Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Instead of shrinking to a tiny point, the last circle just starts moving around the map at slightly faster than crawling pace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Tweaks are fine and some of the ideas presented here are pretty neat, but just lol at anyone who complains that any particular part of the game is "boring." The power is in your hands to change that, duder.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Lt_Tofu posted:

Hey guys just hiding in this bush watching the stream of the match...https://clips.twitch.tv/FairDignifiedMallardPeoplesChamp

Oops.

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

Rex-Goliath posted:

First circle isn't so bad once you realize the best way to handle crossing the map isn't by making a beeline towards it- but running down the nearest road until you find a vehicle. I haven't had to run any marathons since figuring that out.

yeah, after the circle changes the meta became so vehicle dominant that I mostly just drop on the west side of the map. there's a lot of easy to scout roads over there and you basically always find a vehicle.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
I just want them to add bicycles - race around being all stealthy and silent (unless you get the one with squeaky gears) and save the environment at the same time!

Could also add tandems for duos...

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Deanut Pancer posted:

I just want them to add bicycles - race around being all stealthy and silent (unless you get the one with squeaky gears) and save the environment at the same time!

Could also add tandems for duos...

Aww, poo poo! This one has baseball cards in the spokes!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

They need to make a snow map with snowboards and snowmobiles and sick tricks are all announced by the dude from 1080 Snowboarding

METHOD
METHOD
ONE EIGHTY
THREE SIXTY

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Let me fire a pump shotgun from the back of my penny-farthing please.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

That was a good ending, shows that the potential is there imo

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Add in segways and Razr scooters

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

That was sick. How many dudes did he kill at the end there?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Lmao Andy managing to carry Forsen in the end

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Good soup! posted:

They need to make a snow map with snowboards and snowmobiles and sick tricks are all announced by the dude from 1080 Snowboarding

METHOD
METHOD
ONE EIGHTY
THREE SIXTY

SAME TRICK???!?!, ONLY HALF THE POINTS!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

seriously though, they should just put more cars on the map

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
All of you complaining about the circles going too slow, go to stats and tell me your average game time tia

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Also jet skis seem like an obvious addition, like a bike on the water. An unpowered glider would be cool too if they do a map with big height changes.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Also jet skis seem like an obvious addition, like a bike on the water. An unpowered glider would be cool too if they do a map with big height changes.

As much as a I want jet skis, I don't want another way to dodge fights and sneak from island to island.

A glider on top of random roofs in the desert city would be really sweet I think though

revolther
May 27, 2008

Lt_Tofu posted:

Hey guys just hiding in this bush watching the stream of the match...https://clips.twitch.tv/FairDignifiedMallardPeoplesChamp
So he was stream sniping a tournament match from inside the tournament, during the top 5 no less?

Hope that guy gets banned then charged for his hotel stay and flight home.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

revolther posted:

So he was stream sniping a tournament match from inside the tournament, during the top 5 no less?

Hope that guy gets banned then charged for his hotel stay and flight home.

the commentators said that the camera guy switched to another player who was dead and watching the stream.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

As much as a I want jet skis, I don't want another way to dodge fights and sneak from island to island.

Just make them suck down the fuel and make it so they can't be recharged from jerry cans.

hawowanlawow posted:

seriously though, they should just put more cars on the map

I think there are a fair number of vehicles, I would just like to see some in more out of the way places. Throw some bicycles or something on those little windy roads in the middle of nowhere, or in those little side villages that never have cars.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

A glider on top of random roofs in the desert city would be really sweet I think though

Very cool and also a 100% deathtrap.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

a car in every garage and a duster in every closet, that's what I say

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Corbeau posted:

Very cool and also a 100% deathtrap.

As they should be as any elevated view is already strong.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Just make them suck down the fuel and make it so they can't be recharged from jerry cans.

I think there are a fair number of vehicles, I would just like to see some in more out of the way places. Throw some bicycles or something on those little windy roads in the middle of nowhere, or in those little side villages that never have cars.

I don't really see how that stops people from using them to avoid fights. I'm definitely in the plenty of vehicles boat. Run along roads, look around when you're dropping... I've never had a problem finding them.

revolther
May 27, 2008
The whole booby traps thing is a silly "I want kills without risk" ploy, but I'd be down for more environmental danger.

Folks take cover by giant red barrels, they should explode after a few shots, as is the nature of videogame barrels.

Stun/Smoke/HE/Molotovs could also be triggerable with a well placed shot. Throwables exploding in hands, or someone rushing to loot a medkit/ammo/molotov pile being instantly engulfed in flames when a shotgun detonates the bottle, would be pretty hilarious and still carry a risk of engagement.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

"mmm yes nobody is replying *masturbates furiously* my skills are unmatched *cums*"

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

iSheep posted:

the commentators said that the camera guy switched to another player who was dead and watching the stream.

Didn't they say there was like a 4 second delay on switching? We're the camera operators loving up?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

whoa thats weird, I was trying to make a point of how most games are over quickly as I am overly aggressive and die early quite often which is kinda the opposite of "winning" in this game

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Love 2 spend my time playing PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61JVzENLWQg

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

Shima Honnou posted:

Replace the electrogas with exploding collars, if you're out of bounds you don't take damage but if you stay out too long and you explode and die instantly.

"Novel-Accurate Battle Royal Roleplay - M/F School Uniform Owners Only" servers when?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rookoo posted:

Love 2 spend my time playing PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61JVzENLWQg

The cliffs at the south of Sosnovka are easily the most dangerous place in the entire game.

Ninjalicious
Feb 22, 2010
End of Gamecom Duos match I was watching: every person was stream sniping. Come on kids....this is live Internet.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

wow they found the version of stream sniping that does bother me - literally during a live tournament

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

wow they found the version of stream sniping that does bother me - literally during a live tournament

Surely there is a several minute stream delay on an esports tournament

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
There was no stream sniping going on. Seriously, even from that one clip you can clearly see it is two different players and not someone alt-tabbing.

Ninjalicious
Feb 22, 2010

Cinara posted:

There was no stream sniping going on. Seriously, even from that one clip you can clearly see it is two different players and not someone alt-tabbing.

Okay boss, but me and several of my friends in Twitch chat disagree. Might not have been in the round you watched.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I didn't see much of the tournament (some of us have jobs), so I don't know if it happened, but I'm kinda surprised it wasn't straight up blocked on the floor.

I guess then maybe you'd have to worry about phones. You don't want to say "No phones during tournament" because players tweeting #reactions with your #hashtag right after they die is probably good publicity. Hm.

Ninjalicious
Feb 22, 2010
They can solve stream sniping with a five second delay or whatever. Live TV has this and nobody gets hurt. There is pretty much no scenario where a delay would hurt anyone. It might not stop SS but it makes it less effective. In casual play streamers have already figured this out.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I was in the PUBG Experience discord yesterday after the duo tournament, asking the hard hitting questions that no one wants to ask. Sadly, Interrogate was not secure enough in his sexuality to tell me which member of TSM he thought was the cutest. He did however say the gamer stank in the play area was not bad due to good ventilation and Viss would win if they fought IRL. This is investigative journalism, my friends.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Chard posted:

Instead of shrinking to a tiny point, the last circle just starts moving around the map at slightly faster than crawling pace.

I was literally just gonna post this. I think it's actually a legit option. Even if it were slower than crawling pace it'd force fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

WhatEvil posted:

I was literally just gonna post this. I think it's actually a legit option. Even if it were slower than crawling pace it'd force fights.

lol it can also slowly increase in speed so eventually you gotta stop crouchwalking also

• Locked thread