Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Axetrain posted:

Go gently caress yourself.

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How long it take u guys to get confirm email

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Astro7x posted:

It's amazing how many more people I see on various forums say they got one through Walmart just now compared to the first preorder last Monday on Walmart.

Yeah, I want to see Walmart confirm that these are legit.

remeez
Jan 10, 2007

I have confirmation emails and pending charges for the 2 separate single item preorders :toot:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
For fucks sake really?! :smithicide:

Done in 18 mins

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Empress Brosephine posted:

For real I got a pending charge and im really curious if I'll have something get approved because it's not up in my Walmart profile at all but I did screenshot the order number and all that

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

mutata posted:

Yeah, I want to see Walmart confirm that these are legit.

I can absolutely confirm it's legit. My card got charged from Walmart. It shows up in my order history at Walmart. I got a confirmation email from Walmart.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

25 minutes or so, got the alert at 6:26, ordered within 2 min. Got email at 6:56

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I already got one so it's no skin off my back but scalping is lovely.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Just got my confirmation email.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I took a snap of the order number too soo I guess we shall see

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yeah I took a snap of the order number too soo I guess we shall see

In the same boat, granted the credit card charge is a pretty strong indication of it being valid.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Jose Oquendo posted:

I can absolutely confirm it's legit. My card got charged from Walmart. It shows up in my order history at Walmart. I got a confirmation email from Walmart.

I believe you, but all of that stuff happened with the canceled ones from a month ago.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

mutata posted:

I believe you, but all of that stuff happened with the canceled ones from a month ago.

Yeah can we get some sirens for everyone to calm down about a probable fake set of orders, plus it lasted way too long. If it's real, great.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Axetrain posted:

I already got one so it's no skin off my back but scalping is lovely.

Maybe he has a Megaman Buster to bundle with it

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

mutata posted:

Ya, not liking that the listing page is down instead of saying sold out. Did the other listing earlier this week do that too?

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
Got a Wal-mart pre-order and a confirmation email. But I've had both of those things before, in July, so I won't really believe it until it's in my hands. Hanging onto my overpriced Gamestop bundle for now.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I signed up for both of those notification services and I have received all of two texts / emails on this poo poo this week. Nothing for this one either.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Bought 15 of em'.

Gonna use them all for my "Red Hot Knife Mounted To A Hydraulic-Press" youtube channel.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It's been 40 minutes and still no e-mail and not showing up in my order history. And I don't have a screenshot of the order number because the dumbass Google Pixel phone press and release power and volume down to screenshot NEVER EVER works.

They charged my CC pretty darn quick though.

I just want this drat thing for under $100 and not 4x MSRP.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm gonna send all 30 of mine to CrazyRussianHacker and just see what he does with em. It's all worth it for the "Hey what's up everybody welcome to my laboratory where safety is number one priority".

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Just got my preorder from Walmart with a ship date of October 5th and a confirmation order. Hooray! Thank you NowInStock! :dance:

Their stock lasting 18 whole minutes is very suspicious, but who knows. Could be legit.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Aug 26, 2017

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I got an email but keep in mind all that confirmation stuff happened with the fake pre-orders last month. Doesn't mean anything.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I completely expect these to all be cancelled, but if they aren't, half of my Christmas gifts are taken care of. :)

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Got my confirmation emails. :toot:

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

I got an email but keep in mind all that confirmation stuff happened with the fake pre-orders last month. Doesn't mean anything.

I did too. Same suspicion.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I can't help but be salty about people getting their second or third systems. This sucks.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just got my confirmation email finally.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TheManWithNoName posted:

I can't help but be salty about people getting their second or third systems. This sucks.

Don't blame you.

As much as I'd like one to keep in the box, I am purposefully only going to get ONE unless and until they are actually widely available and scalping isn't an issue.

Don't be an a-hole people. If a filthy capitalist Trumpster like myself can show some charity, so can you.

Anyway, got my confirmation e-mail finally. Due a week after we (allegedly) close on a new house, good thing I'm doing the move across town myself over a week or so and still have the lease on this place. House warming gift!!! (Unless Wally World screws me again).

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TheManWithNoName posted:

If it makes you feel better, I really really really need the money.:smith:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

If it makes you feel better, I really really really need the money.:smith:

Find a better way to get a hundred bucks. Buying an $80 toy to flip it in two months isn't great.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tender Bender posted:

Find a better way to get a hundred bucks. Buying an $80 toy to flip it in two months isn't great.

Gee, why didn't I think of that.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Huh. I got literally zero Now in Stock alerts and I'm signed up for text and email for preorder and normal.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

TheManWithNoName posted:

I plan on getting multiples and selling them to friends and co-workers at MSRP. And also, to secure my own because I got screwed over by Walmart the first time.

There is a guy I work with that has been hunting down an NES Classic, and I finally got one thanks to him because he told me about the Amazon Treasure Truck deal. I also have a friend that was never able to get an NES Classic that wanted one badly.

I don't know... I feel like it is easier this time around. I tried every loving online order for the NES classic and got nothing. This time around, I got in on the Walmart canceled one in July, the first Best Buy on on Monday, now the second round of Walmart today. Every single one of them is thanks to Now In Stock's Google Group alert.

This is what I suggest to people.
-Set up the Google Group alert
-Forward the email to your phone via a text message.
-Make that contact an Emergency Contact. On iOS, you can make it play a long ring tone for a text message, even if the phone is on silent or you are in Do Not Disturb mode.

That last part is key, and is the only reason I got 2 of those 3 NIS alerts.

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

Chris Christie posted:

Anyway, got my confirmation e-mail finally. Due a week after we (allegedly) close on a new house, good thing I'm doing the move across town myself over a week or so and still have the lease on this place. House warming gift!!! (Unless Wally World screws me again).

I completely feel your pain. I close on my new house September 30 and I'm worried about which address I should send it to.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Awwwwww poo poo, got the order received email yessss

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

AutomaticPrince posted:

I completely feel your pain. I close on my new house September 30 and I'm worried about which address I should send it to.

Mine.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

gently caress u buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

AutomaticPrince posted:

Office if you're employed? Parent or friend? I've moved A LOT and sometimes I ship stuff to my parents' house, never had a cancellation because of suspected fraud since we have the same last name. If you're a married female you could try husband's parents for the same reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Axetrain posted:

Go gently caress yourself.

I like to think there's a big gap between "buy one extra to sell and cover the cost of my own" and "buy up 20 units and scalp them." :(