Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
lol

https://twitter.com/WesleyGoodman/status/901131905642487808

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
The overplayed meme girls are v cute

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

Wegmans is the only actually good supermarket and the only good thing about Western New York

WINCO is a p good super market chain in the west

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

a good band

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

^^^ Murder by Death is a great movie ^^^

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/901131697953144832

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

b..but IM the overplayed meme girl :blush:

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Calibanibal posted:

its not the makuep itself its the labor of applying it. imagine how hard it is to make sociopath politicians look human

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Agrajag posted:

lol macron is pretty bad at this

What has he done to get that unpopular that fast?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
piggly wiggly will survive amazon's cowardly attempts at owning every grocery store

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

now imagine what that iguana looked like BEFORE 30k makeup

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://twitter.com/KateAronoff/status/901131910159773698

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

That DICK! posted:

as a wrestling fan the idea of the people of Corpus Christie standing emotionless as a hurricane sweeps them to their deaths is very funny to me

maybe this will finally get vince to stop booking shows there

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/353352493947830272

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

GobiasIndustries posted:

be macron

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

GobiasIndustries posted:

30k on makeup and something to do with allowing companies to fire workers a lot easier i think

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Calibanibal posted:

now imagine what that iguana looked like BEFORE 30k makeup

white?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Agrajag posted:

30k on makeup and something to do with allowing companies to fire workers a lot easier i think

sounds like he's keeping his campaign promises???

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Zokari posted:

:shrug: i don't follow french politics

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Squizzle posted:

im trying to remember the statistic and its both v old and came from an insurance agent so grain of salt but

something like..........a quarter??? of all flood insurance claims come from outside of flood areas that require flood insurance, meaning from the minority of people in those areas who made a point to buy insurance that wasnt forced on them

if you live anywhere that might remotely see flooding you really should buy flood insurance

Same thing happened in FL after Andrew but as we all know, nature finds a way. All the hurricaneproof building standards and shatter-resistant windows and roofing straps ain't doing poo poo for sinkholes lol.

I remember growing up in a pre-Andrew house and we moved into a newer construction house when I was a teenager and it was super visible how different poo poo was made - the windows were these tubular steel-framed tall and narrow things with all sorts of safety logos in the corner like cars have, exterior walls were cement block, the rafters in the garage were all braced down to the walls, the laundry room was buffered from the garage with a little mud room that had steel deadbolting doors on both sides, it was separately reinforced and vented the dryer up through the attic and out the gable instead of a typical lower-run vent hose. Thunder and sonic booms didn't rattle a drat thing.

My college apartment in Orlando remained standing through Charley with all windows and sliding balcony doors intact, despite losing most of the vinyl siding and having the breezeways clogged with palm fronds.

Now all the new construction does is generate lawsuits because the exterior walls immediately start crumbling under their own weight and stress as the building settles, roofs just lift right the hell off, all those big pretty picture windows implode if you look at them mean, and that doesn't count stuff like not supporting the massive growth of impermeable sprawl with appropriate drainage capacity or managing waterways to handle the increased runoff. Retention ponds made 30 years ago just overflow and flood roadways whenever it rains and that's in the armpit north of Tampa that thinks they're impervious to hurricanes.

I mean I don't live down there anymore but my father funds his mountain climbing habit buying foreclosure properties and underwriting his own 15-year mortgages at $600-700 a month to people who get told to gently caress off by banks. Hasn't had to foreclose on anyone in 12 years of doing it, but refuses to purchase anything that's built newer than 2002 or so lol, constantly gripes about how it's all garbage any newer than that, how his law practice was getting swamped by suits against RE developers for that poo poo before he retired, and hates HOAs due to the same/similar reasons.

Big-time trumper but weirdly into peace dividends because DEBT and single payer because of the way all lawyers have grudges against doctors, and likes the idea of having the federal government cut their reimbursements down. He's coming around on trump, realizing "like a business" isn't how government works.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Agrajag posted:

lol macron is pretty bad at this

lol if you don't think Hillary's presidency would have been this

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

It's gonna be fun watching Fox praise Trump's response to this (regardless of how it turns out) when they tried soooooo hard to make Sandy a disaster in spite of everyone including the GOP governors saying he did great

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I miss these tweets

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

remember when French secret police fired off a sniper rifle towards Hollande

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

it's good that guillotines are out

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Zokari posted:

Macron had a ton of bad, neolib policies that everyone kinda ignored because he was the not racist one

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

FAUXTON posted:

Same thing happened in FL after Andrew but as we all know, nature finds a way. All the hurricaneproof building standards and shatter-resistant windows and roofing straps ain't doing poo poo for sinkholes lol.

I remember growing up in a pre-Andrew house and we moved into a newer construction house when I was a teenager and it was super visible how different poo poo was made - the windows were these tubular steel-framed tall and narrow things with all sorts of safety logos in the corner like cars have, exterior walls were cement block, the rafters in the garage were all braced down to the walls, the laundry room was buffered from the garage with a little mud room that had steel deadbolting doors on both sides, it was separately reinforced and vented the dryer up through the attic and out the gable instead of a typical lower-run vent hose. Thunder and sonic booms didn't rattle a drat thing.

My college apartment in Orlando remained standing through Charley with all windows and sliding balcony doors intact, despite losing most of the vinyl siding and having the breezeways clogged with palm fronds.

Now all the new construction does is generate lawsuits because the exterior walls immediately start crumbling under their own weight and stress as the building settles, roofs just lift right the hell off, all those big pretty picture windows implode if you look at them mean, and that doesn't count stuff like not supporting the massive growth of impermeable sprawl with appropriate drainage capacity or managing waterways to handle the increased runoff. Retention ponds made 30 years ago just overflow and flood roadways whenever it rains and that's in the armpit north of Tampa that thinks they're impervious to hurricanes.

I mean I don't live down there anymore but my father funds his mountain climbing habit buying foreclosure properties and underwriting his own 15-year mortgages at $600-700 a month to people who get told to gently caress off by banks. Hasn't had to foreclose on anyone in 12 years of doing it, but refuses to purchase anything that's built newer than 2002 or so lol, constantly gripes about how it's all garbage any newer than that, how his law practice was getting swamped by suits against RE developers for that poo poo before he retired, and hates HOAs due to the same/similar reasons.

Big-time trumper but weirdly into peace dividends because DEBT and single payer because of the way all lawyers have grudges against doctors, and likes the idea of having the federal government cut their reimbursements down. He's coming around on trump, realizing "like a business" isn't how government works.

wasn't it JEB! that removed all the hurricane building code stuff?

and then voldemort removed everything else?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Melenchon would have won

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Reality Winner posted:

Macron had a ton of bad, neolib policies that everyone kinda ignored because he was the not racist one

so what your saying is the french are smarter than us

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

dad complicated so what

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Atoramos posted:

lol if you don't think Hillary's presidency would have been this

I think Macron's biggest fanbase at this point are HRC primary voters in America

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Pander posted:

it's good that guillotines are out

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/24/politics/zinke-national-monument-review-no-eliminations/index.html

Interior Secretary Antifa recommends shrinking some national Confederate monuments

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

piggly wiggly is already dead, how many more grocery chains must suffer

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Reality Winner posted:

Melenchon would have won

zakkro
May 29, 2015

I walked by a car the other day that was 95% covered in stickers about weed, including a hippie Uncle Sam on the driver's side door encouraging you to get high

and a single, small sticker on the trunk that said "TRUMP"

Not quite sure if they were completely on message

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Nonsense posted:

remember when French secret police fired off a sniper rifle towards Hollande

the bullet hit two people too lol

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

zakkro posted:

I walked by a car the other day that was 95% covered in stickers about weed, including a hippie Uncle Sam on the driver's side door encouraging you to get high

baloogans brother

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zakkro posted:

fan theory: either someone vandalized a weed car with a single trump sticker

or someone vandalized a trump car with twenty weed stickers

Really really hoping it's the second one

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

GobiasIndustries posted:

let me put it this way: /pol/ likes him now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

zakkro posted:

he just monitors the potency

• Locked thread