Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Rinkles posted:

I'm guessing no, but with all that the dlc has changed, would Destiny now be a serviceable single player (I get that you have to be online) Borderlands substitute? In early Destiny I didn't like the mission structure, tone, loot acquisition, and pretty boring character customization (skill trees). In other words I'm looking for "diablo with guns", and vanilla destiny for me was bad at that.
Depends on what you want, I guess. Destiny has a bit more structure and linear level design. However, the loot pool is less varied than Borderlands. Borderlands has bigger areas to explore and more character customization options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Having MMO-style RPG-style high-HP bullet sponge bosses was the thing that dissuaded my interest in Destiny.

The ideal FPS MMO should basically just be DOOM on a global scale. Have people form four-man units, have waves and waves of enemies with a ton of variety and types, and don't even really bother with bosses. If you need raids or instances, then make them like you would a level or sequence in an offline shooter game, but expand the scale and scope for an online environment.

I dunno if any of that is really feasible though.

revolther
May 27, 2008
Your opinions are bad and you should feel bad.

That sounds loving awful.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Sakurazuka posted:

Gimme the 2Butt

please

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Having MMO-style RPG-style high-HP bullet sponge bosses was the thing that dissuaded my interest in Destiny.

The ideal FPS MMO should basically just be DOOM on a global scale. Have people form four-man units, have waves and waves of enemies with a ton of variety and types, and don't even really bother with bosses. If you need raids or instances, then make them like you would a level or sequence in an offline shooter game, but expand the scale and scope for an online environment.

I dunno if any of that is really feasible though.

Soooo Planetside 2?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
i suffered a cool death in farcry 4 last night. i was flying a hang glider when i dropped off the glider and deployed the wingsuit only to have the glider ram me in the back of the head and kill me instantly :thumbsup: :bravo:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Fix posted:

I don't suppose anyone here checked out The Golf Club or its sequel, did they?

My partner and I got Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 for PS3 for like $2 and it was the best value purchase I've made in years. We played the poo poo out of that game and when there were no more challenges to conquer I started looking for other golf games to fill the void. Rory McElroy didn't do it. The Golf Club didn't do it. I'm optimistic about Everybody's Golf because it has what I'm looking for in a golf game: in-depth character customization, stats the improve with use, and light arcade-y physics.

To talk about The Golf Club specifically, I think it was too much of a pure golf sim for my tastes. We couldn't figure out how to access a lot of courses and the game kept pushing us to play user created ones. Character creation was pretty much non-existent and it lacked much of a fun factor. I think there were some load time issues too. This isn't to say it was a bad game, just not what I was looking for. For the record, my partner used to play golf for her high school and while my brother got a set of clubs from our stepdad, I got Pokemon Blue. So I don't know a Wood from the hole in the ground, which definitely affected my enjoyment of The Golf Club.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I think I'm almost finished with the tiny open world section of uncharted lost legacy and it was fun. The micro-puzzles were fun and a step up from stuff in the previous UC games

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Don't get into Destiny because the sequel comes out in two weeks and it looks like it'll have much better PVE than the first one did. Wait a bit to be sure it has a good reception and then get that instead.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You know, all the other major publishers cleared the gently caress out of the way of Destiny 2's release date because they knew they coudn't hang.

Except for one PS4 game coming out literally the day before -- you know who.

Such power. Such confidence.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The demo felt and looked exactly like Destiny 1 to the point where I wasn't sure why it was a sequel and not just more DLC

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

fridge corn posted:

i suffered a cool death in farcry 4 last night. i was flying a hang glider when i dropped off the glider and deployed the wingsuit only to have the glider ram me in the back of the head and kill me instantly :thumbsup: :bravo:

You haven't really played a GTA or Saints Row until you manage to get driven over by your own car.

Sakurazuka posted:

The demo felt and looked exactly like Destiny 1 to the point where I wasn't sure why it was a sequel and not just more DLC

Probably so they can un-gently caress the engine from the ground up.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I really wish Destiny 2 could be higher than 30fps or whatever it was in the beta.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

I really wish Destiny 2 could be higher than 30fps or whatever it was in the beta.

Yeah it's insanely lazy developing. Scale back the graphics and make it 60FPS, it's an online shooter for gently caress sake!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Samurai Sanders posted:

The PC beta comes out on Monday and should hit 60 on sufficient hardware.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You can play Destiny at 144 fps on the PC

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Samurai Sanders posted:

For the low low entry price of only ~$1,200 this too can be yours. :pcgaming::pcgaming::pcgaming:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You know, all the other major publishers cleared the gently caress out of the way of Destiny 2's release date because they knew they coudn't hang.

Except for one PS4 game coming out literally the day before -- you know who.

Such power. Such confidence.

What game is it?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

VideoGames posted:

What game is it?

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I'm just gonna guess charlie is speaking about knack 2

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Oh man, how can Destiny 2 compare to Knack 2. It's not fair on Bungie. Foolish!!

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Rinkles posted:

I'm guessing no, but with all that the dlc has changed, would Destiny now be a serviceable single player (I get that you have to be online) Borderlands substitute? In early Destiny I didn't like the mission structure, tone, loot acquisition, and pretty boring character customization (skill trees). In other words I'm looking for "diablo with guns", and vanilla destiny for me was bad at that.

My experience with Destiny was playing it for awhile, realizing 'This is just a bad Borderlands" and then buying and enjoying the Pre-Sequel.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

My experience with Destiny is that it has better shooting than Borderlands, like waaaaaaay better gunplay. I played a lot of BL1, loved 2 but once you reached higher difficulties it was frustrating as most weapons were just awful and had to mod the droprates on PC. Destiny at least has good FPS mechanics while being a MMO. This is coming from someone that didn't give a drat about Destiny lore.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah it's insanely lazy developing. Scale back the graphics and make it 60FPS, it's an online shooter for gently caress sake!

They claim the ai cant run at 60. Like its not a graphics issue, Jaguar cpu isnt strong enough for the simulation they are running

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Call me a freak, but Destiny looks weird at 60 FPS. Makes me feel like I'm playing Call of Duty.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Harlock posted:

Call me a freak, but Destiny looks weird at 60 FPS. Makes me feel like I'm playing Call of Duty.

It's you, you're the one that they are making things cinematic for. We found him.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Marvel Heroes needs to stop adding single heroes that you can't test out and cost 20 loving dollars to unlock

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Also it needs to stop kicking my rear end at the Cosmic Trial, I'm Doctor Strange god drat it stop hitting me so hard!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Really, who the gently caress is gonna pay $20 to unlock Elektra?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

glam rock hamhock posted:

Really, who the gently caress is gonna pay $20 to unlock Elektra?

Someone that really likes the Netflix Marvel shows, I'd imagine.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Here's the wisdom from PC Marvel Heores buyers: only buy heroes when they do a BOGO sale

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It's you, you're the one that they are making things cinematic for. We found him.

Someone has to counterbalance the csgo nerds who insist on running the game at 144fps on high refresh monitors. and then are those who argue that playing at 300fps on a 60hz monitor is actually better because it's not about seeing the frames, it's about having them there to use even when you dont get to see them. they're all into homeopathy for frame rates.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Policenaut posted:

Also it needs to stop kicking my rear end at the Cosmic Trial, I'm Doctor Strange god drat it stop hitting me so hard!

I finally did it and I blame my own complaining for it. Thanks, me!

Also I wish Marvel Heroes would get some more of those PC version heroes, wanna try Ultron a lot.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I've been googling around and didn't find the PS Plus games for september so I guess it is too early to know them, right? I hope they keep up with the quality and counter attack Microsoft's lineup for september (Forza 5/Oxenfree for bone and BF3/Hydro thunder hurricane for 360).

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Guillermus posted:

I've been googling around and didn't find the PS Plus games for september so I guess it is too early to know them, right? I hope they keep up with the quality and counter attack Microsoft's lineup for september (Forza 5/Oxenfree for bone and BF3/Hydro thunder hurricane for 360).
It's the last Wednesday of the month they reveal

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

this is a gang tag i can get behind

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
You know, one thing that always bugs me in movies and games (mostly, like, Uncharted, etc..) is you do all this running around, killing, puzzle solving, for poo poo that apparently NO one has ever figured out, and then it opens up a BIG rear end DOOR to an OPEN-TOPPED valley which could have been easily spotted from a helicopter.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

To enjoy Uncharted the best thing is to not think about it too hard.

Although, it's still hard not to laugh at the idea that Ancient people had all of this unbelievable engineering capability and they wasted it all on locking doors with easy puzzles a 5 year old could solve. Might have been better off inventing a padlock.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Aug 25, 2017

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They're based on Indiana Jones movies which were based on old adventure serials; the tropes for those were laid down before we had satellite photography and helicopters that could fly over mountains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Feenix posted:

You know, one thing that always bugs me in movies and games (mostly, like, Uncharted, etc..) is you do all this running around, killing, puzzle solving, for poo poo that apparently NO one has ever figured out, and then it opens up a BIG rear end DOOR to an OPEN-TOPPED valley which could have been easily spotted from a helicopter.

To be fair that's kinda the point in this case; Everyone looks for the New Capital, the Old Capital is actually hidden away in a massive cave.