and dysfunction.

Fashionably Great posted:

There is no smell in this world more disgusting to me than canned cat food. I've smelled a dead man's rotting rear end in a top hat* and it was preferable.

*Please note this was for academic reasons, not a sex thing.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Manuel Calavera posted:

I feel like this topic has come up before.

Blame folk on cardiac diets, or that need low sodium. They're unfortunately the hardest diets to account for, in terms of flavor, since salt = flavor, honestly. EXCESSIVE salt is the bad thing, but you need some salt in your food to have it taste like something.

But since we have to account for that diet, that means we can't really add much/any salt to food. So it's all relatively bland. And ask your nurse/the diet office, for extra salt. It'll help. at least.

I would read an A/T thread about this!

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I hope your corpse butthole phd is serving you well in the job market.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I've smelled a dead man's rotting rear end in a top hat

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

bloom posted:

I hope your corpse butthole phd is serving you well in the job market.

I just caught a Pokemon while sitting on the toilet at 2:30 PM, so YEAH :smith:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I just caught a Pokemon while sitting on the toilet at 2:30 PM, so YEAH :smith:

Congrats on your new magikrap

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

elise the great posted:

You don't wanna eat the bugs, you wanna eat what the bugs are eating. Or more specifically, the things the bugs would eat if they could get through the rind.

Sometimes I wonder if I have an extremely strange relationship with food

Nah that's just good sense. I'm also from Texas so I'm a little broken.

PiratePing
Jan 3, 2007

queck

elise the great posted:

You don't wanna eat the bugs, you wanna eat what the bugs are eating. Or more specifically, the things the bugs would eat if they could get through the rind.

Fruit evolved specifically to be tasty so that animals will eat it and help plants disperse their seeds. Fruits are tastiest when they're perfectly ripe so that the seeds will have the best chance of survival.

Your relationship with food is the result of a couple of million years of careful evolutionary market testing and conditioning (Brightly colored packaging! Sweet & juicy! Great for eating on the go!) , compelling you to punch that idiot bee and steal its lunch.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I would read an A/T thread about this!

That covers most of it, really. I'm not a Dietician, just a cook.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
These are what I got, and probably will eat for the thread sunday night

Look at that 2 star rating.....explains why they were 20% off

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

"Orange onion salad."

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
It's me, I'm the gayest garnish.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

There is no smell in this world more disgusting to me than canned cat food. I've smelled a dead man's rotting rear end in a top hat* and it was preferable.

smelling something often causes scent particles to enter the mouth, so you've probably tasted it too

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
That tuna loaf thing is extremely unsettling

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

KakerMix posted:

That tuna loaf thing is extremely unsettling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDGlN6mluGA

But also:
https://twitter.com/adultswim/status/888125585188298756

a kitten has a new favorite as of 19:10 on Aug 25, 2017

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
No, that should be Illegalize Ranch.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Elizabethan Error posted:

smelling something often causes scent particles to enter the mouth, so you've probably tasted it too

It's cool, I'd eaten at Taco Bell before, anyways.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

I won one of these at SDCC, but gave it away to someone because it wasn't designed for phablet phones

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:itwaspoo:

Ok I know it's not really poo, but...
What

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Aw hell yeah!

The Bloop posted:

:itwaspoo:

Ok I know it's not really poo, but...
What

Beef jerky. That could literally be my oven. Looks bad at first, but give it 6 or 8 hours, and it's prime eating. I buy the cheapest cheap-rear end cut of beef I can find, slice, marinate overnight, and dry in the oven. When I take it to work (3 pounds) it's usually gone the same day.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drat, I never knew you could gently caress up making pepper steak to this degree.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Where are the bitcoin GPUs?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Arivia posted:

Where are the bitcoin GPUs?

Its always been you :wink:

You are the bitcoin GPU.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

elise the great posted:

Yeah I'm gonna eat allll those delicious fruit flies

Seriously, anybody who's grown up near fruit trees of any decent variety can tell you that the bugs only cluster where the loot is good. If there's one pear tree where all the windfalls are like wasp landmines, that's the tree to pick from. If there's a big healthy fig just absolutely swarming with gnats, steal the gnats' lunch and hose off your bounty by the porch before you chow down. If there's a busted watermelon in the field and it's so covered with bees it makes your skin crawl, that's the vine to follow to the next big green ball.

This is true. My mother in law has a tree that grows the sweetest little peaches, and unsurprisingly those little peaches tend to be swarming with fruit flies a day or two after bringing a bag of them home.

Bitey Bunny
May 26, 2009

c h o m p
The gay garnishes are kinda cute, in an old lady sort of way :unsmith:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Panfilo posted:

This is true. My mother in law has a tree that grows the sweetest little peaches, and unsurprisingly those little peaches tend to be swarming with fruit flies a day or two after bringing a bag of them home.

I had an orange tree in the yard of my childhood home, but it eventually stopped growing oranges and started growing hornet nests instead.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Found one in the wild!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Those are arguably closer to cauliflower rice krispies than breadsticks.

hosed up either way though.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I would eat a cauliflower cheese bar. I would not pretend it was a breadstick. Cauliflower and cheese are fantastic together.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AlbieQuirky posted:

I would eat a cauliflower cheese bar. I would not pretend it was a breadstick. Cauliflower and cheese are fantastic together.

A lot of people hate cauliflower and I'll never understand why, it's like the least offensive vegetable possible

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lots of people probably had it boiled until it turned to mush

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
An actual legit chef made a super high effort, good ingredient version of those and even he said they were total garbage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ml451Phr68

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
drat, I've never seen Chef John get so snarky :allears:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Dave Grool posted:

An actual legit chef made a super high effort, good ingredient version of those and even he said they were total garbage

Something about the way he talks drives me crazy.

I'd listen to him all day though if the alternative was making/eating those things.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/tymetolove/status/900834630538063872

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Something about the way he talks drives me crazy.

I'd listen to him all day though if the alternative was making/eating those things.

Yeah he's super divisive, there's some sort of visceral sound thing that happens. It's kinda like how I get super creeped out and uncomfortable from ASMR videos, like I seriously can't watch those things for more than 15 seconds.