Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

that weaksauce is neither buff nor gay I want my money back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TG-Chrono posted:

Annotated quote from recent Edge magazine feature:

"There's so much new content that at one point in development [after 55 hours into the game] they realised they had more content than progression (something they've subsequently fixed)"

"Patrols and Strikes — the only PVE activities available in Destiny 1 outside of story missions — don’t unlock until the final third of the campaign, and until the notification popped up we hadn’t even noticed their absence. In total there are over 80 missions and activities in Destiny 2, and each is substantial — in length, challenge, story and reward."

Strikes being past mid game is pretty interesting.

Get dem poopsocks ready boys.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I have a steel chain mail poop sock and it is going to carry me to Osiris

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
You know what else is substantial in length, challenge, story and reward?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Fable

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Don't do that btw it can gently caress your teeth up!!!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

You can get new teeth my man

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Guardian

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Don't do that btw it can gently caress your teeth up!!!

gently caress i lold when i saw some oval office lose a tooth doing that.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The secret of a good loot game is big shoulder pads, and incrementing the size of the shoulderpads beyond what is physically possible.

The reason expansions and DLC's exist is so the devs can reset the size of shoulder pads so they can start with "too big" again.

Well.. is not so much a secret, something we don't normally speak about.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

Tei posted:

The secret of a good loot game is big shoulder pads, and incrementing the size of the shoulderpads beyond what is physically possible.

The reason expansions and DLC's exist is so the devs can reset the size of shoulder pads so they can start with "too big" again.

Well.. is not so much a secret, something we don't normally speak about.

Hats and shoulder pads are the most satisfying loots

And weapons uber alles

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

:siren::siren: Attention to Bone Krew. :siren::siren: The Clan has been culled and if you wish to continue to play on in the clan in D2 please re-apply on the Bungie website. Ya Boy Ethan Couch should have a google spread sheet up to sign up on with in a few hours and posted here in the thread.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
What's the best class for a low to medium skilled shooter player on consoles?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I will sign up but I also might be murdered by Hurricane Harvey tonight so if I die someone can have my spot

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Adregan posted:

:siren::siren: Attention to Bone Krew. :siren::siren: The Clan has been culled and if you wish to continue to play on in the clan in D2 please re-apply on the Bungie website. Ya Boy Ethan Couch should have a google spread sheet up to sign up on with in a few hours and posted here in the thread.

Spreadsheets?

That's some dabadu poo poo right there

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

CheeseFactory posted:

Spreadsheets?

That's some dabadu poo poo right there

How else do you track important information like refractory period?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Bungie website is telling me the clan isn't found.

Did you go boneless on us?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Destiny app says it's down for maintenance.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Daric posted:

I will sign up but I also might be murdered by Hurricane Harvey tonight so if I die someone can have my spot

Same

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Site it still up for me

Optical Inch
Oct 26, 2002

Soiled Meat

Feenix posted:

I created it. It was originally "Rad Dad Raid Brigade" built for those of us with less time but just as much passion...

[Ed] I'll make it again if there's interest. Anyone welcome... just, built to be more accommodating to those with tight schedules / kids / high maintenance wives, etc...

Share Clan
https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2077314

This is exactly my speed and also I'm not a douche bag

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Feenix posted:

I created it. It was originally "Rad Dad Raid Brigade" built for those of us with less time but just as much passion...

[Ed] I'll make it again if there's interest. Anyone welcome... just, built to be more accommodating to those with tight schedules / kids / high maintenance wives, etc...

Share Clan
https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2077314

I've applied as well. PSN: mhache

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Daric posted:

Bungie website is telling me the clan isn't found.

Did you go boneless on us?

Easiest way to find a clan is to find someone who is already in it and then see which groups they're a member of.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

I'm seriously dying here at how our clan admins made a ball gag swooping hawk banner.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
:yikes:

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Where are you? I'm in northwest Houston so I'm assuming I'll be trapped inside for a few days but nothing too serious.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Didn't see this get posted: https://youtu.be/bXsnxE-9GIE

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

shooting bad guys!

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Louis the birb is gonna steal the show

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

YO FRIENDOS AND FRIENDAS

We're getting a bunch of Clan Invite requests and can't tell if they're randos or actual goons/goonfriends.

If you apply to join the PS4/PC Big Dumb Space Mans®, please take a moment to post either in this thread letting us know that you/your friends applied, or join the Discord below and introduce yourself.

Really even if you just feel like hanging out with us, you should come hang and introduce yourself, it's a cool and good place to hang out, shitpost, talk about guns and cars, relax, etc.

https://discord.gg/HeAf6Vc

AAB posted:

Louis the birb is gonna steal the show

Louis Hawkke/Ralph Cluck for President 2020

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 25, 2017

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Daric posted:

Where are you? I'm in northwest Houston so I'm assuming I'll be trapped inside for a few days but nothing too serious.

I live NW houston too

So this isn't completely off topic poptarts are popular hurricane food too, not just for gamers. Kinda glad this is happening now and not 2 weeks from now, I got a video game to play. I picked up some Dunkin Donuts Chocolate Mocha Limited Edition poptarts, anyone know how the exp boost thing works?

Parts of the coast could get up to 3 feet of rain!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That KINK banner is so good. And our tag good too... god it's so tempting to double dip ps4/pc. 1.5 months is a long time....

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

texaholic posted:

I live NW houston too

So this isn't completely off topic poptarts are popular hurricane food too, not just for gamers. Kinda glad this is happening now and not 2 weeks from now, I got a video game to play. I picked up some Dunkin Donuts Chocolate Mocha Limited Edition poptarts, anyone know how the exp boost thing works?

Parts of the coast could get up to 3 feet of rain!

I'll PM you my cell phone number just in case. Stay safe man! I'm going to be playing Destiny 1 for one last hurrah this whole weekend assuming the power doesn't go out.

Edit: Nevermind, you don't have PM's but just let me know on here if you need anything. We're hunkered down with beer and water over here.

Daric fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Aug 25, 2017

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

texaholic posted:

I live NW houston too

So this isn't completely off topic poptarts are popular hurricane food too, not just for gamers. Kinda glad this is happening now and not 2 weeks from now, I got a video game to play. I picked up some Dunkin Donuts Chocolate Mocha Limited Edition poptarts, anyone know how the exp boost thing works?Parts of the coast could get up to 3 feet of rain!

You have to take a picture of the receipt and text it to the number, after September 1.. I'm hoping they'll honor the ones I already got on account of being buried in the middle of a Declaration of Independence-length grocery bill.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Daric posted:

I'll PM you my cell phone number just in case. Stay safe man! I'm going to be playing Destiny 1 for one last hurrah this whole weekend assuming the power doesn't go out.

Edit: Nevermind, you don't have PM's but just let me know on here if you need anything. We're hunkered down with beer and water over here.

Will do, we were living here during the 2016 tax day floods and never lost power even though the streets were inaccessible for a day or so. I got plenty of beer and water yesterday.

the good fax machine posted:

You have to take a picture of the receipt and text it to the number, after September 1.. I'm hoping they'll honor the ones I already got on account of being buried in the middle of a Declaration of Independence-length grocery bill.

thanks, I am super lazy and this sounds like too much work.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, I was kinda hoping they'd just print the stupid codes inside the box

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I'm liking the new world design. Terrain in the EDZ looks really varied and different from what we've seen. A lot of verticality.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

What happened to goddamn instant win twist-off soda caps? Let me just get my free soda from the gas station darnit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Bone Krew Clan profile for those on Xbox that need to re-sign up https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=313913