Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

WampaLord posted:

I agree with everything else and also think the spoilers are fake and bad, but now that we know Rhaegar actually married Lyanna Stark, Jon's a legitimate Targ, so a Jon/Dany child wouldn't be a bastard.

But thanks to all the inbreeding in the Targayen line it would have a gene pool shallower than Joffreys...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

If the music is already out doesn't that imply the scripts are and have been done for a while?

Or is that s7 music and i'm a retard

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

In It For The Tank posted:

Euron is certainly being set up as a major player for the next phase of the story and his narrative trajectory seems like it will bring him into conflict with Dany (through dragon theft) and Cersei (by invading the Reach) but there's also foreshadowing that he'll ally with one or both of them (Dany's dream about a blue-lipped lover + House of the Undying vision of one her lovers being represented by a corpse on the prow of a ship smiling sadly; Aeron has a fever dream after ingesting Shade of the Evening in which he sees Euron handing around a figure that is probably Cersei [or Dany] + their alliance on the show). Thematically, one can also interpret Euron as a kind of Anti-Bran, since there's the implication that he was once groomed by the Three Eyed Crow like Bran was (the crow imagery, one eye imagery, dreams of flying as a child) and he's like the only character in the series who is embracing magic and exploiting it to acquire power, so he has the potential to be a lasting antagonist.

Really, I like Euron being the final antagonist in a kind of Saruman at the Scouring of the Shire kind of the way because his inclusion in the story is kind of "forced"* (and I mean that in a good way): he's the type of monster that can only rise to prominence as a result of the chaos created by the War of the Five Kings (hence his true introduction in AFFC, which deals with the postwar) so he's clawed his way into the story and will claw his way to the top by exploiting blood magic and god knows what else (if we're looking at all the vague Lovecraftian imagery with the Drowned God and the history of the Iron Islands in TWOIAF). I've seen other people speculate that the show has cribbed the "Night's King steals a dragon and burns down the Wall" thing from Book Euron, and, while I wouldn't go that far, for him to do something catastrophic like that would fit with what we know about him. Anyone interested in knowing more should go read Poor Quentyn's Eldritch Apocalypse theory which, while a bit out there, is a fun read.

* see also Aegon, who is a pretender in every sense of the word as he is designed from the ground up to steal Jon and Dany's thunder as both Rhaegar's lost son in hiding and the exiled heir to the throne returning to reclaim their birthright.

AKA Victarion in the book of course, book Euron is a non-character.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2017/08/25/here_s_why_arya_s_and_sansa_s_conflict_is_the_most_realistic_part_of_game.html

lmao

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

lezard_valeth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNjkUduAlHI

This one is good too. If Nikolaj and Lena act good (which they usually do) and the scene is well directed (which lately usually isn't) in order to follow the music's beats this could be a really great scene.

Music is composed and performed to conform to the final version of picture, not vice versa. I'm just glad nobody's blaming Ramin Djawadi for anything, his poo poo is excellent.

TK-42-1 posted:

If the music is already out doesn't that imply the scripts are and have been done for a while?

Or is that s7 music and i'm a retard

It's s7 but if you're a retard I'm surprised to see that most of the people itt know how to read and spell.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

wooger posted:

Victarion's a tremendously fun character but he's a chump doomed to die. Euron has been built up to be a big deal (tm) throughout the second half of the story, especially after what we see in Aeron's TWOW chapter.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

wooger posted:

All of the kings in the books count as non-characters.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Propaganda Machine posted:

Music is composed and performed to conform to the final version of picture, not vice versa. I'm just glad nobody's blaming Ramin Djawadi for anything, his poo poo is excellent.

It's s7 but if you're a retard I'm surprised to see that most of the people itt know how to read and spell.

hard to read small text on youtube previews on my phone

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
https://twitter.com/broderick/status/900830447944466434

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Is GRRM warging into Jon Snuh or vice versa?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
"Too fat for my armor eh?" - Jon Snow in 20 years

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I hope Robby B shared the breastplate stretcher technology.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Why do yall call Dany Kelly C

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

kha lee see

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

Because idiot show watchers do. I'm not kidding, a non-zero chunk of GoT viewers think Daenerys' name is Kelly C.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Efexeye posted:

kha lee see

Ah, ok

Makes sense, at least

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Kelly C was married to Carl Dragon.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

WampaLord posted:

Because idiot show watchers do. I'm not kidding, a non-zero chunk of GoT viewers think Daenerys' name is Kelly C.

To be fair, even Jorah thinks her name is Kelly C. He was even addressing her as such in his suicide letter, like come on man, you are writing a heartfelt letter, drop the honorifics.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Soul Glo posted:

I thought it was a joke about Kelly Clarkson

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

precision posted:

I thought it was a joke about Kelly Clarkson

I was actually over here like "well shes blonde like kellyanne conway but i dont think that could be it"

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

clown shoes posted:

Kelly C was married to Carl Dragon.

An now she is banging John Sneau

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
read the spoilers that are being thrown around, and has anyone pointed out that the reason they have got to be fan fiction is because they were posted before the dickish Maesters were laughing at the prophecy about the drowned god killing Euron the conquer, and they don't take that Obvious Clue into account?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

real are spoilers, freefolk in denial

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

holy gently caress, this is creepy. kit harrington is gonna wear GRRM's skin as a jacket one day (and hopefully finish the books for us)

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

real are spoilers, freefolk in denial

They've never been wrong about what is and isn't spoilers before.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i never understood growing a beard when you can't get full coverage

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Jeb! Repetition posted:

They've never been wrong about what is and isn't spoilers before.

Nah, everyone was calling fakes before poo poo was confirmed with on set leaks.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Nah, everyone was calling fakes before poo poo was confirmed with on set leaks.

Toxx it, then. If you're so sure the leaks are real put your money where your mouth is.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Groovelord Neato posted:

i never understood growing a beard when you can't get full coverage

yeah it never looks good. at all.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

grack posted:

Toxx it, then. If you're so sure the leaks are real put your money where your mouth is.

lol OK. why don't you toxx that not a single spoilered thing happens.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'll go ahead and bet a fruit hat eating that about 50% of those season 8 spoilers are correct.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah but we know so much about what HAS to happen that anyone could guess about the last season and get half the story beats right.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

precision posted:

Yeah but we know so much about what HAS to happen that anyone could guess about the last season and get half the story beats right.

Yeah I was just thinking that. If that leak is 100% made-up some of it will still end up happening just because it's a logical direction for the story to go in. Like there's about a 99% chance there will be a battle at Winterfell and that the heroes will lose the battle, just because that's a logical place for the white walkers to go next and it would be pretty anticlimactic to beat them in the first fight.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Jorah is her brother? And when did Jon find out last season who his real father is???

so is generics and Jon Snow cousins???

Nope. King Robert was Ned Starks best friend and is Jon's father. Jon's mother was Ned Starks sister.

Jamie is a Targaryen. Jamie is Azor Ahai.

All direct copy pastes from the comments on a facebook post by AT&T

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

It means that the GoT main cast earn about half as much as the top 3 billed actors on The Big Bang Theory.

Though I mean, say what you will about the Big Bang Theory but Jim Parsons and Kaley Cuoco are better at acting than Kit and Emilia, so maybe they deserve more?

Yea, no. They aren't.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

So who did they cast to play Rhaegar? Supposedly theres gonna be the wedding flashback on Sunday when Bran and Sam meet at Winterfell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lXlzSMTKhQ

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Constant posted:

So who did they cast to play Rhaegar? Supposedly theres gonna be the wedding flashback on Sunday when Bran and Sam meet at Winterfell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lXlzSMTKhQ

https://www.google.com/search?q=Wilf+Scolding&source=lnms&tbm=isch

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

:negative:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

They should have cast Crispin Glover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007