Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kater
Nov 16, 2010

Your Names denouement did an awfully good job making me immediately mad and forgetful of the good stuff before it. Feels like that forlorn salaryman poo poo is just crammed into loving anything anywhere forever. Worse was how it just kept gloating about how easy it would be to stop the sequence and didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kater posted:

Your Names denouement did an awfully good job making me immediately mad and forgetful of the good stuff before it. Feels like that forlorn salaryman poo poo is just crammed into loving anything anywhere forever. Worse was how it just kept gloating about how easy it would be to stop the sequence and didn't.
uh, did you walk out of the theater before the last thirty secnds

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
I think it might just that it dragged out will they meet won't they meet for too long? The only part of the movie that seemed like they were teasing was the bridge scene. But it's hardly something to get really mad over.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It almost felt like sort of a dig at the way Shinkai usually ends his movies.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
The entire last segment is a parade of bullshit reasons for them to not meet up. Him deciding not to write down his name. Him deciding to not bother writing her name before he forgets. Him handing her back the braid. Him not keeping any notes from his entire research expedition or telling anyone about things. Him not speaking to Tessie and co when he recognised them. Him forgetting about the shrine after all. Them passing each other multiple times. You can't even explain it in terms of 'it all gets erased' when things like the drawings he did of Itomori *did* stick around, as did the writing he did on her hand.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
A goon who's text below the AV is very descriptive.

:yikes:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I know, I love this title. :)

If you haven't played Undertale you should

Fangz fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 25, 2017

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Endorph posted:

how could anyone forget https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0uGB5C56Uk

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fangz posted:

The entire last segment is a parade of bullshit reasons for them to not meet up. Him deciding not to write down his name. Him deciding to not bother writing her name before he forgets. Him handing her back the braid. Him not keeping any notes from his entire research expedition or telling anyone about things. Him not speaking to Tessie and co when he recognised them. Him forgetting about the shrine after all. Them passing each other multiple times. You can't even explain it in terms of 'it all gets erased' when things like the drawings he did of Itomori *did* stick around, as did the writing he did on her hand.

that's... the point? that meeting someone is down to random chance.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TAg4gIhdfg

:signings:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Endorph posted:

Would you blame him

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

I like how he refuses to say the site name and immediately shows a screen with the site url

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

gwrtheyrn posted:

I like how he refuses to say the site name and immediately shows a screen with the site url

I thought he changed every instance of it to huganimu, which is not the proper name.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that guy literally works for crunchyroll i would not trust his infodigging at all

not even in some conspiracy way he just has a vested interest in trying to make this problem seem terrible

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I stopped using kissanime and kissmanga b/c they have awful intrusive ads, especially on mobile

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i wouldnt use kissanime because i know what a torrent is

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Endorph posted:

that guy literally works for crunchyroll i would not trust his infodigging at all

not even in some conspiracy way he just has a vested interest in trying to make this problem seem terrible

how about crunchyroll gets sympghogear AZX and we can start talking

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

This is the only way I can differentiate the Canadians posting in adtrw.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I have a Crunchyroll subscription but I can't use it because the app's been busted for months

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Fangz posted:

I think he also forgot that he even had the whole body jumping experience, except for a vague feeling that something was off, so had no reason to really do a lot of investigating.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Nitrousoxide posted:

I think he also forgot that he even had the whole body jumping experience, except for a vague feeling that something was off, so had no reason to really do a lot of investigating.

It seemed pretty drat arbitrary what they forgot, is my point. It's not like everything they did through the body swapping was erased, just whatever is necessary so Shinkai can have his bit of pointless drama. The drama even fails to be suspenseful because it's not like they were running out of chances to meet up or something, they are just *constantly* almost-running-into-each-other until the film gets bored of stretching it out.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Aug 26, 2017

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Strange Quark posted:

This is the only way I can differentiate the Canadians posting in adtrw.

hey, orv torrented his first anime last week

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Taki posted:

So where are you? You're in some motel room. You just - you just wake up and you're in - in a motel room. There's the key. It feels like maybe it's just the first time you've been there, but perhaps you've been there for a week, three months. It's - it's kind of hard to say. I don't - I don't know. It's just an anonymous room.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Davincie posted:

hey, orv torrented his first anime last week

I read that as tormented.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Look SOUTH.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

> REMEMBER SAMMY JENKINS

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand back to the penis well we go.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Cake Attack posted:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

an actual dog posted:

I have a Crunchyroll subscription but I can't use it because the app's been busted for months

???

Works fine on my Android Phone.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I mainly use Crunchyroll in my Laptop / Desktop because I usually practice / warm up on guitar, viola or violin while watching anime. 2 Episodes of Ore Monogatari (a little under 46 minutes) right now are basically perfect. Aho Girl and Tsurezure Children are basically perfect for early morning calisthenics. :)

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Crunchy really needs to standardize its app across platforms, the PS4 client is way different from the Xbone client, and the PC player is nothing like either of them and looks really dated.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's really annoying how the windows app doesn't even do overflow right. So it won't let you scroll to the bottom of a list of episodes in windowed mode and you have to expand the window vertically to see it.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

It's really annoying how the windows app doesn't even do overflow right. So it won't let you scroll to the bottom of a list of episodes in windowed mode and you have to expand the window vertically to see it.

The Windows app also has a tendency to crash if you remove series from the queue. It loses your login every month, unlike the website which seems to keep it if you visit sufficiently often. Sometimes playback just fails to begin and it gives you a terrible message about your internet probably being down despite everything else working. The queue view doesn't update properly on its own if you leave the app open, and there's no refresh command, so you have to close and re-open the entire app to access any new episodes added. Right-clicking series in the queue usually causes the entire view to scroll to the top. Getting to the full list of episodes from the queue require very careful mouse aim and forces you through the previously mentioned right-click menu. Playback always starts out at the most poo poo quality so you never get to see or hear the first 5-15 seconds of episodes at full quality.

And there's no CR manga reader app for Windows forcing you to use the Flash-based reader in a browser.

But it beats the various other available-in-EU services that don't have a Windows app at all.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the one lovely thing that got me to stop using the PS4 CR app is that it would skip the last 30 seconds or so of an episode, regardless of you having autoplay active or not. not an isolated bug either, i found threads on their site going a ways back. i wouldn't be surprised if it still happens.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

dogsicle posted:

the one lovely thing that got me to stop using the PS4 CR app is that it would skip the last 30 seconds or so of an episode, regardless of you having autoplay active or not. not an isolated bug either, i found threads on their site going a ways back. i wouldn't be surprised if it still happens.

It definitely doesn't happen on my ps4, so not everyone gets that bug. Sorry to hear that, though.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
They seem to have fixed the thing where, accessing via browser, if you ever paused a video it would freeze up at some point after resuming, forcing you to refresh. I hardly ever use any app to access the service.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

nielsm posted:

It loses your login every month, unlike the website which seems to keep it if you visit sufficiently often.

The website logs me out like once every two weeks and it's not like I don't watch episodes multiple times a week, I've just come to accept it.

Blhue posted:

They seem to have fixed the thing where, accessing via browser, if you ever paused a video it would freeze up at some point after resuming, forcing you to refresh. I hardly ever use any app to access the service.

tbf you had to pause, and then do something else for 5-10 minutes so it lost its connection to the stream or whatever, but yeah, I haven't seen it do that lately

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
The Dating Master sequences in Tsurezure Children are the funniest things I've seen in anime since Konosuba.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yoshio-sama! :swoon:

brainwrinkle posted:

The Dating Master sequences in Tsurezure Children are the funniest things I've seen in anime since Konosuba.
That was perfect casting.

• Locked thread