Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This is the first arc where the Strawhats will get two new members.

Jinbei and Pudding will be great additions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

Larryb posted:

To be fair, what was the last arc that didn't end with Luffy kicking the Big Bad's rear end? It's kind of a tradition at this point.

Summit War.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Big Mom is gonna pass out after eating Sanji's cake. At this point she will be indistinguishable from any other big bad that Luffy punched into unconsciousness.

:bignews: Headlines will read "Strawhat Luffy Defeats Big Mom"

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Kirios posted:

This is the first arc where the Strawhats will get two new members.

Jinbei and Pudding will be great additions.

Jinbei joined like 3 arcs ago though

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
So Big Mom is basically the Juggernaut now. Cool.

Also I love what Oda did with Pudding in the end. Makes all the flip flopping from the last few chapters worth it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TriffTshngo posted:

Jinbei joined like 3 arcs ago though

Yeah, Jinbei has pretty much been part of the team since Fishman Island, only difference is now it's official (kind of like how Nami and Robin traveled with the crew for a bit before formally joining up following the Arlong Park and Enies Lobby arcs respectively). Jinbe hadn't been traveling with them of course but an offer was at least made.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Aug 24, 2017

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Chapter thoughts: Brook is still killing it, tsundere Pudding is great, and in retrospect having Sanji resolve this arc by cooking is the only way this could have gone down. This arc is so loving good.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Chapter thoughts: Brook is still killing it, tsundere Pudding is great, and in retrospect having Sanji resolve this arc by cooking is the only way this could have gone down. This arc is so loving good.

Yeah, it's pretty much the ideal conclusion to the Rehabilitation of the Character of Sanji.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
sanji is going to make an okama cake and then turn to pudding and announce that he's gay now

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Pudding's back and forth emotions were hilarious. Loving this.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Don't give up, skeleton.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Work Friend Keven posted:

Don't give up, skeleton.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/sandman_ap/status/900782874021974016

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

can we talk about how awesome skeleton grandpa and reindeer human are holding their own on the thousand sunny? and how awesome that is? I'm super digging the chopper/brook dynamic.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
I couldn't help myself.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
see

pudding is a good girl with an evil eye, I always told you~

I always believed in my girl Puddin'

also I wonder if that precognitive dude is gonna wind up letting them go. He's been just hanging around except for one scene where he fought in the entire arc, during the actual ceremony, right?

brainSnakes posted:

I couldn't help myself.
yes, good

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
he's the next crew member

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

So many people joining the crew this arc.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

So many people joining the crew this arc.

At this rate the Strawhats might need to get a second ship at some point.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Pudding is a good, evil wife.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
pudding used to be evil but is becoming good through the power of love

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
now that weed is canon in the op universe...i need that ganja ganja no mi

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

anime was right posted:

pudding used to be evil but is becoming good through the power of love

pudding used to be good but has become great

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Wow I can't wait for what's clearly being set up by this chapter: for Luffy to punch big mother to death with his big haki fists.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

The cake will be so good it will remind Big Mom of how great that feast was on her birthday which will unleash her suppressed memories of that day and she'll finally realize that she ate Carmel

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

U-DO Burger posted:

The cake will be so good it will remind Big Mom of how great that feast was on her birthday which will unleash her suppressed memories of that day and she'll finally realize that she ate Carmel

oh my allah this is actually gonna happen

as much as i wanted that drat fight to pop off the last panel of sanji was great and brook and chopper were oddly the highlight of it all

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

I guess that explains why her munchies are so powerful.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

key party favors posted:

can we talk about how awesome skeleton grandpa and reindeer human are holding their own on the thousand sunny? and how awesome that is? I'm super digging the chopper/brook dynamic.

I'm just happy Beartato has joined the crew

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/chiku_op01110/status/900379445894160385

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I feel like this arc (along with the brief Zou arc) is the most "One Piece" that the manga has been since the time skip.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Work Friend Keven posted:

Wow I can't wait for what's clearly being set up by this chapter: for Luffy to punch big mother to death with his big haki fists.

he;s going to punch her into the sea where she'll drown

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
Okay, so I've been mad about Pudding since Sanji saw her third eye (and I still think that bit is loving dumb and annoying as hell) but it was worth it for this chapter. This was by far the best chapter in a long time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Man with Hat posted:

(and I still think that bit is loving dumb and annoying as hell)
or maybe it's YOU that's dumb and annoying as hell!!!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Skelebro owns bones. :hellyeah: :yohoho:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jose posted:

he;s going to punch her into the sea where she'll drown

He's actually going to punch the cake into Big Mom's mouth.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
I would laugh if Luffy eats the whole cake right in front of Big Mom.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Or if Luffy KO's her right as Sanji is about to feed the cake to her. Then everyone parties and eats the wedding cake as Sanji and Purin get married for real.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Not sure why there wouldn't be a fight to be honest as Luffy did promise to kick her rear end so he could liberate Fishman Island a while back (plus, she did try to have Pudding kill Sanji after all and we know how Luffy usually gets when someone messes with his crew). Also, she's clearly one of the main focuses of this arc so no time like the present right?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 26, 2017

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Lufffy has promised to never run away again, so it's pretty clear here: Luffy is going to fight big mother for 17 straight chapters before brutally killing her to save his allies from her ultimate move: the mother's cage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=22844&s=4bf72f9ae2592ef7f08355b3ba70e4f6

Who would smoke weed in One Piece? posted:

Although it will never happen, i think it would be funny to imagine who in One Piece would partake in the sweet leaf and how they would act. Considering how goofy some of the characters are, i think there would be a lot of funny moments.

Zoro- He may do it to relax for his naps. He might be a vulture though, always sneaking up on whoever had it and "cut" into the rotation. Only problem is Zoro already has a bad sense of direction, he might get lost forever.

Sanji- He already smokes like a chimney, this would just be "green tobacco" to him, plus he can cook up some great munchy food.

Luffy- I think he would try it, but i think the crew would stop him from doing it too much, Sanji has to cook a ton of food anyway and if Luffy had the munchies, imagine how much food he would eat then! Having rubber lungs means that Luffy can take monsterous hits.

Chopper- Hey, it has it medical uses too.

Franky- Not sure, he runs off cola, but man could he build some awesome stuff to smoke it out of.

Brooke- He's a musican, it's almost required. Even with no lungs, i think he would still enjoy it.

Nami-Maybe once in awhile by herself.

Usopp-Totally. "This one time, i defeated like a whole army of marines with just one shot." He's already a pacifist, this would just reinforce it.

Robin- Nah, she's a smart girl, but i think she would find it funny.

Smoker- Obviously. The only guy who could use it to his advantage. You think those are cigars?

Ace- More then likely, he would never need a lighter.

Admiral Kizaru- He talks real slow as it is, seems he already does it.

Trafalgar Law- Dude looks stoned anyways " hey man, i need a talking kung-fu bear in my crew..."

Pappug- He's already wearing the hat for it. Hooking the Strawhats up with the "seaWeed".

That's all i can think of for the moment. So have a laugh and share your thoughts on who would smoke and what funny moments may come from it. Oh, and if anyone can make any photoshoped pictures of characters doing it, i would love to see them.