Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Not a big thing, but they are around. Most private servers are set to nostalgia mode. 75 cap, nothing after COP, no trusts. Some have bonuses to exp or skill ups, some dont.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Kortel posted:

Are private servers a big thing? Official servers seem lucky to clear 800 lately.

Asura caps at like 12-1500 evenings est. Its where all the cool kids are at.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah get your rear end to mars (Asura)

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

keep it down up there! posted:

\/\/\/\/\/\/,3rosa|e,com 3=B |=L
Use cpn code 'BR71' for 10% off. Come on!

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

frodnonnag posted:

Asura caps at like 12-1500 evenings est. Its where all the cool kids are at.

Logged in, GetOut LS seems to be completely devoid of people? Was there an LS change?

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
It depends on the time of day. In the weekfay mornings and afternoons, no one is on. EST anyway. I'm currently on as Spritemage, since I have a day off today. What's your name? I'll get you a pearl if you're on.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

I'm not sure if it's an error or something but the Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition appears to be 100% off, for a total of -0.01$ during This weekend's Steam sale... I've already bought it on Steam so I can't see what happens when you buy something with a negative price but I'm sure it's boring.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

$9.99 for me, looks like you got lucky or had a $10 credit or something

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Welp, back in as Deesan, stopped at DRG level 97. Think I'll level up SMN a bit.
Can you have trusts in summon fights?
Also why is Mhaura packed with people? 180 when I loaded in.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ambuscade is a 99+ event you sign up for and get rewards from in mhaura

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Unlocked Garuda. Seven more Primes to go. Need to rank up Sandy next.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

Ambuscade is a 99+ event you sign up for and get rewards from in mhaura

Also changing jobs without changing zones twice is real nice.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Ranger useful or competitive at all for 99+ content? Trying to decide what to play. I can work on DRG, SMN is my pet project. DNC is 70ish and RNG is 60ish.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Corsair is the new ranger

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Shiva down, I forgot how much I hate the zones leading up to it. Loving all the new save crystals though. Making travel faster over all. I've seen people on mounts other than Chocobos, how do I get one?

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Most of the mounts come from monthly login campaigns. Usually 500 points

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Kortel posted:

Shiva down, I forgot how much I hate the zones leading up to it. Loving all the new save crystals though. Making travel faster over all. I've seen people on mounts other than Chocobos, how do I get one?

Do you have the raptor mount yet? Quest in Jueno at the chocobo stables to unlock real mounts if not.

In addition to login points you can also get some mounts from mog pells if you have any laying around. Jetski Squid or no animation Magic Jar for instance.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Got my Raptor last night. Also acquired Ramuh and Ifrit, second floor for the Mog House and unlocked Bluemage.
Went to get the quest for Leviathen but my faction with Tendo is too low to start the quest. Not seeing any available questsfor them.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Kortel posted:

Got my Raptor last night. Also acquired Ramuh and Ifrit, second floor for the Mog House and unlocked Bluemage.
Went to get the quest for Leviathen but my faction with Tendo is too low to start the quest. Not seeing any available questsfor them.

The Shady Business quest which has you buying and turning in zinc ore raises tenshodo fame

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Shady_Business

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Cuchulain posted:

Do you have the raptor mount yet? Quest in Jueno at the chocobo stables to unlock real mounts if not.

In addition to login points you can also get some mounts from mog pells if you have any laying around. Jetski Squid or no animation Magic Jar for instance.

I am so pissed they didnt have you spin in place on that.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
How do summoners not have all the summons? I grabbed caitsith and atomos as soon as I finished WotG and it took like 10min.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

How do summoners not have all the summons? I grabbed caitsith and atomos as soon as I finished WotG and it took like 10min.

Becauuse some people really are just that terrible and lazy.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
And dumb too. Like i just realized my MAB bullet should be in my COR aeolian edge set which i am sure the gearswap template had but i deleted

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Trying to make sense of other dude's templates can be a nightmare. When I started up a new blu build I had to remove everything since I didn't enough enough about the game's gear to know what was what and what went where.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Kortel posted:

Ranger useful or competitive at all for 99+ content? Trying to decide what to play. I can work on DRG, SMN is my pet project. DNC is 70ish and RNG is 60ish.
Ranger has its uses, but really a niche thing.

Also crafting HQ changes have been the biggest wet fart.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Intense ambuscade boss levels if you use geo bubbles, bard songs or cor rolls. Also there's something people are saying about a Rambunctious Rex dropping a chicken knife II. Anyone know what that's about?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Sprite141 posted:

I started doing Leviathen but then realized I couldn't actually get to it. The path to it suuuuucks.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Kortel posted:

I started doing Leviathen but then realized I couldn't actually get to it. The path to it suuuuucks.

Yeah, that legit does suck. I'd understand that one, though I'm still gonna go for it myself.

Speaking of which, I decided to go for completing blue magic. At first I only wanted a few for aoe builds and for the old drg/blu build cause I was bored. Then I found that the AF glove makes learning them super easy.

There are 183 total, I'll probably give up soon enough. I did find taisaijin while hunting hecteyes, which was pretty cool. Got myself a new title. :downs:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Kortel posted:

Not really. Just unity warp to Den of Rancor, s/i to the top floor and just drop down the correct spot to the zone. Really easy, actually.

or you can just download and run HomePoint addon and warp right to it

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Sep 13, 2017

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
just watch it for a second
Is there a good way to recap story stuff, and a recommended order to tackle it altogether? I’m trying to get to 99 to go through everything, but ended up doing some RoV and Nation stuff along the way, up to Shadow Lord on both. I wasn’t really paying attention at first and think RoV probably had less impact since I hadn’t met any of the characters yet. But now I’m closing in on 99 and want to catch up and do the rest of things in a way that makes sense.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
When I resubbed on a fresh character last year, I basically focused on leveling to 99 as quickly as possible, while doing the minimum stuff along the way to make my life easier like Rank 5, and RoV enough to get the bonuses and additional Trusts.

Once you hit 99 it is soooo much easier to do all of the story stuff. I finished Rank 10 with my home nation and then just started doing the expansions in order: RotZ, CoP, ToAU, etc. I got bored halfway thru ToAU and unsubbed, but might go back later in the future to finish the rest of the stories.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

sevenflow posted:

Is there a good way to recap story stuff, and a recommended order to tackle it altogether? I’m trying to get to 99 to go through everything, but ended up doing some RoV and Nation stuff along the way, up to Shadow Lord on both. I wasn’t really paying attention at first and think RoV probably had less impact since I hadn’t met any of the characters yet. But now I’m closing in on 99 and want to catch up and do the rest of things in a way that makes sense.

If you mean find out what happened in things you already did. You can just watch Korvana's youtube channel where they uploaded all of the cutscenes.

Otherwise, yeah. Just go in order of release. RotZ, CoP, ToaU, WotG, finish RoV. Then you can do the miscellaneous smaller stories including the 3 mini-expansions as well as the Abyssea and Voidwatch "stories"

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003

Thank you! Is it worth getting all the bonuses by going to the end of RoV 2? I'm missing 3/6 bonuses and my 5th trust. I'm at level 78ish now. A few things I've read make it sound like RoV is a lot more enjoyable if you do the other stories first, but the bonuses also seem nice.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

All the RoV bonuses at the very least up to 5 trusts are extremely worth it. Don't do the other stories first, RoV recaps some stuff, but really it's just hints at future events because RoV involves time travel. It introduces new players to every expansion's story in order, so as a new player it's arguably the best way to work your way into them all. After RoV is done, then I recommend going back and finishing the others in order. You've already pretty much beaten the main vanilla story by getting to the Shadow Lord fight.

I thought it was a nice touch that they changed the way the a lot of RoV missions go depending on how much you already had completed. It's the best use of a time traveler in an MMO story I can think of.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
I did enjoy how if you leveled another character using the RoV story as your guideline then instead of being an adventurer who has seen some serious poo poo, and is now trying to get the band back together for one last hurrah, you're this jerkoff who comes into this world and proceeds to visit and see all these crazy things almost like they're attractions at a museum. It's a really weird dynamic shift that I don't think they intended, but certainly felt wildly different.

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
I'm doing all of this for the dumb story and now I can't decide which I'd rather experience!

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
The actual stories. Gotta assemble the harem

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
it sucks i can't get windower working after updates. it just adds so many qol features I don't want to play without it

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
It's a lot more of an epic story if you go through the expansion missions all first and then do RoV since it really is the whole "I thought I was out but they pulled me back in", but it's going to be harder to get to the top by yourself without some of the RoV perks like the bonus XP and extra trust members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace Attorney
Aug 5, 2010
I've started playing again just to give Frod a hard time and stroke his Nirvana ego.

I haven't seen Shinjobi, though. This makes me sad.