Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Well, the Boost icon sort of looks like a middle finger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I forgot to post last week..but happy third birthday to this thread!

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

IronSaber posted:

Think the new astromech is enough to breathe some life into the classic X-wings?

Once again, I am reminded of the parallel with Star Fleet Battles, and what happened to the Fed CA.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Madurai posted:

Once again, I am reminded of the parallel with Star Fleet Battles, and what happened to the Fed CA.

What happened to it? I used to read the Captain's Logs in my friend's house but hardly ever got to play. Just general power creep?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

General Battuta posted:

What happened to it? I used to read the Captain's Logs in my friend's house but hardly ever got to play. Just general power creep?

Since it was the original hero ship, it was the first ship designed, and yeah, everything else in the game wound up growing past it.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Broken Egg Games is going to be releasing a set of metal cast tokens for X-Wing. I saw them in person a few weeks ago and they look awesome.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

What's next? Attack and Evade dice cut from diamond kyber?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

AndyElusive posted:

What's next? Attack and Evade dice cut from diamond kyber?

You are never going to see custom dice make much money since people can't use them in a tourney unless FFG put them out. I really like that.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Rumour Mill is working overtime saying FFG is releasing a unannounced product on Force Friday II (Sept 1st). Anyone heard anything?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Raged posted:

Rumour Mill is working overtime saying FFG is releasing a unannounced product on Force Friday II (Sept 1st). Anyone heard anything?

Well, it's be in keeping with last Force Friday giving us the updated Core

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

Could be Ep8 ships. Although I'd expect an announcement rather than an actual physical product.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

My FLGS said there is something but wouldn't say what it is.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Rumor mill is a new 2p starter for Destiny. We're not going to get a new xwing starter every two years.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

But at the same time we have got new ships to coincide with both the last two movies which also came out in December right.

So like as not there is something planned for Ep 8 right

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Maybe not a new starter but maybe a campaign pack that has ships in it? I've heard the HotAC guy has been busy with projects.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Probably just a mixed bucket of Prequel Era. Throw a few Actis and Aethersprites in there, lucky winners get a Diplomacy Barge.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

These are cool
https://twitter.com/pixelgarbage/status/900724043069968384

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
new core set that gives T-65 x-wings the bulls-eye firing arc because why not

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

On another note, pretty sure the Advanced SLAM nerf is happening.

I suspect it reads
After performing a SLAM action, if you did not overlap an obstacle or another ship, you may perform a free action shown in your action bar.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

canyoneer posted:

On another note, pretty sure the Advanced SLAM nerf is happening.

I suspect it reads
After performing a SLAM action, if you did not overlap an obstacle or another ship, you may perform a free action shown in your action bar.

Wow, good catch.

Mexicola
Jan 3, 2006
In a world that's full of shit and gasoline, baby
After playing a dozen or so games with friends, I went to my first store game this weekend. Got my rear end kicked by a decimator/interceptor list. I flew dengar and scurge, just making the list on the spot. I definitely need to work on keeping ships in my front arc for ordinance and not flying into asteroids.

Had a great time and picked up the kihraz fighter while I was there. I'm hooked.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Mexicola posted:

After playing a dozen or so games with friends, I went to my first store game this weekend. Got my rear end kicked by a decimator/interceptor list. I flew dengar and scurge, just making the list on the spot. I definitely need to work on keeping ships in my front arc for ordinance and not flying into asteroids.

Had a great time and picked up the kihraz fighter while I was there. I'm hooked.

Welcome. This game is fun and cool.

In weird news, a guy in Sweden won a store champs last week with 5x Alpha Squadron TIE Interceptors with Autothrusters.

No rerolls, no shields, no fear.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

canyoneer posted:

Welcome. This game is fun and cool.

In weird news, a guy in Sweden won a store champs last week with 5x Alpha Squadron TIE Interceptors with Autothrusters.

No rerolls, no shields, no fear.

That man has big brass balls.

VikingPenguin
Nov 6, 2005

Raged posted:

That man has big brass balls.

And at least three StarVipers. Dedication.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Trip report: the 4 TIE Bombers w/Unguided Rockets, Seismic Charges, and Lightweight Frame along with the Academy pilot worked beautifully. Flew against a Lothal Rebel with a TLT, Reinforced Deflectors and Rey, alongside two Y-wings; one Stresshog and one with a TLT and M9-G8.

Knew the Stresshog would prevent me from taking Focus actions and thus preventing my rockets, I blew him up first. Then the Ghost, and finally the M9-G8 Y-wing. Lost 2 bombers and the Academy pilot before the win though.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Mmmmmm that's good dumb homebrew

Look at those point costs, and also that fuckin' dial.

That ps6 pilot with a black swarm with Juke.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Mmmmmm that's good dumb homebrew

Look at those point costs, and also that fuckin' dial.

That ps6 pilot with a black swarm with Juke.

3 reds, 4 greens, evade action, tech slot

Sure it has 2 HP. Sure that means it dies instantly to bombs. But holy poo poo that high PS guy with the Overboost card will be untouchable otherwise.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

My FLGS has put a message out that they'll be receiving 18 of the mystery item that will be released on Force Friday. They said with tax, it's $40.

This is definitely in the realm of starter kit price or either another Ace pack that wasn't announced or a new large-based ship.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

What if, and bear with me, a last jedi core. But, it has one Tie Silencer (Kylos) and two Resistance A-wings

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This is actually a leak of the Force Friday release.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Taking all bets!

Odds of the Mystery Pack being a Rogue One X-wing set? The Last Jedi? A picture of the Rebel Alliance logo tattooed on James Earl Jones' left asscheek?

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Core set with 1 Stormtrooper transport and 3 T-wings.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Ringo Star Get posted:

My FLGS has put a message out that they'll be receiving 18 of the mystery item that will be released on Force Friday. They said with tax, it's $40.

This is definitely in the realm of starter kit price or either another Ace pack that wasn't announced or a new large-based ship.

Are we even sure it's X-Wing? Could it be Destiny .

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

A new starter kit with Kylo's TIE and two new A-wings with new titles and poo poo! :downsrim:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Talas posted:

A new starter kit with Kylo's TIE and two new A-wings with new titles and poo poo! :downsrim:

I legit said that already

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
It's gonna be a reveal of X-wing 2.0, with new cards and bases for the first four waves of ships but no models. :v:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Raged posted:

Are we even sure it's X-Wing? Could it be Destiny .

A hint that was heard was that it had an X-Wing SKU?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

IronSaber posted:

Taking all bets!

Odds of the Mystery Pack being a Rogue One X-wing set? The Last Jedi? A picture of the Rebel Alliance logo tattooed on James Earl Jones' left asscheek?

I'm betting everything on the1:100000 James earl jones bet. I can't lose!

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
i want epic scale space slug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
It's going to be something for Destiny, like a 2 player starter pack. Nothing X-Wing related. Calling it.

• Locked thread