Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

OxySnake posted:

I think I would like Michael Thomas + Gordon / Ajayi then AB + the 28th overall pick.
That's where I'm leaning. Unless the David Johnson owner would want to trade for the same deal, but that would be stupid on his part.

Leperflesh posted:

would you get to keep AB indefinitely? If so would he always cost you a first round pick?

No, this is the last year for this round of keepers. It resets next year to zero keepers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

OxySnake posted:

I think I would like Michael Thomas + Gordon / Ajayi then AB + the 28th overall pick.

But he'd have AB / Thomas AND the 28th pick, as opposed to Thomas, 13th and 28th pick. I think, depending on future availability of AB, the first offer looks pretty sweet.

Leperflesh posted:

would you get to keep AB indefinitely? If so would he always cost you a first round pick?

This is the million dollar question. Whether you go through with this depends on that.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Silly Burrito posted:

That's where I'm leaning. Unless the David Johnson owner would want to trade for the same deal, but that would be stupid on his part.

No, this is the last year for this round of keepers. It resets next year to zero keepers.

Wait, next year there are a new set of keepers across the board? Can you explain your keeper rules, because this seems confusing and I think I'm missing something.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Sataere posted:

But he'd have AB / Thomas AND the 28th pick, as opposed to Thomas, 13th and 28th pick. I think, depending on future availability of AB, the first offer looks pretty sweet.

First offer: I'd have Brown, Thomas, and pick #13. I'd be giving up picks #1 and #28.

Second offer: I'd have Brown, Thomas and pick #28. I'd be giving up pick #1.

In the first offer, I may still be able to snag DeMarco Murray at pick #13. Maybe not. In the second offer, my RBs start with Crowell/Lynch/Miller or whoever is left.

Sataere posted:

Wait, next year there are a new set of keepers across the board? Can you explain your keeper rules, because this seems confusing and I think I'm missing something.

We go on a 2-1-0 cycle of keepers. Next year in 2018, there will be no keepers at all, so whoever you have on your team now does not matter next year. Everyone goes back into the pool.

In 2019, you will get to keep two keepers from your 2018 team. There are no round penalties. You just keep two players and start drafting at essentially round 3.

In 2020, you get to keep one keeper from your 2019 team. Still no penalties, you basically start at round 2.

In 2021, we wipe the slate clean again and every player is placed in the general pool again.

This year is like the year 2020 example above. So if I get Antonio Brown, I only get him this year. I can't keep him or anyone else next year.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I just traded Travis Kelce and my 2nd rounder next year for Gronk and a 4th rounder next year. It seems like an overpay but with my backs as lovely as they are I felt like I needed to go all in on pass catchers. This is my roster now, 12 team PPR 6pt pass TD.

QB- Drew Brees
RB- Rob Kelly (?)
RB- Jonathan Stewart (?)
WR- Antonio Brown
WR- Mike Evans
FLEX- Golden Tate
TE- Rob Gronkowski
D/ST- Philly

B- John Brown
B- Marquise Lee
B- Robby Anderson
B- Thomas Rawls
B- Jeremy Hill
B- James White
B- Deandre Washington
B- Shane Vereen

I put question marks after the backs because in reality I have no loving idea who I'm starting.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Ty1990 posted:

I just traded Travis Kelce and my 2nd rounder next year for Gronk and a 4th rounder next year. It seems like an overpay but with my backs as lovely as they are I felt like I needed to go all in on pass catchers. This is my roster now, 12 team PPR 6pt pass TD.

QB- Drew Brees
RB- Rob Kelly (?)
RB- Jonathan Stewart (?)
WR- Antonio Brown
WR- Mike Evans
FLEX- Golden Tate
TE- Rob Gronkowski
D/ST- Philly

B- John Brown
B- Marquise Lee
B- Robby Anderson
B- Thomas Rawls
B- Jeremy Hill
B- James White
B- Deandre Washington
B- Shane Vereen

I put question marks after the backs because in reality I have no loving idea who I'm starting.

I think Kelce is gonna have better fantasy numbers than Gronk.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Ty1990 posted:

QB- Drew Brees
RB- Rob Kelly (?)
RB- Jonathan Stewart (?)
WR- Antonio Brown
WR- Mike Evans
FLEX- Golden Tate
TE- Rob Gronkowski
D/ST- Philly

B- John Brown
B- Marquise Lee
B- Robby Anderson
B- Thomas Rawls
B- Jeremy Hill
B- James White
B- Deandre Washington
B- Shane Vereen

Yeah I would have stood pat with Kelce.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Anybody here follow the chiefs? Will Tyreek be returning kicks again this year?

My keeper deadline got extended til tomorrow and i just remembered the league gives return yard points. Now i'm back to thinking who to keep again, welp.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Julian Edelman carted off on non-contact injury :rip:

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

since this is the thread for advice hello is this an ok team I keep getting roped into doing this year after year and I have no idea what I'm doing

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/Broncos_Report/status/901222036818677760

yep :rip:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
dropped my defense and added Chris Hogan.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
here lies julian edelman :rip:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Benne posted:

Ooooof

Danny Amendola assumes the Wes Welker Mantle or Tiny White Patriots Guy

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
drat! Hogan is owned in both of my leagues. Really don't want to pick up Amendola.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Asema posted:

since this is the thread for advice hello is this an ok team I keep getting roped into doing this year after year and I have no idea what I'm doing

Your starting lineup is great, but you should not own two QBs or two TEs, and it cost you some better WR/RB depth. Like I'm highly skeptical that marquise lee is ever gonna be a guy you want to start, I assume you got him super late, but whenever you got dalton was probably earlier?

And I assume you want to slot Martin in after week 3, but Gillislee and Bernard as your RB2 options until then is fairly dire.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

pubic works project posted:

drat! Hogan is owned in both of my leagues. Really don't want to pick up Amendola.
Then don't. He would still be WR4 after Cooks, Hogan, and Malcolm Mitchell.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Amendola is clearly only healthy when the pats need him in the playoffs, the rest of the season he's dead.

Don't pick him up dudes.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leperflesh posted:

Your starting lineup is great, but you should not own two QBs or two TEs, and it cost you some better WR/RB depth. Like I'm highly skeptical that marquise lee is ever gonna be a guy you want to start, I assume you got him super late, but whenever you got dalton was probably earlier?

And I assume you want to slot Martin in after week 3, but Gillislee and Bernard as your RB2 options until then is fairly dire.

Lee was a last round pickup that I am 100% not attached to as he was the autopick suggestion. Here are the available RB's right now

Like I said, I get roped into this thing every year at work and I'm just kinda bumblin through so any help is appreciated :)

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I have Edelman as my TY Hilton insurance :cry:

Do I need to grab Chris Hogan ASAP?!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Yeah, drop your kicker or your last bench player for Hogan immediately.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/901230201748692992

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

89 posted:

I have Edelman as my TY Hilton insurance :cry:

Do I need to grab Chris Hogan ASAP?!

Yeah grab him.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Dropped Goskowski, got him.

Watch me lose my season because of dropping NE's kicker

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

89 posted:

Dropped Goskowski, got him.

Watch me lose my season because of dropping NE's kicker

I doubt that.

Even if Edelman didn't tear his ACL, he's missing some time.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Is Chris Hogan really gonna benefit from this? I thought he was an outside WR. Amendola also makes more senses to me, positionally wise.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

89 posted:

Is Chris Hogan really gonna benefit from this? I thought he was an outside WR. Amendola also makes more senses to me, positionally wise.
Amendola isn't going to replace Edelman in the slot, but neither is Hogan. Cooks will and he is now definitely worth that late 2nd/early 3rd ADP. But you'll still see Hogan and Mitchell's target shares rise as well. While Hogan was previously a back end of the roster and unpredictable WR5, if Edelman just tore his ACL, then Hogan could be a WR3 with some serious weekly upside.

Also this:
https://twitter.com/NEPD_Loyko/status/901226724851109889

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Aug 26, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Danny Amendola isn't happening. He hasn't happened in like 4 years. Give it up.

Also Spencer Ware is dead too lol

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Spencer Ware.

IT'S HAPPENING!!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

But, which oneeeeeeeee :cry:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The half of the Patriots game with Brady, RB wise:

Dion Lewis - 4 attempts, 11 yards
Mike Gillisle - 8 attempts, 38 yards
James White - 4 attempts, 25 yards, 1 reception for 8 yards
Burkhead - No snaps

Welp.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Well there have been like 200 different times every year with people telling others to stay away from patriot RB's. lol if you still don't listen especially this year.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
James White was my golden child last year.

It's really Burkhead that's ruining all of this.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

89 posted:

The half of the Patriots game with Brady, RB wise:

Dion Lewis - 4 attempts, 11 yards
Mike Gillisle - 8 attempts, 38 yards
James White - 4 attempts, 25 yards, 1 reception for 8 yards
Burkhead - No snaps

Welp.

It's almost like a Brady offense can sustain multiple fantasy-relevant RBs or something. Crazy thought, I know.

Also Burkhead is hurt which is why he didn't play tonight.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

CompeAnansi posted:

Everything was in the quoted post except teams: 12 teams.

Haha, you actually listed # of teams, too. I got you mixed up with that other guy in your league.

CompeAnansi posted:

As a fellow member of this draft I agree. Most of those values happened after I ran out of money. :saddowns:

Rate my team too! (0.5PPR, 2RB, 2WR, 1 FLX)

QB: Tom Brady ($20)
RB: LeSean McCoy ($62), Leonard Fournette ($26), Bilal Powell ($13), Terrance West ($3), Alvin Kamara ($1)
WR: Keenan Allen ($23), Larry Fitzgerald ($15), Emmanuel Sanders ($9), Pierre Garcon ($7), Jordan Matthews ($1)
TE: Travis Kelce ($18)
K: Dan Bailey ($1)
D: Pittsburg ($1)

Yeah this is a great team in that format.

Things I like:
Fournette for $26. Steal.
Kelce for $18. Steal
Pittsburg D is so good.

Things I dont like:
Larry Fitzgerald ($15), Emmanuel Sanders ($9), Pierre Garcon ($7)
(Would have prefered the $31 go to just one good/great WR)
RB depth is so-so.

Overall, you just need to do your upkeep on waiver wire RBs, and this team is a shoe in for the playoffs barring a streak of bad luck. B+ but like an 89/100

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Lol at anyone who already drafted.

God is dead and so is half your roster.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Wait

Maybe I should pick up James White instead of Hogan

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

89 posted:

Wait

Maybe I should pick up James White instead of Hogan

Yes pick up a member of the Patriot RB roulette wheel over a WR who just scored two TDs tonight.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Jota posted:

Just did an auction draft for a 0.5 PPR goon league, tell me what you think:

QB: Matt Ryan ($4)
RB: Todd Gurley ($34) Lamar Miller ($31) CJ Anderson ($14) Ameer Abdullah ($10) Marlon Mack ($2)
WR: Jordy Nelson ($46) Alshon Jeffrey ($14) Cameron Meredith ($2) Brandon Marshall ($12) Willie Snead ($7) Eric Decker ($4) Jeremy Maclin ($3)
TE: Hunter Henry ($1)

Now that I know the position slots and number of owners, I can weigh in.

Yeah, this team is solid.

Things I like:
- 4 starting RBs and a solid backup. A bit of luck and you shouldn't have to scramble until about mid-season.
- Matt Ryan was a steal.
- Hunter Henry is worth a buck, even if he doesn't pan out

Things I don't like:
- Question marks with every running back. This could break really well, or it could go very, very poorly.
- Why the poo poo do you have 7 WRs? I can't really argue with the skill and value of any of them, but why are there 7? That's gonna create a lineup headache puzzle every week. Seriously people, in auction, pick at most 1 backup WR then fill your entire bench with cheap RBs and RB lottery tickets.

In a 12 team league, with due diligence and a healthy bit of luck and you should coast into the playoffs

I give it a B. Like 83.5/100

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My draft in 1PPR. I've never really been happy after a draft and this one is no different. 12 team and this is my "big money" league which I won last year (1st is $1440 IIRC).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

God is dead

How long is he expected to be out for?

• Locked thread