Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Well, I sorta get shumps point, they aren't playing him. It's because he sucks, but maybe he can fool some other GM and get another big contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
kd is corny as gently caress

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I am trying really hard but I cannot think of a single team that would trade for Iman Shumpert.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I wanna see KD write a love poem

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I liked the KD/Simmons podcast except for how cringe worthy it was when Bill said "I was shocked Bill Russell didn't feel loyalty towards Celtic fans."

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Paul Zuvella posted:

I am trying really hard but I cannot think of a single team that would trade for Iman Shumpert.

no one is gonna trade for him as the valuable piece, they might take him on with concessions from the cavs

like the nets or something

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

BWV posted:

I liked the KD/Simmons podcast except for how cringe worthy it was when Bill said "I was shocked Bill Russell didn't feel loyalty towards Celtic fans."

A white guy doesn't understand why a Black man would not like a city that racially abused him for 15 years? I am extremely shocked.

Ammanas posted:

no one is gonna trade for him as the valuable piece, they might take him on with concessions from the cavs

like the nets or something

Why would the cavs do this

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

I was gonna say contract shed but 10 million is too much but not onorous

i dunno. why did the celtics swap point guards plus 2 dudes AND an extremely high 1st round pick

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Ammanas posted:

i dunno. why did the celtics swap point guards plus 2 dudes AND an extremely high 1st round pick

Danny Ainge is a bad GM

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

BWV posted:

Lmfao

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Literally any contract is tradable, and any deal is possible if the half-dozen superstars this past few months is any indication

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Kobe is busy on Instagram!

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/8/24/16197340/kobe-bryant-mambamentality-challenges-famous-people-instagram-nike

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
https://www.facebook.com/FlavorFlavOfficial/videos/1435947886473606/

So Flavor Flav and Baron Davis are "acting" in something.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Tae posted:

Literally any contract is tradable, and any deal is possible if the half-dozen superstars this past few months is any indication

Yeah Cleveland can throw in a bunch of poo poo and get anyone to take Shump but

a) Cleveland is not going to throw in assets because their 9th man decided he wants out and

b) Shump is not even slightly even a little bit approaching a star

which leads me to the conclusion that he is SOL

For some reason the Demar Derozen one got to me

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I wanna see KD write a love poem

"Hey, Klay! What rhymes with 'fart in my face?'"

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

ChickenMedium posted:

"Hey, Klay! What rhymes with 'fart in my face?'"

*rips from bong*

Shart on my... race?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Lol

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Paul Zuvella posted:

Pels would trade Asik and Ajinca for him.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What would your Kobe challenge be

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Shump will probably get traded in one of those trash for trash deals where the other team sends back an equally overpaid and disappointing player.

Maybe he'll get traded for a Plumlee?!?!

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Can't shump take a cheap buyout if he wants out? Or do the cavs need the bodies?

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

WhyteRyce posted:

Shump will probably get traded in one of those trash for trash deals where the other team sends back an equally overpaid and disappointing player.

Maybe he'll get traded for a Plumlee?!?!

LeBron played with Marshall not too long ago!

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Paul Zuvella posted:

To me, that's preposterous. Popping and locking, things of that nature.

underquoted response right here

this is good

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ammanas posted:

The best explanation I can think of is that Danny wanted to have a good point guard but he didn't want to bring out the Brinks truck next year

Like, I miss IT already and came into this thread specifically to :qq: about it earlier today but he did talk a lot about how much money he wanted :shrug:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

loquacius posted:

The best explanation I can think of is that Danny wanted to have a good point guard but he didn't want to bring out the Brinks truck next year

Like, I miss IT already and came into this thread specifically to :qq: about it earlier today but he did talk a lot about how much money he wanted :shrug:

There's also the hip injury

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
GODDAMNIT SHUMP

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/ThePenseur/status/901166243390136322

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
i had hope for iman at the beginning of last season, he seemed to be shooting a little better but he can go wherever honestly

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Boston got a star player who was younger and (actually arguable) healthier and had a more consistent track record than the star they sent out. I think they gave up too much, but I also think they got the best asset in the trade in Kyrie so I understand the trade.

I'm an IT believer, but Kyrie is really underrated on this board.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You can also look at the trade of Lebron being able to rest 10 minutes per game in the playoffs, which has value in itself

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I think Kyrie and Gordon Hayward are going to be fun to watch for the next few years and I plan to go see a few games!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Brolander posted:

i had hope for iman at the beginning of last season, he seemed to be shooting a little better but he can go wherever honestly

he embraced hair theory but it wasnt enough to make him not terrible

Lockback posted:

Boston got a star player who was younger and (actually arguable) healthier and had a more consistent track record than the star they sent out. I think they gave up too much, but I also think they got the best asset in the trade in Kyrie so I understand the trade.

I'm an IT believer, but Kyrie is really underrated on this board.
kyrie is bad at everything on offense that isnt taking and making really really difficult shots and it makes him a weird player. maybe lebron always having the ball held him back and he can grow into it but hes shown absolutely no ability to run a real nba offense at any point in his career.

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 25, 2017

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Lockback posted:

I also think they got the best asset in the trade in Kyrie so I understand the trade.

I would have traded Kyrie just for the Nets pick.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
https://twitter.com/DwyaneWade/status/900948195852795904

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

dokmo posted:

I would have traded Kyrie just for the Nets pick.

That's ridiculous. Projecting the Net's record, the median likely pick is probably 3 or 4. You might get a star but you're really likely to get Otto Porter, or Cody Zeller or Aaron Gordon or something. Kyrie already is above-median for a #1 pick, so your basically trading a 25 year old for a pick that *might* be a #1 overall (but unlikely) and if that does land, the guy *might* be as good as Kyrie (but unlikely).

I wouldn't have given the Net's pick up in that trade though. I think they could have gotten it done with the Memphis pick.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Lockback posted:

That's ridiculous. Projecting the Net's record, the median likely pick is probably 3 or 4. You might get a star but you're really likely to get Otto Porter, or Cody Zeller or Aaron Gordon or something. Kyrie already is above-median for a #1 pick, so your basically trading a 25 year old for a pick that *might* be a #1 overall (but unlikely) and if that does land, the guy *might* be as good as Kyrie (but unlikely).

I wouldn't have given the Net's pick up in that trade though. I think they could have gotten it done with the Memphis pick.

In the average draft, but now that Bagley has declared for 2018 I think any pick in the top 5 is going to be coveted.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
They might all bust who knows

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Redgrendel2001 posted:

In the average draft, but now that Bagley has declared for 2018 I think any pick in the top 5 is going to be coveted.

This is a thing that's said before very bad drafts too.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/imanshumpert/status/901197436084862976

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
There's only one certainty Bol Bol is a goddamn legend in the making

• Locked thread