Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

So let me get this straight. Because I didn't 7 star Old Ben, which I previously had almost zero reason to do, I didn't get CLS. Which I need to get 3rd Han? Which I need to get ROLeia?

Really got screwed for not 7 starring a character almost no one used.

I mean, I'll get over it, and get try to get CLS in the next go around, but drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
It wouldn't surprise me if they make the CLS event available again in the run-up to launching territory battles. I guess it depends how far away it is though.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

So let me get this straight. Because I didn't 7 star Old Ben, which I previously had almost zero reason to do, I didn't get CLS. Which I need to get 3rd Han? Which I need to get ROLeia?

I mean, I'll get over it, and get try to get CLS in the next go around, but drat.

This is my biggest complaint with this drat game, the combo chaining of locked premium toons. If you don't happen to have that one necessary toon when an event happens it could screw you for months.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
That's what you get for not spending :10bux: :10bux: for each 80 shards to stay competitive and have "fun".

Edit: I've been playing for less than a year but I've noticed that they like to do big things like this with a month or less notice to ensure F2P people are just barely able to get in if they drop everything else and frantically try to chase the flavor of the month. If we can't be bothered, it's going to take wishing with dollars.

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 24, 2017

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Do we think they will reduce the burden of the other crap we have to do? Or are they just piling on a new game mode on top of everything else?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
If anything, I'm sure they're adding stuff. That suits me fine since once we do GW and sim through our energy, there's nothing to do until payouts. I just wish my arena payout wasn't the same hour as I spend stuck in traffic on the way home.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Lots of new info on TBs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfzvIWdPaxc

Popete posted:

This is my biggest complaint with this drat game, the combo chaining of locked premium toons. If you don't happen to have that one necessary toon when an event happens it could screw you for months.

thrawn527 posted:

I was wrong, you'll be able to get Captain Han from cantina battles when TBs come out.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

thrawn527 posted:

No; territory battle rewards are guild wide. You'll get more/better rewards if more guild members meet the requirements, but you'll still get the rewards even if you don't individually qualify.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Malgrin posted:

I was wrong, you'll be able to get Captain Han from cantina battles when TBs come out.

CaptainPsyko posted:

No; territory battle rewards are guild wide. You'll get more/better rewards if more guild members meet the requirements, but you'll still get the rewards even if you don't individually qualify.

Oh. Then I take back my earlier rant. I'm good.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

Oh. Then I take back my earlier rant. I'm good.

Sorry, we've been posting things based on what we think we know at any given time.

You'll definitely need 5* HRSoldier, and 6* HRScout to finish everything. You won't be able to finish everything in TBs anyways, so....up to you, but I think doing HRSoldier will be worth it.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Malgrin posted:

Sorry, we've been posting things based on what we think we know at any given time.

You'll definitely need 5* HRSoldier, and 6* HRScout to finish everything. You won't be able to finish everything in TBs anyways, so....up to you, but I think doing HRSoldier will be worth it.

Yeah, I've been working on them since earlier this week when someone pointed that out. It's slow going, though, with HRSoldier only have one hard node and nowhere else to get shards.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finally got Dooku up to seven star and the max gear for my level, with Nihilus leading he's an absolute beast. Too bad I can't use a Sith team in the new mode ;'(

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I'll be working on hoth guys for you friends

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
As complicated as this game mode appears initially, i don't think it'll be too time consuming. I think that worst case there will be around 4 battles (including one ship battle) that will need to be completed in a 12 hour window. The process will probably be:
1. Using your best teams, fight the various combat missions
2. Assign characters to platoons (these characters can't be used in combat missions, but also all that matters is their presence, gear and star level are unimportant beyond whatever requirements there are to assign them)
3. Deploy all of your remaining characters. This step takes almost no time at all, and should always be done, it lets you add your entire galactic power rating to the territory. Even if you don't have time to do fights or whatever, at least do this step.

As far as teams to work towards, in addition to rebels in general, you'll also want to have solid Clones, Phoenix, and Rogue One teams.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was hoping it was some guild vs guild territory mode where you throw every character in your roster at an objective and see what happens, this seems kinda less cool. I have a bunch of characters now that I'll probably never use and it feels like a huge waste.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Any word on making Hard Hoth Bro easier to farm? At one shard a day getting him to five stars is almost half a year of farming.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Yeah. That worries me too. Between trying to farm the DN, Baze, and Resistance Trooper nodes, that's pretty much all my energy and a refresh or two. Adding Hoth Soldier to that mix just ensures I never have any energy left over to farm gear. I'm certain they won't pass up the opportunity to throw up a Hoth Soldier and Hoth Scout pack for the usual $19.99 each like they do with every character crunch. I'm also fairly certain I'll justify the cost of it to myself and give them money for it.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

Any word on making Hard Hoth Bro easier to farm? At one shard a day getting him to five stars is almost half a year of farming.

HothBros can be bought using the new urgency from the HothShop.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

UmOk posted:

you're actually getting 1 2/3 shards per day now, meaning it's now about 3 months.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
and his shards can pop in the shard shop, so keep a look out.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I have 5* hoth soldier and I'm pretty sure most of those shards came from Bronziums.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
They drop from bronziums, they pop up in crystal shop, you can pay 50 crystals per day for an additional 5 hard fights (halving the time it takes to star them up)

It is virtually guaranteed that they will have an 80-shard pack for $20 as well.

And for the low cost of 2799 crystals you can get 5 shards for a Hoth-bro and 5 other rebels!

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Guess I'll put First Order on hold again.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Hi space goons, I'm SA Noodles in QGJ. I'm gonna be on a cruise for a week and I highly doubt I'll pay for overpriced onboard internet in order to play this dumb dead game.

Don't kick me for inactivity, I'll be back next week where I'll be desperately burning crystals in order to catch up on my never ending farm.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

If both goon guilds are full, it's still in my best interest to be in a pubbie guild instead of no guild at all right?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

wisdomHNOX posted:

If both goon guilds are full, it's still in my best interest to be in a pubbie guild instead of no guild at all right?

Paging Cactus to this thread

Also;

quote:

Davethulhu - Yesterday at 8:11 PM
so, i have come into possesion of some info:
1. Mid-October there will be a nightsister event, which will include a faction pass and Mother Talzin
2. R2 returns at the end of october
3. Thrawn returns at the end of november

Care to elaborate on this nightsister thing? If it's just another lovely Trouble on Tatooine event, I'll pass. If it's good like this jedi event going on right now I might give it a second thought.

Also, the R2 / Thrawn schedule out to be posted here too since everything in Discord gets buried in older posts almost instantly.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

wisdomHNOX posted:

Yes, but there should be an opening in another goon lead guild.
For QGJ. Good job killing the tank in 13 hours. Maybe if no one has to leave soon, we can try it on hard with a few SM friends

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Jk qgj has an opening. Post your ally code for an invite

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

RC Cola posted:

Jk qgj has an opening. Post your ally code for an invite

451-145-754

Edit: Thanks I got the invite but apparently I have to wait before I can accept because the game locks you out if you try to join after leaving another guild too quickly?

MadMadi fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Aug 26, 2017

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

wisdomHNOX posted:

451-145-754

Edit: Thanks I got the invite but apparently I have to wait before I can accept because the game locks you out if you try to join after leaving another guild too quickly?

Sent. Rancor today if you have any 7 star characters. If not, try to get a 7* asap.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

wisdomHNOX posted:

Post your code and I'll invite you.

Just caught up to the thread.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Finally finished gearing CLS. Now I'm going to gear up Raid Han since I'm about 30 shards away from 7 starring him. Guild currency is going to farm Jyn to help with raids. Cantina energy is going towards 7 starring Ezra, then Hera, while Cantina currency is to get Hoth Scout shards.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I'm doing the hoth ones because everyone says to but I don't know why.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Well, going by those preview videos of the Territory Battles, it looks like the two Hoth rebels are required characters for certain missions, along with Captain Han Solo and Rebel Officer Leia Organa who are going to be introduced with Territory Battles. Like probably everybody else, I'm also working on those two Hoth rebels now and it's going to take forever for me to even activate the Soldier at this rate.

Also, some of those missions look like they need Commander Luke, the Rogue One characters, etc.

some dillweed fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Aug 27, 2017

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I only have the Rogue One characters... sigh.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Taintrunner posted:

I only have the Rogue One characters... sigh.

The good news is that territory battle rewards are guildwide. Contribute what you can and the rest of the guild does the same and everyone gets the good stuff!!!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
R2 is going to return before Thrawn?

Been putting all my currency into PS lately, expecting Thrawn to appear before R2. At least i can use them for Palpie.

Was kinda depending on having Thrawn to be able to get R2, not sure if there are enough easily grindable empire dudes to get R2...

Palpie, Royal Guard (currently at 5*, so not too bad a grind), TFP, Magmatrooper and Stormtrooper. Will those be able to get R2 7*?
2 of those are from cantina, so i won't be able to do FBLuke or Old Ben at the same time, so getting CLS (assuming he pops up right after the R2 event again) is going to be tough.

You guys said earlier that the Imp Troopers are only good in a Veers-led team, but will they be completely useless vs the R2 event?
Its not like there are a lot of other options, for anyone, to get 5 7* Empire characters. GMT and Vader perhaps, but both are nasty grinds (Vader isn't even really grindable is he)

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
I started an overflow Guild called Revenge of Doom House because I got kicked out of Something Maulful (for being too awesome), I will copy everything the other guilds do as far as raid times but this is 50 more slots to play around with.

Ally code is 537-989-169 (Cool Mike) for invites.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
R2 returning twice before Thrawn is kind of a loving insult.

Jorge Bell posted:

I started an overflow Guild called Revenge of Doom House because I got kicked out of Something Maulful (for being too awesome), I will copy everything the other guilds do as far as raid times but this is 50 more slots to play around with.

Wait, why'd you get kicked? QGJ and The Roccinante both have room, usually. We don't really have the numbers to support another overflow guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Jorge Bell posted:

Yeah I invited you to QGJ and you never accepted. I'm still on your friend list