Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

I always thought Satan was the number one party dude

Lucifer was just the original, angry, teenage rebel who got angry that dad was paying more attention to humans than him.

Present day Satan is just an adapted pagan god given a new name and new branding to let you know that pagans are evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
If anything Satan wants liberation from God's perfect order. But unfortunately that sounds like he doesn't want any heavenly regulation to his markets and thus - uh oh.

And that's where I get really annoyed with the cowardice of the conservative. If they only had the balls to admit they wished evil on the world, that they didn't care, that want more and drat the consequences fully than at least they could honestly be the beast they claim to be in their actions. There is nothing more annoying than a monster who flails about trying to act like what they're not, but somehow still win because the prey is always dumb enough to buy their horrible lie.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Did the news even use the word "base" before Trump came along? I can't even remember.

edit: I don't remember much in general about the before time.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Aug 25, 2017

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

Cat Mattress posted:

Pretty much the exact opposite of two millennia of theology.

:ssh: McNaughton is Mormon. This is how Satan is often portrayed in Mormonism--his number one priority is to restrict human freedom. McNaughton thinks everyone believes this because he is an idiot.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Why Won't Hillary Clinton, She That Never Blinks, Stop Haunting My Waking Hours and Let Me Slumber by America.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
As I labor on considering what Donald Trump will gently caress up next, the only joy in life comes in finding some excuse for hating Hillary Clinton in 2017. Goddamn you woman, why didn't you become President?! - Andy Marlette.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

duz posted:

Just because you won't shut up about her, doesn't mean she actually is everywhere.

If Hillary Clinton isn't around everywhere, why do I keep insisting that she is?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

they asked if he wanted to switch games so he wouldn't be roasted on twitter THEY ASKED IF HE WANTED TO SWITCH GAMES THEY loving ASKED IF HE WANTED TO SWITCH GAMES

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

D.N. Nation posted:

they asked if he wanted to switch games so he wouldn't be roasted on twitter THEY ASKED IF HE WANTED TO SWITCH GAMES THEY loving ASKED IF HE WANTED TO SWITCH GAMES

Glad to know I'm not the only person who's had their brain broken by political cartoons.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Samurai Sanders posted:

Did the news even use the word "base" before Trump came along? I can't even remember.

Absolutely. I remember hearing it all the time when I first started paying attention to politics in like 2004.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

duz posted:

Just because you won't shut up about her, doesn't mean she actually is everywhere.

The right still brings her up whenever they need a distraction, and boy, do they need distractions these days. So to be fair, he probably sees her on his favorite news sources constantly. And she hides under his bed, he knows it, she's in his medicine cabinet, there is no escape from the Pantsuited One, oh, god, oh god, she wants to suck the guns out of his blood.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

I always thought Satan was the number one party dude

Satan was the guy hired by god to test the faith of humans.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

seiferguy posted:

I know a goon (probably Rorus) made an edit of this that was really good.

It was me actually.

And as I was making this one I think I finally came to truly understand what Rust Cohle meant when he said “Time is a flat circle. Everything we have done or will do we will do over and over and over again—forever.”

Koishi Komeiji fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 25, 2017

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Wait I just noticed the gearwork in Branco's conveyor belt. All the wheels are turning at different speeds.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Abyssal Squid posted:

Wait I just noticed the gearwork in Branco's conveyor belt. All the wheels are turning at different speeds.

At least there are arrows on the belt so that we don't think that antifa are being changed into college students backwards.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

DreamShipWrecked posted:

At least there are arrows on the belt so that we don't think that antifa are being changed into college students backwards.

But they aren't standing on it, or don't have feet or ankles.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The gently caress is stopping you, Ted?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Cythereal posted:

In Christian theology, it's unclear that Satan is even a thing, or at least anything resembling his pop culture depiction.

Also note that the Rapture is nowhere to be found in the Bible and "antichrist" is a term applied to anyone who is against Christ, not a singular figure.

Also note that 777 is the number of divinity in the Bible. 666 is a representation of man's near-miss of divine nature, so it sure sounds like Satan is the avatar of man's failings and not the cause of them.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Just straight up cribbing Amazon reviews

D.N. Nation posted:

This single event was the luckiest stroke for propaganda cartoonists. "Jeez one of our most ardent followers took our views to their logical conclusion, how am I ever going to spin this so we look like the victims??? Oh look: an ESPN alert..."

Duke Igthorn fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Aug 25, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yes. Every election since at least Clinton had talk about the "base" of one party or the other.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

The point is good, drawing still looks absolute poo poo

lmao the :ohdear: face

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Back to form! That's the Ted Rall we've come to love to loathe.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
There's been some great cartoon metaphors for "the navy really is loving up a lot right now."

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump's presidency – Donald Trump unleashed fresh volley of tweets in which he attacked fellow Republicans and depicted himself replacing Barack Obama in a ‘solar eclipse’"

Telegraph:

Proportion of students getting good GCSE grades falls after reforms; Big net migration fall since Brexit vote, latest estimates show

Independent:

Shadow minister faces backlash over women-only train carriage idea; New CCTV of Corbyn's 'traingate' journey published

Times:

Evening Standard:

Fleets of 'driverless' lorries will be trialled on Britain's motorways from next year, Government announces

Mail:
Mac on... British man arrested in Turkey for collecting coins while snorkelling

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Glad to see that some things never change and the thread still bends over backwards to hate Ted Rall.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Why am I not surprised Mac advocated kidnapping women, stripping them nude, and shoving them into suitcases.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Why am I not surprised Mac advocated kidnapping women, stripping them nude, and shoving them into suitcases.

Fish lady is super relieved that security has saved her from being sold on the darkweb though.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

R. Mute posted:

Glad to see that some things never change and the thread still bends over backwards to hate Ted Rall.

It's more that for every decent comic, he has half a dozen that pretty much say the opposite thing.

Like re: the nazi one, yeah, you should do something. Know what you could have done? Not drawn an equivalency between Hillary (emails!) and Trump (actually supported by Nazis) for like six loving months. Maybe if he would look in the mirror a bit people would ease up on him.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

JerikTelorian posted:

It's more that for every decent comic, he has half a dozen that pretty much say the opposite thing.

Like re: the nazi one, yeah, you should do something. Know what you could have done? Not drawn an equivalency between Hillary (emails!) and Trump (actually supported by Nazis) for like six loving months. Maybe if he would look in the mirror a bit people would ease up on him.
Exactly as I said, yes.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

R. Mute posted:

Please share some of his good qualities if you think he's not getting a fair shake.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Spun Dog posted:

Please share some of his good qualities if you think he's not getting a fair shake.

He good at losing lawsuits

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

JerikTelorian posted:

I'm not saying Ted Rall is a "good cartoonist" or anything like that but I don't think having criticized Hillary Clinton disqualifies you from hating Nazis

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

loquacius posted:

I'm not saying Ted Rall is a "good cartoonist" or anything like that but I don't think having criticized Hillary Clinton disqualifies you from hating Nazis

Equating Hillary to Trump does though

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I think we all can agree advocating political violence makes him a shitheel.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Ramos posted:

I don't know about that, skipper.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Spun Dog posted:

Not having followed the thread for a while but knowing Rall, that's probably his least bad cartoon he's made in ages and y'all acting like he took a poo poo in your soup.

Ramos posted:

Political violence is great, when applied correctly.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Anyone with eyes should hate ted rall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

loquacius posted:

You can both hate nazis and also be part of the problem that has given them renewed prominence.

• Locked thread